Dynadot

new gTLD Will the price of .XYZ increase or not? - Data from auctions

NameSilo
Watch

Fancy.domains

Top Member
Impact
Hello,

I think it's interesting to see if the Abc.xyz launch will do any change to the aftermarket prices, that nowadays are kind of low for .XYZ. I will frequently (almost daily) collect the data from the 15 .XYZ with highest bids on Namejet and simply sum up these figures. This will probably not be statistically significant, but at least it can give us a hint.

Ok, the numbers for today (in dollars): 260, 220, 130, 130, 120, 120, 120, 120, 110, 100, 100, 99, 99, 96, 89.

Sum: $1913

Attachments

• xyz-aug11.png
    xyz-aug11.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 60
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Was that the ending price for cloud .xyz @ 6600.00?

•••
•••
We can now say that good keyword .xyz worth something more than reg fee.

•••
•••
We can now say that good keyword .xyz worth something more than reg fee.
Until when ?
Generic .mobi domains were selling for a lot of money during the hype period.
The keyword here is hype.

Revisit this thread in one year, it will be very similar to the other threads from the previous years (.asia .tel .etc).

•••
Until when ?
Generic .mobi domains were selling for a lot of money during the hype period.
The keyword here is hype.

Revisit this thread in one year, it will be very similar to the other threads from the previous years (.asia .tel .etc).

You're right about the new extension hypes, but at the same time people are not always rational, when it comes to value certain things.
At the peak of tulip mania, in March 1637, some single tulip bulbs sold for more than 10 times the annual income of a skilled craftsman. It is generally considered the first recorded speculative bubble

More: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

Ps. I don't think this will ever happen to .XYZ, but if it can happen to a tulip bulb, you'll never know. :roll:

•••
I am hoping to see prices rise,really do like the extension, though I am willing to part with the only .xyz I have

•••
We just now bought Vehicles.xyz The .com version has an Estibot value of over $1 million. We'll see how this one goes-I don't think there's a lot of downside.
Estibot, smestibot. No value machine.

•••
There is no correlation between mobi and xyz, the former was intended for what we now know did not prevail.

Glad I bought some short one word xyz before GR, wish I had bought more.

Always thinking of the future.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back