Dynadot

new gTLD Will the price of .XYZ increase or not? - Data from auctions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Fancy.domains

Top Member
Impact
Hello,

I think it's interesting to see if the Abc.xyz launch will do any change to the aftermarket prices, that nowadays are kind of low for .XYZ. I will frequently (almost daily) collect the data from the 15 .XYZ with highest bids on Namejet and simply sum up these figures. This will probably not be statistically significant, but at least it can give us a hint.

Ok, the numbers for today (in dollars): 260, 220, 130, 130, 120, 120, 120, 120, 110, 100, 100, 99, 99, 96, 89.

Sum: $1913

Attachments

• xyz-aug11.png
    xyz-aug11.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 62
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
maybe You will also be interested in https://www.cax.com/?ext=xyz
and the price of WRK.XYZ at 480K BIN

I could be wrong... but the 480k is what someone is asking for it. There is a HUGE difference between what someone is asking for a domain and what the domain is actually worth.

Take .OOO for example. They have several of their domains up for sale with a 1.5 million dollar price tag.
The thing to note here is that NONE of the domains have sold at that price.

My point is the 480k price tag equates to zero in the realm of actual meaning.
Who knows what will happen. It may only realize $100 or it may realize a price of 500k after a bidding war. It could ultimately wind up being dropped if there is zero interest in it.

Just my thoughts

Cheers

•••
yes of course, it is the asked price... and it can just end up dropped...

•••
all i can say is:

remember the alamo, i mean .mobi

:)

•••
all i can say is:

Not to bring things off topic, but we have to remember that .MOBI is one example of things being wayyy to trumped up for what it actually is.
Is there value in nTLDs. I think so.
Is there money to be made in nTLDs. The answer on that is yes... $$$ is already being made in these.
But we can not forget that there are certain ebbs and flows. Even .COM had its share of troubles in the 2000 era with (what many refer to as) the dot com (dot bomb) bubble. Hindsite its easy to see what happen but at the time people lost lots and lots of $$$ even on .COM domains.

Just some thoughts.

Cheers

•••
all i can say is:

people are mentioning the mobi, but the mobi can be bad example to ocompare to, becasue technically it is possible to create a subdomain, in general used as http://M.site.com ( M for mobile view ) with auto redirect to mobile site from the phone and to a standard site from the laptop etc ,...

everything must be done in one domain with easy to memorize name with some ngtld used for hacks / redirects as 'micro events buzzmakers' ( like outlive.life) with the main domain as a classig regged gtld or ngtld....

maybe comparing to CO would be better , but again, i think CO is a mirroring attempt of COM... so... newgtld's 2014 are different from this...

•••
there is money to be made, but for now, who's making it.....the registries and aftermarkets.

.xyz c'mon why not .ooo or .biz or .pw or .ws etc, etc.

some bubbles float a long time, some burst real quick

i'm just saying, how much hot air is in this .one?

•••
there is money to be made, but for now, who's making it.....the registries and aftermarkets.

.xyz c'mon why not .ooo or .biz or .pw or .ws etc, etc.

some bubbles float a long time, some burst real quick

i'm just saying, how much hot air is in this .one?

Before we bring this thread way to far off track (I will try to bring it full circle back to the original question), I would like to address the "who is making money" question.
I would have to agree that the registries are making $$$. They are a company after all and it is their sole intent to make $$$. I very much doubt they would be in business if their goal was to lose $$$.
I agree that many registries withhold great domain names and/or list them at outrageous prices. Either no one pays that kind of money for the domain names (think .OOO asking $1.5m for clothes.ooo) and there for they companies does not make any money OR some investor comes along and sees the value (of his own free will) and pays what (s)he determines the domain is worth (think coffee.club at $100k.

As far as the aftermarket making money... WE ARE THE AFTERMARKET. I have no qualms with selling any of my domains for more then what I had originally purchased them for. So be it that I am an aftermarket middle man.

To bring this full circle. I think that some domainers may see extra value in .XYZ now.
I still contend that if you are using Google as your measuring stick, then you would probably be better off with speculating in a Google owned nTLD instead of .XYZ but if nothing else... this is free publicity for the extension.

Just my thoughts.

Cheers

•••
This type of news is good to know for general information but also a hook that gets some of the domaining community excited in which you will see a surge in sales from domainers. As a business owner and a end user we purchase the following cctld is and .com is number one then .org .net for other options if needed but not very likely.

.xyz or any new gtld is an investment from a domainers perspective and not an end user as an end user will use the gltd everyone else in their marking industry is using. I think with today's google news .xyz domainers will be bidding more on flippa listings

Is there money to be made of course domainers trading amongst domainers with every now and then a corporate jackpot purchase.

I wish the best of luck to those who are willing to try and cash in on some fast ROI. Churn and burn!!!

•••
•••
Hello,

Day 2: 460, 250, 131, 126, 125, 125, 125, 125, 125, 120, 120, 120, 120, 120, 120.

Sum: $2312 (Highest so far)

Attachments

• xyz-aug12.png
    xyz-aug12.png
    87 KB · Views: 67
•••
Hello,

Day 3: 399, 220, 135, 133, 129, 129, 129, 129, 129, 125, 125, 120, 120, 120, 120.

Sum: $2262 (Second highest so far)

Please note: CCC .xyz was sold for about $500 yesterday, which has inpact on today's result.

Attachments

• xyz-aug13.png
    xyz-aug13.png
    87.8 KB · Views: 48
•••
My prediction is Yes, the value is going to increase with domain speculators/investors on one-word .xyz's

End users is another story, too early to speculate otherwise.

Last edited:
•••
Yes. As with all the new domains when they start to get used and people get used to them.

I'm in London. Last week I walked passed a car with a .london web address on it, and it looked very good on it too (it was for a property website).

•••
Hello,

I can see a clear increase of visitors to many of my own .XYZ landing pages the last three days. The question is, is this just temporary, or somewhat lasting? Time will show. I prefer to rely on data more than thoughts and guesses.

•••
I don't think this is a good way to establish if interest is growing.

•••
I don't think this is a good way to establish if interest is growing.

Ok, fine. But please be constructive and show me or the world a better way. A one-line complaint is not that productive.

And, I will not go into some more arguing about this here. I prefer to continue to follow these auctions on a daily basis. If no one else is interested, that's fine. At least I am.

•••
Ok, fine. But please be constructive and show me or the world a better way. A one-line complaint is not that productive.

And, I will not go into some more arguing about this here. I prefer to continue to follow these auctions on a daily basis. If no one else is interested, that's fine. At least I am.

The problem is a one off sale can dramatically increase your daily sum. This doesn't necessarily mean there is more interest though.

Good luck though.

•••
Hello,

I think it's interesting to see if the Abc.xyz launch will do any change to the aftermarket prices, that nowadays are kind of low for .XYZ. I will frequently (almost daily) collect the data from the 15 .XYZ with highest bids on Namejet and simply sum up these figures. This will probably not be statistically significant, but at least it can give us a hint.

Ok, the numbers for today (in dollars): 260, 220, 130, 130, 120, 120, 120, 120, 110, 100, 100, 99, 99, 96, 89.

Sum: $1913
K-TY for the post. We own X7X.xyz and X9X.xyz think there's any value? We own another one we don't want to sell yet-lol

•••
The problem is a one off sale can dramatically increase your daily sum. This doesn't necessarily mean there is more interest though.

Good luck though.

You're right and that is why I will do this for a month or more. I think a year would be ultimate, if I have the patience. ;)

I am not a hardcore fan of .XYZ or any other extension, although I am curious to see if my purchases of 50-60 .XYZ was a waste of time (probably not a total waste, as I've sold 15% of them) or maybe a small investment for the future. The COM-killer talk is just Negaris way to "provoke" attention to his extension. I think he is doing it well, although a domainer will not take it seriously.

•••
You're right and that is why I will do this for a month or more. I think a year would be ultimate, if I have the patience. ;)

I am not a hardcore fan of .XYZ or any other extension, although I am curious to see if my purchases of 50-60 .XYZ was a waste of time (probably not a total waste, as I've sold 15% of them) or maybe a small investment for the future. The COM-killer talk is Negaris way to "provoke" attention to his extension. I think he is doing it well.

Fair point.

I would personally consider counting how many sales there are per day. One off sales won't impact this metric. That would be a simple and better way to gauge interest.

•••
Hello,

Day 4: 400, 400, 135, 135, 135, 135, 135, 135, 135, 135, 135, 135, 135, 135, 135.

Sum: $2555 (Highest so far)

Attachments

• xyz-aug14.png
    xyz-aug14.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 52
•••
Hello,

Day 6: 401, 400, 143, 143, 143, 143, 140, 135, 135, 135, 135, 135, 135, 135, 135.

Sum: $2593 (Highest so far)

Comments: A very small increase the latest 48 hours. It might be the weekend, we will see tomorrow or on Tuesday.

Attachments

• xyz-aug16.png
    xyz-aug16.png
    90.5 KB · Views: 50
•••
Hello,

Day 6: 401, 400, 143, 143, 143, 143, 140, 135, 135, 135, 135, 135, 135, 135, 135.

Sum: $2593 (Highest so far)

Comments: A very small increase the latest 48 hours. It might be the weekend, we will see tomorrow or on Tuesday.
..yeh and me have 3 most important (maybe) for .XYZ industry/develop. Pretty bad not possible to put on auction on Namejet

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back