NameSilo

Will the next wave of new gTLD's bypass domain investors and be marketed at end-users only?

Labeled as debate in gTLD Discussion, started by mad409, Nov 22, 2015

Replies:
Views:

1. mad409

mad409 Always thinking outside the box! VIP

I've been looking at some of the upcoming releases, such as .auto, .car, .cars, .feedback just to name a few. It's apparent the next wave must be focused on end users only, with general pricing at $2,999.00 per year for the ones mentioned.

If in fact this is the new trend moving forward it's of my opinion over the next few years certain gTLDs that launched during the first phase will be the ones that will prosper, JMO.

Attached Files:

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. ambrose.xu

ambrose.xu Established Member

.bank is in the trend now. only end users -- real bank can register .bank

3. mad409

mad409 Always thinking outside the box! VIP

.bank is a restricted domain, you must be a bank. The ones I've posted above are not restricted but whats up with the pricing moving forward into 2016?

4. wot

wot Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

As domainers probably buy around 90?per cent of new releases sounds like an end user scenario would result in rapid bankruptcy.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice