Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Will Israel attack.... should they?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Should Israel attack Iran's nuclear facility?

  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

    7 
    votes
    28.0%
  • No

    18 
    votes
    72.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

namenut

Top Member
Impact
357
OK ... this is going to be a heated one. I'm curious to what my peers feel. I'm an American white male so I'm sure some of you to disagree with me for that reason alone but ho fully there will be more to you position than disdain for America and or Americans.

In 48 hours the Iran reactor will be active and an attack after it is active will release radiation thus harm Israel support in the public eye. Should they, Israel, attack Iran? Iran has clearly stated they wish to get a nuke to "wipe out" the Jewish people.


Will Israel attack Iran's nuclear power facility?

Should Israel attack the Iranian facility?

Should Iran be trusted with having nukes?

Would Iran use their nukes against Israel?

How would you handle the issue if you were Israel, America or Iran?

I will omit my opinion for now. See the pole. :)

NN
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Thanks :)

But isn't it true? Saddam killed thousands of HIS OWN PEOPLE, just testing weapons. It's no surprise we didn't find any WMD in Iraq: Saddam used 'em on his own ppl! Imagine the hell the Koreans (and the rest of us) would see if Kim got hold of a nuke.

True, you need to watch "Green Zone" with Matt Damon...even it is just a movie it has some "beef' to it....(even i agree with you that he used the weapons on his own people there is no proof and will never be that he had large amounts)

So, where are we heading?/

Bush fucked it up during his terms...

Obama fucks it up with his inconsistency right now(the mosque thing is giving him the nails to his coffin unfortunately, Mosque at Ground Zero – Right or Wrong? « Sniper Magazine)

So, where are we heading?/

I am just afraid man :(

no need to get more political since i know this is a no no here at my second home Namepros!! :)

Cheers

Liquid
 
0
•••
It's gotta be tonight if they're going for it .....


True, you need to watch "Green Zone" with Matt Damon...even it is just a movie it has some "beef' to it....(even i agree with you that he used the weapons on his own people there is no proof and will never be that he had large amounts)

So, where are we heading?/

Bush fucked it up during his terms...

Obama fucks it up with his inconsistency right now(the mosque thing is giving him the nails to his coffin unfortunately, Mosque at Ground Zero – Right or Wrong? « Sniper Magazine)

So, where are we heading?/

I am just afraid man :(

no need to get more political since i know this is a no no here at my second home Namepros!! :)

Cheers

Liquid


Hey Cherry .... You can get a political as you want in this thread! I think all the players in this thread are big boys and girls and respect your rights. And those that aren't can get the fark out. Say what you like. I am .....:o
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Don't underestimate Israel, they got some of the most high-tech weapons available on earth. That said, don't underestimate Iran neither, they may have or not have weapons but for sure if they're attacked first the odds are high that China and Russia will choose their side. Do we really want to open that can of worms?


One thing I feel quite confident of: Iran won't be the one attacking. They know very well that if they do that, it's them against the rest of the world. So while trying to be a tough guy may be a hobby of their president, it's just trying to impress the other parties involved. He knows very well that Iran is on its own if they'd attack first. If Iran has weapons (and we're not even sure of that) then it's most likely not going to be used unless they are attacked first, in which case they have the right to self-defend.


That brings us to the question: should Iran be trusted with nukes?
OF COURSE.

Look, I'm a pacifist. If there were a way to take all nuclear weapons away then I'd do it immediately. The damage they can do is so big that no nation should have them.

Unfortunately that's a utopic thought. The US has them, Israel has them, North Korea and Iran may have them... So while i am against the existance or use of these weapons, the honesty tells that if the USA and Israel are allowed to have them, they are in no position whatsoever to tell other countries they cannot have those same weapons. I dislike the regime in Iran and I very much disagree with the dictatorship in North Korea. But in the end, if you're possibly going to be attacked, one thing you cannot blame these regimes for is that they wish to self-defend. I don't trust Kim Jung-il or Ahmedinejad with such weapons, but neither do I trust Netanyahu or Obama with them. In an ideal world, nuclear weapons would not exist. But if they do exist, then one nation being allowed to develop them is in no position to tell another nation they're forbidden to do the same (even if that other nation happens to be Iran or North Korea)



I would like to add another question. Who is the biggest threat with those weapons, assuming that they'd all have them?

Well, let's look at this statistically: North Korea invaded 1 country and has refrained from doing it again the last 60 years. Iran never invaded another country. Israel currently occupies parts of other countries (but OK, this started in a self-defense action), the US has invaded so many other countries for totally void reasons that I've lost track. So pardon me for saying that of all nations especially the US has no right to tell other countries what type of weapons they'd have until the day the US dismantles its own nuclear program.

Oh, and by the way, it's about time the US maybe solves its own problems first and stops interfering with internal affairs of other countries who never asked their opinion in the first place. The games they're playing with South Korea are extremely dangerous as well, North Korea is so sealed off of the outside world that nobody knows what exactly is happening in there. Attacking without knowing what exactly you attack isn't really smart ... Hopefully the US thinks twice before acting, and hopefully the UN can calm them down a bit. Remember Iraq, where we still await for the first proof of mass destruction weapons.

Ideally nukes simply don't exist. Unfortunately they do. If one country can have them, they're in no position to forbid another country to have them. And I'm quite sure if there will be fights (which I hope there won't) it won't be Iran to attack first, because they know they are alone against the world if they'd risk that.

My thoughts really. :O
 
1
•••
I say No and No.

If Iran points, even acts like they are going to point any thing at Israel, The USA will be back at war.

I just don't see it happening truthfully.
 
1
•••
response to NN

It's gotta be tonight if they're going for it .....





Hey Cherry .... You can get a political as you want in this thread! I think all the players in this thread are big boys and girls and respect your rights. And those that aren't can get the fuck out. Say what you like. I am .....:o

It's gotta be tonight if they're going for it .....


Hey NN i know, i just remember things from the past when it comes to political stuff lol and quite frankly i sorta agree with the boards policy since there is no "quick fix" to all the political issues, let it be left or right wing and a political debate on a domain name forum is maybe just wrong :)

Cheers

Liquid
 
0
•••
Hey Cherry .... You can get a political as you want in this thread! I think all the players in this thread are big boys and girls and respect your rights. And those that aren't can get the fuck out. Say what you like. I am .....:o

Unless you want to support building a Mosque in Manhattan, apparently.

Alright... so in how many ways can we begin to count the contradictions of the elected officials?

US to sell Saudi Arabia arms worth $60bn in biggest deal

Bush reaffirms support for Musharraf as Pakistani dictator intensifies military repression

Don't get caught up in politics of propaganda and perception - thats what they rely on
 
1
•••
People can bitch and moan all they want. I didn't vote for Obama.

Alright... so in how many ways can we begin to count the contradictions of the elected officials?
 
0
•••
People can bitch and moan all they want. I didn't vote for Obama.

For that type of response you should have quoted:

Don't get caught up in politics of propaganda and perception - thats what they rely on
 
0
•••
MM, i love you for that post!!!

Why do you think someone would hate you for this posting [headshake]

:hearts::gl:
Cheers

Liquid

P.S: a lot of Iranians i know hate actually "ach ma djing didad"...of course they are here in the states, if they wouldn't they would be dead by now(remember just a bit over a year ago?)

So Gerrit, you are basically saying a government what kills their own people in a heartbeat(n.korea, iran) is allowed to have nukes, heck if they don't care about their own people what do you think about them carrying about other countries?? [headshake again]


First of all, Ahmadinejad doesn't randomly kill his own people. Several people I know have been in Iran several times and said it's perfectly safe. Unless you decide to form political opposition, but the average citizen is clever enough not to do that. This by no means means I defend the nut who's in power, but to say he just randomly kills citizens is still exagerated.



To answer your question: I believe that countries where human right violations are common practice should be tried to force from the outside to change their ways, not by military interactions. You can hit a country and force them to change their ways (or at least try) by economical sanctions, embargo's, ... Everything's better than military action.

Because, and this is what I was saying: who is gonna determine when a country should be attacked? In my opinion, internal affairs remain internal affairs. I can dislike my neighbour's lifestyle and openly criticise him for it, but this gives me no permission to just invade his house and enforce what I believe is right on him. The USA, EU and in fact the entire rest of the world, have no business with internal (note "internal") ongoings in Iran. When countries think they can just invade another country that didn't provocate or threaten them first, then basically we create an international anarchy. Unless Iran first invades Israel (which they won't), Israel simply doesn't have the right to invade Iran. They can try to sanction them economically for their human right violations, but as long as Iranian laws don't have any effect on Israeli citizens, then it's not Israel's business what happens in Iran.

Same goes for North Korea. So far there is no proof that South Korea would be in extreme danger, so South Korea has no business with what is happening inside North Korea. If you however provocate based on assumptions (!) of what your "enemy" may do, then in fact you're the provocator and not that "enemy". In that case, the North Korean government has the duty to defend its citizens.



This isn't rocket science, nor do I approve of what happens in these countries. But a simple rule: if it's an internal affair, then other countries should not interfere. And if they do, they're actually the ones being aggressive, and the country being attacked (regardless of their human rights record, as that's a totally different issue) has the right to defend itself. This doesn't mean we should close our eyes on human right violations, but just opting for military interventions isn't the solution.



And last but not least, do I trust Iran or North Korea with nukes? NO.
Do I trust Israel or the USA with nukes? Again, NO.

I am against nukes, nobody should have them. Until the US dismantles its own arsenal of weapons first, they have no rights to tell another country they cannot have nukes. First clean before your own door, only then you can criticise others.

And let's be honest here (this is not intended as any disrespect to the American citizens, only to its leaders): the US' human rights record is quite bad as well. If it is, of all nations, the US who is attacking other countries on human rights issues, then this is a terrible case of the pot and the kettle. Abolish capital punishment first, close Guantanamo Bay, get all troops out of other countries, ... and then maybe we can talk. Until that point, the USA should worry about its own human rights record first before looking elsewhere.

Also, the whole western world are downward hypocrites when it comes to this. Iran and Iraq are the bad guys, but the human rights record of Saudi Arabia is much much worse. Nobody cares because the Saudi regime supplies the West with oil. So the West happily looks the other side, ignoring that the country has much worse human rights violations than the countries that have been invaded.

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

People can bitch and moan all they want. I didn't vote for Obama.

I saw Obama live during one of his speeches in Europe :)

Well, when he got elected I was very enthousiast. Especially since he kept some initial promises such as ordering the closing of Guantanamo, reversing the law forbidding stem cell research, healthcare accessible for all Americans, ...

By now, a 1.5 years after he started as president, my enthousiasm is gone but also not totally replaced by disappointment. I'd still vote Obama (or any Democrat) above a Republican per default. And Obama's a man of good intentions, he's proven that so often. Where I maybe was naive is to think he'd go against the will of the big multinationals who control the media and who fund election campaigns. I have the impression Obama really has the intention to make his promises become reality, but that often he finds himself tied and restricted in his movements.

Fact is Guantanamo Bay is not completely closed yet, the death penalty is still used, there are still troops in Afghanistan, there are threats of invading other countries (again without a proof of dangerous arsenals of weapons, ...) so right now I would classify the US also as a country not to be trusted with nukes. Coming to think about it, it's quite hard to say which country I'd trust with nukes, I'd rather have those weapons not existing at all. But for sure Israel and the States should not have them, just like North Korea and Iran shouldn't. The human rights records of these countries is worrying (except for Israel under the condition only that the occupied territories are a separate entity ; when calculating those in, the human rights record of Israel becomes less pleasant to read as well)

It's a pity that in the US the media has such an influence on elections, and meanwhile paying attention only on the Republican and Democrat candidates. While often third party candidates have a quite good agenda. The US elections are maybe not run but definitely heavily influenced by big corporations and media, which is worrying because this means those have a lot of political power even once a new president has taken office. Even the biggest pacifist can get elected and then forced to moderate his views when the companies who backed him during the campaign don't agree ...
 
0
•••
He campaigned with "Yes we can!" but it turned into "We might... it's possible... let me do some thinking..." pretty quick.

Well, when he got elected I was very enthousiast. Especially since he kept some initial promises such as ordering the closing of Guantanamo, reversing the law forbidding stem cell research, healthcare accessible for all Americans, ...

By now, a 1.5 years after he started as president, my enthousiasm is gone but also not totally replaced by disappointment. I'd still vote Obama (or any Democrat) above a Republican per default. And Obama's a man of good intentions, he's proven that so often. Where I maybe was naive is to think he'd go against the will of the big multinationals who control the media and who fund election campaigns. I have the impression Obama really has the intention to make his promises become reality, but that often he finds himself tied and restricted in his movements.

Fact is Guantanamo Bay is not completely closed yet, the death penalty is still used, there are still troops in Afghanistan, there are threats of invading other countries (again without a proof of dangerous arsenals of weapons, ...) so right now I would classify the US also as a country not to be trusted with nukes. Coming to think about it, it's quite hard to say which country I'd trust with nukes, I'd rather have those weapons not existing at all. But for sure Israel and the States should not have them, just like North Korea and Iran shouldn't. The human rights records of these countries is worrying (except for Israel under the condition only that the occupied territories are a separate entity ; when calculating those in, the human rights record of Israel becomes less pleasant to read as well)

It's a pity that in the US the media has such an influence on elections, and meanwhile paying attention only on the Republican and Democrat candidates. While often third party candidates have a quite good agenda. The US elections are maybe not run but definitely heavily influenced by big corporations and media, which is worrying because this means those have a lot of political power even once a new president has taken office. Even the biggest pacifist can get elected and then forced to moderate his views when the companies who backed him during the campaign don't agree ...
 
0
•••
I think mainly the big corporations and media that sponsored and promoted him now tie his hands together and block him with decision-making. If Obama had all freedom he wanted I'm quite sure the world would be very thankful, but he is experiencing more and more that he cannot just bypass the multinationals and their money. This is what I dislike about capitalism and especially when politics and capitalism come together. The US' elections are unfair to begin with because only the Republicans and Democrats have the backing of big corporations and media, third party candidates don't stand a chance even when the likes of Ron Paul or Ralph Nader had some pretty good points. But third party doesn't even get the chance to make its voice heard. Democracy? A bubble that will burst someday when people realise how fake it all is. And it's the same in my native country ; people like to whine about how civilised and democratic we are but for one the party I'd vote for never ever gets invited into political debates on TV because the media doesn't like them. True democracy rarely exists ; and that said I'm not sure if it should exist anyway.

But to come back to the original question: I still think Obama did some good things. Healthcare for all, reversing some of Bush's restrictions, the intention to close Guantanamo prison (although I wonder why it takes so long) ... Sure, it'd be even better if he'd abolish the death penalty as well and lifts those silly embargos on for example Cuba, but he did do some great things already. However, if he starts another war (regardless in which part of the world) I'll be terribly disappointed in him. The world doesn't need another war ; and that's why I don't trust any nation with nukes. I don't trust Iran or North Korea with any weapons, but I also don't trust the US government or any European country with those weapons. I thought Obama would put pacifism very high on the priority list, so if he does start another war then I will be extremely disappointed in him.
 
0
•••
In a nut shell gang .... the question is should one country, Israel,
preemptivly attack another country, Iran, that openly states it
wants to destroy that country?

Do you let your mortal enemy arm up to try and destroy you?

You are all making good points. No one is wrong here. We are all
right in our beliefs. Those are heart and mind felt thoughts. They
are yours and you own them so share them.

Do not attack each other here but rather include me and others in
your opinion. Let us all have the right to speak our hearts and
minds. And let the rest of us hear them.

I firmly believe the lack of patience and tolerance has us here. I also
see us as the new generation of governors, patriots, Shepperds and
statesmen to our respective homelands. The old generation of life
time politicians is over. So should our partisan schools of thought

That being said I would not allow my people to be placed in direct peril
to a crazed maniac bent on my destruction. D-:

PS
Thank you all for showing a level of control and maturity in this
thread. Namepros members are capable of controversial discussion.


NN
 
0
•••
"In a nut shell gang .... the question is should one country, Israel,
preemptivly attack another country, Iran, that openly states it
wants to destroy that country?

Do you let your mortal enemy arm up to try and destroy you?"

It's all just talk and posturing. North Korea has them because South Korea has them, U.S. nukes. It that kim dude crazy possibly but probably not, it's probably just propaganda on our part. If we really felt he was a threat, he would have been handled already. They just want $$$$/aid. He is an educated man, even tho I disagree with his politics and don't think much of him. If the guy was really crazy, he would have done something by now. He hasn't, he won't. I think the last time nukes were used on another country was 65 years ago -

"In the history of warfare, only two nuclear weapons have been detonated offensively, both near the end of World War II. The first was detonated on the morning of 6 August 1945, when the United States dropped a uranium gun-type device code-named "Little Boy" on the Japanese city of Hiroshima."

Nuclear weapon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A lot of these leaders in other countries, even get their education here in the U.S., go back to their country and talk smack, because it's what's expected, that's just the game. Just politics.
 
0
•••
Iran publicly states it wants to destroy Israel... Some PS'es are needed here (and here I speak from experience in dealing with Iranian citizens and people who have Iranian heritage that I met):

1) lot of Iranians don't have a single issue with Israel and its people. The government claims to speak on behalf of its people when they say they want to destroy Israel. The truth is that a lot of Iranians have no issue with Israel and that the government in reality mainly speaks for themselves. (of course there are Iranian citizens who feel the same way, obviously. But it's not like every Iranian hates Israel, there's also a big group who really don't mind Israel's existance but who obviously are afraid to openly speak out for it)

2) even if the government of Iran wants to destroy israel, they're making propaganda talk. Ahmedinejad is not that crazy to really attack Israel. Israel is powerful and has powerful friends. Iran has friends but will lose them quite rapidly if they are the first one starting a war. In that case they attack first it's really Iran against the world and their president is more than clever enough that would be signing a death certificate. So what he does is mainly provocating. But attacking Israel first? No chance, because he knows the few countries still backing Iran will then also cease supporting them. Iran simply can't afford attacking Israel even if they'd want to ; so all their president can do is provocating a bit.
In a way I'm more worried about the States having nukes than about Iran having them. Iran won't use them but for self-defense, because they know the rest of the world is against them if they'd attack any other nation. The US has already often enough invaded countries without a valid reason, whereas Iran know they are in a position that doesn't leave the option of starting a war themselves. In other words: even if they'd have nukes, they know they cannot afford to use them unless they're attacked first.
 
0
•••
Nuke Bomb ---> Iran ---> Terrorist group ---> GO BOOM!

I"m struck by the lack of concern that Iran would give the weapon to radical terrorist groups.


NN
 
0
•••
While that possibility exists, this is and remains just an assumption. So no valid reason to attack Iran. Otherwise any country could invade any other country based on assumptions that they may give arms to terrorist groups. It's like the "innocent until proven guilty" principle: until there's concrete proof of such transactions, the fear Iran could possibly do that, is no justification of an attack against Iran. Otherwise other countries could just as well attack Israel out of fear they may some day attack the Gaza strip again. If we start to attack countries who have yet to attack someone else themselves, then there'd be total chaos. Until there is a clear proof Iran would be giving terrorist groups arms, the only right attitude is to believe Iran isn't going to do that and consider them innocent until the opposite is proven (note "proven" ; not assuming like the ideas that lead to the war in Iraq, then to conclude those huge weapon arsenals didn't even exist at all..)
 
0
•••
Quick question: Do we REALLY need a valid reason? We all know how Iran is and what they're capable of. The facts speak for themselves & make a god enough reason to drop a mini-A on 'em.

So no valid reason to attack Iran.
 
0
•••
In all honesty the same can be said of your country (and this is nothing against you personally nor against any other American) or Israel. The US has invaded more countries than any other nation on earth, sometimes leaving behind a chaos much worse than before the invasion and often ignoring UN rules and thus making the invasion illegal (Iraq was a good example). So if you think Iran is suspicious, I'd say we can list at least another 10 countries that are equally dangerous with weapon arsenals, the US and Israel being on that list. Nothing against the people of these countries (I'd love to move to Israel because it's such a beautiful place - when ignoring politics) ; we're talking only about the governments of these countries. I wouldn't trust Netanyahu and whoever is in charge of the US Army more than I trust Ahmedinejad. In other words: I don't trust any of these folks at all. But, as long as no bomb has dropped, there is no reason for invasions. If we all start invading potentially dangerous countries that however have done nothing but verbal provocations yet, then there'd be total chaos in no time. Then North Korea (backed by China) can bomb South Korea based on potentially harmful intentions of the southerners, the IRA could get weapons again and drop some bombs based on the assumption that the Brits may someday do the same, Pakistan could drop some bombs on India just to be sure that they're not the ones being attacked first .... We'd end up with total anarchy.

Conclusion: if any military action can be avoided, we should do so. No country should have nukes, and as long as that's an utopic idea, no country should use them. And the less countries interfere with other countries' internal affairs, the better. If there is peace, keep it that way ... No need to fix something that isn't even broken yet.
 
0
•••
Gerrit, sorry you are factually wrong by saying the USA has invaded more countries than any other in history, this is a nonsense. My own country, the UK is way ahead of the USA, but so to is France, Persia (now Iran), Egypt, Greece, Russia, Mongolia, Italy (think Rome), Turk/Ottoman Empire, etc., etc., etc.! This notion that the USA has 'invaded' more contries is a modern urban myth.

Just thought I would point that out.

Of course the question as set by the OP should also lead onto another question especially for those who think that Israel (or anybody else) should not use a pre-emptive strike to disable Irans aims to acquire a nuclear device. The follow up question should be asked 'If Iran, or an Iranian supplied agency, did launch a nuclear attack on Israel then what should the repercussions be for for Iran? Do people think that such an attack should lead to a massive and total destruction of Iran? Now there is food for argument.

Now I will let you all continue with the debate at hand.
 
0
•••
Quick question: Do we REALLY need a valid reason? We all know how Iran is and what they're capable of. The facts speak for themselves & make a god enough reason to drop a mini-A on 'em.
ANYBODY that even considers the idea of a Nuclear strike on any country or group is INSANE.

That would be worse than any other terrorist act committed in the history of MAN.

Americans often wonder why various groups and countries HATE them. No need to look any further that that type of Stupid Statement.

Randy, I have often agreed and supported your stance on various issues, but on this NO one should support that idea.

America calls itself a "Christian" country, yet most Americans not know the first thing about the teachings of Christ. Number 1 = LOVE thy Neighbor.
Tolerance, acceptance, forgiveness, understanding.

BTW Christ lived in the "Middle East" not Downtown USA. He was not a White Anglo-Saxon, but a dark skinned person of Semitic Ethnic origin. SHOCK HORROR, he looked just like all those other people that live there that get called offensive names by ignorant PEOPLE.
 
Last edited:
1
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back