IT.COM

How long does it take to get a domain won at GoDaddy Auctions?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
It's the first time I buy a domain there (I bought it at BIN 2 days ago). Now I was wondering how many days the whole process will require and I contacted the support, that just replied:

As the domain was listed by another GoDaddy Auctions member, the domain does not transfer automatically. You will need to use the ‘Email Seller’ link in your GoDaddy Auctions account to contact the seller and work out the transfer of the domain name. The link to email the seller will not be available until the 6th day after payment as we have a 5 day verification period of the funds. If the seller does not provide the domain name, you will need to file a dispute per section 4. of the Domain Name Aftermarket Membership Agreement

A dispute?! Since the domain is registered with GoDaddy and they already received my payment, wouldn't it be easier to push the domain to my account themselves?

PS: the domain status is "Funds received, authorization pending"

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It took almost a month for one of the domains we bought not too long ago. :(

The seller of the domain and Goddady blamed each other for the delay.

In the end, we finally received the domain though.

•••
You need to do as GoDaddy suggested and use the email link. Domains listed by people other than GoDaddy are not automatically transferred. You need to arrange that with the other seller. So the time is entirely dependent upon how fast the seller responds. Some respond fast and others don't because GoDaddy waits 30 days (or so) before they pay the seller. If the seller doesn't respond within 5 days, I'd ask GoDaddy for help in contacting the seller.

•••
GoDaddy = nightmare it take's sooo long to get in through you've got to be really lucky to get the domains transferred quickly.

•••
Thanks. 2 more questions:

1) Can I contact the seller using the whois email address during the first 5 days (before GD provides the contact link)?

2) Once I manage to contact the seller all I have to do is giving him my GD account details for the push or is there anything else?

•••
Hi,

Short answer: 5 days

Long answer: As a seller I have been on the other side of similar transactions many times. The seller sees exactly what you at the moment.
Godaddy has send the seller an email telling him not to push the domain until the funds have cleared. Here is that email:
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/40/selleri.gif
Forthermore, there is no "push to buyer" link yet inside the sellers control panel. That link will appear after 5 days after funds have cleared on this page:
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2994/push.gif

stub,
GD waits 20 days, from the original sale date, to pay the seller.

Last edited:
•••
@Erdinc

thanks, that helps a lot. So the seller will be provided with a link to push the domain to my account? Great, I thought I would give my gd account details to the seller as in forum sales :)

•••
here is one example of domain i sold..
message from godaddy:
Select "Use details from specified customer account," and enter:
GoDaddy.com Account Number: *******
Contact Email: [email protected]

•••
Thanks Erdinc. They must have changed that at some point because it used to be 30 days.

•••
For the most part, it's never taken more than a week and a half for non-expired names, but it depends on how quickly the seller follows through after the payment has cleared. I've never had to wait over 2 weeks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back