IT.COM

new gTLD Will the price of .XYZ increase or not? - Data from auctions

NameSilo
Watch

Fancy.domains

Top Member
Impact
Hello,

I think it's interesting to see if the Abc.xyz launch will do any change to the aftermarket prices, that nowadays are kind of low for .XYZ. I will frequently (almost daily) collect the data from the 15 .XYZ with highest bids on Namejet and simply sum up these figures. This will probably not be statistically significant, but at least it can give us a hint.

Ok, the numbers for today (in dollars): 260, 220, 130, 130, 120, 120, 120, 120, 110, 100, 100, 99, 99, 96, 89.

Sum: $1913

Attachments

• xyz-aug11.png
    xyz-aug11.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 60
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

Day 7: 401, 400, 209, 180, 143, 143, 143, 143, 143, 135, 135, 135, 135, 135, 135.

Sum: $2715 (Highest so far)

Attachments

• xyz-aug17.png
    xyz-aug17.png
    90.7 KB · Views: 27
•••
Hello,

Day 7: 401, 400, 209, 180, 143, 143, 143, 143, 143, 135, 135, 135, 135, 135, 135.

Sum: $2715 (Highest so far)

Thanks for the updates on this! I have been wondering about these .XYZ domains. How many do you own currently, I purchased a bunch of them with EMD's and good month searches last week. Need to allocate private whois on them soon though.

•••
Thanks for the updates on this! I have been wondering about these .XYZ domains. How many do you own currently, I purchased a bunch of them with EMD's and good month searches last week. Need to allocate private whois on them soon though.
Smart buys-you might want to consider listing them in the xyz Challenge they have going-its free to enter and win $1000 -we won the first one-its for real and fun and free as i mentioned-good luck with your names.

•••
Smart buys-you might want to consider listing them in the xyz Challenge they have going-its free to enter and win $1000 -we won the first one-its for real and fun and free as i mentioned-good luck with your names.

Nice, thanks for the heads-up.

•••
•••
•••
We just now bought Vehicles.xyz The .com version has an Estibot value of over $1 million. We'll see how this one goes-I don't think there's a lot of downside.

•••
We just now bought Vehicles.xyz The .com version has an Estibot value of over $1 million. We'll see how this one goes-I don't think there's a lot of downside.

Yeah that should get a nice ROI I would think, nice domain.

•••
Hello,

Day 10: 500, 400, 148, 148, 143, 143, 143, 135, 135, 135, 135, 135, 135, 135, 135.

Sum: $2705

Note! Pink.xyz sold for a nice amount an hour before I made this list, so with that one included the sum would have been higher than 3000.

Attachments

• xyz-aug20.png
    xyz-aug20.png
    91.3 KB · Views: 21
•••
Hello,

Day 10: 500, 400, 148, 148, 143, 143, 143, 135, 135, 135, 135, 135, 135, 135, 135.

Note! Pink.xyz sold for a nice amount an hour before I made this list, so with that one included the sum would have been higher.
I think you guys might find this interesting -I just put out a tweet re "we now own the name Vehicles.xyz" etc and guess who "favored" it-The Tesla Channel on Twitter with 10,000 followers. That can't hurt .xyz lol.

•••
I think that by the end of the year, the prices will increase with small steps.
However there will be a period where they will stop and then they will drop.
Fluctuations are always present on every industry.

•••
I think that by the end of the year, the prices will increase with small steps.
However there will be a period where they will stop and then they will drop.
Fluctuations are always present on every industry.
Cristi-the very best names could be an excellent investment IF .xyz hits-if it doesn't ( I think it will) then you still have some pretty great names at only $8 per year to renew. We have 3 good ones I think.

•••
I my opinion is worth having some excellent investments in .xyz as you say @London555 and even you don't sell them by the end of the year (for any reason you may have, usually is that people wants more money :) ) when you have to renew them is still worth paying the renewal fee for 1 year.
But that's just what I personally think. :)

•••
I my opinion is worth having some excellent investments in .xyz as you say @London555 and even you don't sell them by the end of the year (for any reason you may have, usually is that people wants more money :) ) when you have to renew them is still worth pay the renewal fee for 1 year.
But that's just what I personally think. :)
Crisit-we own BigTable.xyz( if you're in tech you know what this one is about) FloodInsurance.xyz and Vehicles.xyz That's enough for us to be able to hold for a few years and see what happens. If I were a startup-Id be looking at this extension with so many great names still available. We own LaFutbol.com so I tried to buy "Futbol.xyz" but no go-it was gone. It stands to reason because FUTBOL.com just sold for $1.7 million.

Last edited:
•••
Hello,

Note! Pink.xyz sold for a nice amount an hour before I made this list, so with that one included the sum would have been higher than 3000.

Looks like cloud has jumped to a grand..

•••
Hello,

Day 12: 1000, 400, 148, 148, 143, 143, 135, 135, 135, 135, 135, 135, 135, 135, 135.

Sum: $3197 (Highest so far)

Attachments

• xyz-aug22.png
    xyz-aug22.png
    91.6 KB · Views: 31
•••
Hello,

I will continue to update this for two months altogether, wether the prices increases, decreases or remains about the same.

The ABC.XYZ launch seem to have a small (but still noticeable) impact on sales. At least so far.

•••
This will probably not be statistically significant, but at least it can give us a hint.

Not really because this doesn't make much sense. Small number of domains. If you want to know how things are going, check actual sales, there are sites for that. Up or down, really means nothing. And looking at the names, it's bound to go down since the better names are closing sooner. Should drop in a couple of days when cloud is gone.

•••
Not really because this doesn't make much sense. Small number of domains. If you want to know how things are going, check actual sales, there are sites for that. Up or down, really means nothing. And looking at the names, it's bound to go down since the better names are closing sooner. Should drop in a couple of days when cloud is gone.

Thank you for your lesson. However, I will neither listen to ".COM fundamentalists or .XYZ extremists". I'm just doing my thing. Like it or do not like it. ;)

Ps. Yeah, I am aware of these sites and I visit them on an almost daily basis, just as any domainer.

Last edited:
•••
Ps. the "fundamentalists / extremists" was not meant literally, I am just trying to add some light sarcasm. I'm a somehow a .COM fundamentalist myself as I think its doing better than all the other TLDs together, on the aftermarket.

•••
I have renew all my premium Word .xyz! Auctions are doing okay so far!

•••
$3794 new high, but tomorrow cometh

•••
$3794 new high, but tomorrow cometh

There was a new high today of $8,817 because of cloud.xyz going for $6,600

Now that just dropped to $2,341, the top 15

•••
cloud.xyz going for $6,600

It's amazing how swayed people can be.

I've actually talked to many end users who are using gTLD's and they hate them - yes literally 'hate'.
It was their only option for the keyword and they still hate it.

Woe to the .xyz investor.

•••
It's amazing how swayed people can be.

I've actually talked to many end users who are using gTLD's and they hate them - yes literally 'hate'.
It was their only option for the keyword and they still hate it.

Woe to the .xyz investor.

Good keywords .xyz looks good. IMO

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back