IT.COM

WhyPark

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
We lost our popular discussion thread about WhyPark. It was deleted by forum software when the thread starter's account was deleted (at his request). Sorry about that everyone.

This is a new thread being established to talk about WhyPark.

RJ

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just a little advice need on this name please, I have had it at Whypark for around 3 weeks.

DubaiJobs.ae
Visitors 92
Pageviews 212
Searches 109
Clicks 48

these are the stats, are these average, all my other names are getting next to nothing

Is there anything I can do to monetize this name even more?? I am on the free plan at Whypark, should I move to a paid plan??

Thanks

•••
Giles, i think you need to do some sums as to how much the clicks make versus the paid whypark option. Im not realy sure to tell you the truth. Are you using adsense ATM or Whypark feed?

•••
I park because I'm lazy and slow at making websites. Sedo is not going to buy my big yacht but have paid for a few cases of beer.

:hehe:

•••
I have just purchased a domain at an obscure registry in an obscure extension. When redirecting the name servers i am required to add the ip addresses and the name servers.

Hence i have added NS1 and NS2 whypark, but i also need the two matching IP addresses. Dose any body know what these would be please?

•••
Not happy with WhyPark.

1 Cent per Click

•••
I have just purchased a domain at an obscure registry in an obscure extension. When redirecting the name servers i am required to add the ip addresses and the name servers.

Hence i have added NS1 and NS2 whypark, but i also need the two matching IP addresses. Dose any body know what these would be please?

Try:
KLOTH.NET - DIG - DNS lookup - find IP address

•••
Not happy with WhyPark.

1 Cent per Click

The only time domains of mine get 1 cent clicks are when those domains have been banned/blocked by Yahoo and therefore don't get the premium Yahoo feed. This is usually because of Trademark and quality issues (their idea of quality - not mine, multiple hyphens and/or cctlds). My other domains on Whypark earn $0.25, $.50, $1.00 or more per click. All this on domains that do not have natural type-in traffic. My only problem is that I need the time to move over and customize more domains. I am still pleased with Whypark. Perhaps you need to look at he domains you are hosting at WP.

Alan

•••
Does anyone know if there is any substantial difference in content, traffic and revenue based on what subscription tier you are on at whyp. I started with the free for several months and moved to the managed tier for a few months. I just let it lapse back to the free level and was curious if anyone had any experience with this...........any thoughts welcome.

•••
OK, cheers, my ip issue was fixed by Kelly at WhyPark.

•••
Does anyone know if there is any substantial difference in content, traffic and revenue based on what subscription tier you are on at whyp. I started with the free for several months and moved to the managed tier for a few months. I just let it lapse back to the free level and was curious if anyone had any experience with this...........any thoughts welcome.

Would be interested to hear the answers to this, too. Especially, do the managed features seem to help with indexing/ranking with google and bing ?

•••

I have not completed a scientific study, but I can share my experiences and reasons for choosing the $10/month "Enhanced" plan.

First and foremost for me was the ability to customize the layouts so that they looked less like parked sites or MFA sites. I like changing the layout design, colors, and using my own images. Additionally, I like the ability to use my Adsense if I so choose, add a You Tube Video if I want, add an RSS feed, and add affiliate banners to my pages. This site, Compact Digital Video illustrates how I have used most of these options to make a more attractive (at least to me) page.

While I don't have hard numbers to back up my claims, I personally believe that when a visitor visits one of my pages, they are more apt to click an ad or a related site just because the site looks less "spammy". As I have said before, I am only using domains on WP that have no natural type-in traffic and perform poorly as traditional parked sites. I attribute everything they earn to WP, and they are earning significantly more than the $10/month I am paying.

Once again, my only regret is that I don't have more time to transfer over and customize more domains. I currently only have about 60 domains set up, but with time, could very easily have 200 or more. All for the same $10/month. To me, as long as they are earning back the fee, I think it is a bargain.

•••
Thanks AW........that was just the input I was looking for....btw I am impressed with your improvements and changes to whyp templates. Almost wouldn't have recognized them without being told. Nice Work!

•••
I have not completed a scientific study, but I can share my experiences and reasons for choosing the $10/month "Enhanced" plan.

First and foremost for me was the ability to customize the layouts so that they looked less like parked sites or MFA sites. I like changing the layout design, colors, and using my own images. Additionally, I like the ability to use my Adsense if I so choose, add a You Tube Video if I want, add an RSS feed, and add affiliate banners to my pages. This site, Compact Digital Video illustrates how I have used most of these options to make a more attractive (at least to me) page.

While I don't have hard numbers to back up my claims, I personally believe that when a visitor visits one of my pages, they are more apt to click an ad or a related site just because the site looks less "spammy". As I have said before, I am only using domains on WP that have no natural type-in traffic and perform poorly as traditional parked sites. I attribute everything they earn to WP, and they are earning significantly more than the $10/month I am paying.

Once again, my only regret is that I don't have more time to transfer over and customize more domains. I currently only have about 60 domains set up, but with time, could very easily have 200 or more. All for the same $10/month. To me, as long as they are earning back the fee, I think it is a bargain.

BTW, what kind of affiliate program are you using for your website with your yahoo feed. Which ones work best.

Best,
TP

•••
Wow noone has much to say about whypark lately.
I used to have a paid account at whypark but did not like the comments crap at the bottom of each page.If i had option of this feature would be better but that is where my ads are located and if you scroll down the page is always comments the last thing you see.
Whypark can have you a nice site up and running quickly for free,they have enough free templates to keep me satisfied.
I had a few 80cent clicks but make nothing off of the pages i do have parked with there ads.
In categories to pick a category nothing there for energy domains,solar or power of any kind.
Putting content from whypark on your site is way better than have an unindexed parked page.

Last edited:
•••
Two quick questions :)

Is it possible to remove "Develop Your Domain Names" link from the site if you are NOT on the paid account?

Is it possible to add "Contact us" page if you are NOT on the paid account?

Thank You

•••
Two quick questions :)

Is it possible to remove "Develop Your Domain Names" link from the site if you are NOT on the paid account?

Is it possible to add "Contact us" page if you are NOT on the paid account?

Thank You

No and No. You must have a paid account to modify the layout. However, I you show the site as for sale, the for sale link acts as a "contact us" link.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

Wow noone has much to say about whypark lately.
I used to have a paid account at whypark but did not like the comments crap at the bottom of each page.If i had option of this feature would be better but that is where my ads are located and if you scroll down the page is always comments the last thing you see.
Whypark can have you a nice site up and running quickly for free,they have enough free templates to keep me satisfied.
I had a few 80cent clicks but make nothing off of the pages i do have parked with there ads.
In categories to pick a category nothing there for energy domains,solar or power of any kind.
Putting content from whypark on your site is way better than have an unindexed parked page.

All of the Whypark and Parked.com talk is now on their own forum.

December is turning out to be my best this year on Whypark. :tu:

•••
I have been on the forum but nothing happens IMO, OK, you get a response occasionally by WP staff, but apart from that nothing goes on, at least here you can speak your mind without any conflicted interests.

•••
I started playing around in my whypark account,someone mentioned the bulk actions tool.So now i find out i didnt have to copy and paste my top and bottom ad code from one site to the other.do it all with one click.I only did a hundred or so.I see 2 websites I have owned for 9 months which just had standard netfirms parked page,last week I moved it to whypark and 25 pages are indexed,thats pretty good for free...I see an article on my wheels site that is from this week.Getting better,hate going to a wine site and reading an article from feb 2008,so is someone going to now tell me that if i am on the managed paying plan there that i would somehow be able to go into change layout and remove the comments at the bottom of each article?I'd switch then,but i dont like that.
And in Categories there is nothing for energy,solar,wind power,renewable resources,they should tweek the categories up,and these two sites are identical in all the information at whypark,yet one still has the sunflowers.
Site 1 and site 2 both exact same description keywords...
I do like whypark if it went down today i would be lost and every domain i sell i tell people to try whypark.Oh ya i was reading,i never could use an email adresse when dns is whypark and now i see you change the a record not dns and you can have email account where it is reg'd that turned me on.

•••
so is someone going to now tell me that if i am on the managed paying plan there that i would somehow be able to go into change layout and remove the comments at the bottom of each article?I'd switch then,but i dont like that.

You can't change that on the managed plan or the free plan. While I don't like it either, I can't say that it has diminished my clicks.

And in Categories there is nothing for energy,solar,wind power,renewable resources,they should tweek the categories up,and these two sites are identical in all the information at whypark,yet one still has the sunflowers.
Site 1 and site 2 both exact same description keywords...

I upload my own pictures for categories that they don't have.

I believe that the pictures on the sites are also determined by the "Site Category" chosen on the "Site Settings" page. I have found that when I bulk add similar sites they still are given differing "Site Categories". Make those the same and your images should be the same.

Alan

•••
I have found that if a picture is inappropriate, WP will change it for you, ask kelly on live chat, that may work.

•••
Is there a way to change the font and color of the custome page, for how it looks on your home page?

•••
Getting very low cost per click...specifically $0.01 clicks at Whypark.

The same domain parked elsewhere gets $1-2 per click....And not just that one but another one I have on there. Would have made $3-4 by now...at Whypark it is half of a dollar after many months....

I just parked a domain name (getting traffic) to try to nudge the rev over the $20 payout, but it looks like my experiment will be ending really soon....without much joy. And I'll be stuck there <few dollars shy of $20> for a long, long, long time.....:zzz:

Can't say I am impressed with Whypark at all. Unless you want to chance your Adsense or YPN code on Whypark, I don't think the payout per click is attractive at all. :|

If Whypark can consolidate payments with Parked (seeing that both are under the same company), that would be great. I would think I'm not the only one who wants consolidated payments.

Last edited:
•••
I got one theme finalised. 02h

Going to get a few more made.

If anyone needs help, let me know, cheers!

•••
Alan,I can see why you have good clicks with nice sites like that.
I am going to have to learn to utilize what whyark has to offer.Autoinsurancequotes has a picture unrelated to your website,is that by design?

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Well i am switching back to enhanced..Why you ask,great question,i wont leave you in suspense any longer
Bookmark feature,I can bookmark all my sites way faster and pay people to do it with greater ease.
Upload my own photos,very important,
I can learn some programming crap like the html ans css stuff,I know i should go back to school and get my grade 10,later
Some people have dome sone great editing with their sites
Can always switch back at months end,if i want
I am also going to display whypark ads on some sites i never did like the way the related searches were worded,maybe somebody here should do a video about how they optimize there settings,help us less mentally fortunate out.make some money,so off i go to upgrade would rather use paypal than my credit card but dont have that option.
Happy Holidays,eh

•••
Alan,I can see why you have good clicks with nice sites like that.
I am going to have to learn to utilize what whyark has to offer.Autoinsurancequotes has a picture unrelated to your website,is that by design?

I can't for the life of me figure out how that accupuncture image got on the site. Thanks for the heads up. That is one in which the image was automatically set by WP. Just last week it had a correct picture. I have now hard-coded it so it won't change again.

Well i am switching back to enhanced..Why you ask,great question,i wont leave you in suspense any longer. Bookmark feature,I can bookmark all my sites way faster and pay people to do it with greater ease. Upload my own photos,very important,
I can learn some programming crap like the html ans css stuff,I know i should go back to school and get my grade 10,later. Some people have dome sone great editing with their sites. Can always switch back at months end,if i want. I am also going to display whypark ads on some sites i never did like the way the related searches were worded,maybe somebody here should do a video about how they optimize there settings,help us less mentally fortunate out.make some money,so off i go to upgrade would rather use paypal than my credit card but dont have that option.
Happy Holidays,eh

MOMD, I personally think you are making a wise choice. $10 per month is a small price to have the flexibility you mention above. I hace been on the enhanced plan since the beginning. Each month, my earnings have increased. Now if I just had the time to move my other under-performing domains over...

Alan

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back