IT.COM

Whypark / AdSense dilemma

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I recently signed up with Whypark and had 32 domains enrolled. I get this email from google a few days ago....

Hello Jerry W Thomas,

While going through our records recently, we found that your AdSense
account has posed a significant risk to our AdWords advertisers. Since
keeping your account in our publisher network may financially damage
our advertisers in the future, we've decided to disable your account.

Please understand that we consider this a necessary step to protect the
interests of both our advertisers and our other AdSense publishers. We
realize the inconvenience this may cause you, and we thank you in
advance for your understanding and cooperation.

I'm an old man and don't play childish games or tell lies. I have never posted any of these names anywhere, discussed them with anyone or ever clicked on one myself....Never. You can believe that or choose not to.

I don't know what happened. I remember checking my AdSense account and last week I noticed about 200 to 400 clicks a day starting to happen with no earnings. Then i get that email disabling my account. That is all I know.

Can y'all figure out why these clicks happened??

I can't contact Google because I have no clue which domain or domains caused the problem. I did not insert any stat codes either to help me figure it out.

These Whypark sites are the only places I have used AdSense.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
While i don't have a whypark account myself, the same thing happened to me on one of my sites. i have a little adsence gagdet in the vista sidebar that updates every 15-20 minutes, after adsense clicked over to a new day, the stats updated 0/0 (clicks / impressions) then the next update it was 50/2, pretty seriously, i'm starting to wonder if someone is trying to do massive clicks on alot of sites, to hide other activity or something similar. you never know.

Also possibley, mabye whypark has a few servers that run their sites, and google/adsense has blocked one of their servers/server ip's from serving ads ?

•••
I just recieved an e-mail response from WhyPark Support and this is what it says:

"We haven't heard anything from Google. We're trying to get some type of response, so we can determine what the issue is, but we're getting a lot of emails about it. We're working on getting our own feed, so we won't be dependant on individual AdSense accounts having this problem. What's unique is that they don't seem to be banned. Usually, if a site or account is banned, you'll see a "page cannot be found" error in the AdSense spot. Plus, you usually get an email from AdSense telling you why. I haven't heard of anyone getting an email yet. Clearly something is going on though, so we're working on finding out what the issue is, and also getting other arrangements in place to quickly replace AdSense if needed."

I have NOT had any e-mail from Google!

GIL :)

•••
I'm wondering if the same thing that is happening to Imodo might not be happening to WhyPark - it would make some amount of sense if it's a policy change. Here's the posting that Badger made this morning about Imodo - It (actually 1Plus) worked on the same general principle as WhyPark, in that the account owner plugged in his or her own AdSense code:

** IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR OUR LEGACY / GOOGLE ADSENSE USERS **

We have been informed by Google Adsense that they no longer give their unconditional blessing to us serving members adsense code on our legacy templates. We have asked for clarification as to what "exactly" this means and they have replied by saying "each adsense affiliate is assessed on a case by case basis". This is in contrast to their previous stance which gave us written permission for their ads to be displayed on our platform. We therefore strongly advise all legacy members who use Google Adsense on our platform to either seek an assurance from Google that they are individually allowed to use their code at iMODO or to remove the Adsense code from their iMODO account. 1plus.net / iMODO.com will not be held liable in any regard for any loss or damage suffered as a result of Adsense terminating a members account and you use Google Adsense at your own risk.

•••
netmeg said:
I'm wondering if the same thing that is happening to Imodo might not be happening to WhyPark - it would make some amount of sense if it's a policy change. Here's the posting that Badger made this morning about Imodo - It (actually 1Plus) worked on the same general principle as WhyPark, in that the account owner plugged in his or her own AdSense code:

** IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR OUR LEGACY / GOOGLE ADSENSE USERS **

We have been informed by Google Adsense that they no longer give their unconditional blessing to us serving members adsense code on our legacy templates. We have asked for clarification as to what "exactly" this means and they have replied by saying "each adsense affiliate is assessed on a case by case basis". This is in contrast to their previous stance which gave us written permission for their ads to be displayed on our platform. We therefore strongly advise all legacy members who use Google Adsense on our platform to either seek an assurance from Google that they are individually allowed to use their code at iMODO or to remove the Adsense code from their iMODO account. 1plus.net / iMODO.com will not be held liable in any regard for any loss or damage suffered as a result of Adsense terminating a members account and you use Google Adsense at your own risk.

Wow.... Google never fails to surprise and shock.

•••
i have bout 30

not showing..usually if they don't like something you start to see public service ads.these are just nothing showing....also they are not showing the alternate ads at least for me.probably next they deindex your site.i figure that is coming next at whypark.it has happened at other parking companies.once they got the place figured as spam shop... .it's downhill from there.that place has been pretty google friendly so far but with all the duplicate articles maybe they are pulling plug

•••
I had four sites there, and all but one were showing ads, but I figured I'd take 'em all down till it settles out, just to be safe.

•••
I have just checked my landing pages at EVOlanding. Not a single AdSense ad!

At least, they don't use my AdSense account!

•••
This is NOT a whypark problem.

Go ahead and change your nameservers, your sites are "banned"

I have around 50 sites at whypark and all ads with revenue disappeared, those without revenue are still active.

Craig from Whypark is trying to contact google, I hope that he can convince them so that we can get our sites unbanned..

•••
dedekind said:
I have just checked my landing pages at EVOlanding. Not a single AdSense ad!

At least, they don't use my AdSense account!

EvoLanding sites are now showing YPN, instead of AdSense.

•••
sOliver said:
This is NOT a whypark problem.

Go ahead and change your nameservers, your sites are "banned"

I have around 50 sites at whypark and all ads with revenue disappeared, those without revenue are still active.

Craig from Whypark is trying to contact google, I hope that he can convince them so that we can get our sites unbanned..

I moved some of my whyparked sites to Parked for safety.

Waiting for WP news

•••
I just checked my one evolanding page and it showing only yahoo adds.

Kinda ironic that domainers looking to provide a more content rich experience for their visitors, are now seemingly getting punished.

What's Google next move...remove ads from domain parking as well?? All this has to have you wondering.

•••
xxfireflyxx said:
I just checked my one evolanding page and it showing only yahoo adds.

Kinda ironic that domainers looking to provide a more content rich experience for their visitors, are now seemingly getting punished.

What's Google next move...remove ads from domain parking as well?? All this has to have you wondering.

Google stocks fell even further to below $500. They have to get their act together esp with a possible Microsoft - Yahoo merger. Looks like the giant finally has something to think about.

•••
So what might this lead to for the domainers out their in you learned opinion Varon?

•••
Anybody having ads not show up on their wordpress sites? Wondering if its associated with IP address or content. B/C I had an old legacy 1plus site still and the ads were showing this morning till I moved it, and most of my WP sites were still showing ads. Anyways, can't wait to see what this is all about. Obviously, financial concerns are at the root of this. Probably an effort to tighten the quality of their ad market.

Last edited:
•••
rexvnus said:
I moved some of my whyparked sites to Parked for safety.

Waiting for WP news

Even though all of my WhyPark sites were still showing AdSense ads, I decided to move them to Parked until this get sorted out. I realize that I'll most likely lose revenue but I don't want to take any chances of losing my account.

•••
AdSense is displaying just fine on all my developed sites.

•••
Adsense is displaying just fine here at namepros....

•••
netmeg said:
AdSense is displaying just fine on all my developed sites.

mine too

•••
What about those people using only their own content, are the adsense ads still showing? I imagine that this has to do with using the duplicate articles from WhyPark.

•••
GILSAN said:
What about those people using only their own content, are the adsense ads still showing? I imagine that this has to do with using the duplicate articles from WhyPark.

All of my whypark sites were showing ads (include only whypark content site and my content site). But I dont want to take risk with my adsense account. All of adsenses with whypark were shut down

•••
rexvnus said:
All of my whypark sites were showing ads (include only whypark content site and my content site). But I dont want to take risk with my adsense account. All of adsenses with whypark were shut down
Definately the safest thing to do at the moment!

•••
Google never did much care for duplicate content websites or those that are very similar in nature. It's always been against their terms of service - but they never really enforced it to a great degree. Could this be their first moves in enforcing what they have always stated? If people with duplicate content minisites start seeing this then it could just be.

•••
Google has probably been contemplating a move like this for a while. The reality is that with the possibility of competition they need to clean up what is a very manipulated search and ad network. While they risk losing a lot in the mini-site industry, they risk larger accounts due to the low level of quality sites appearing in their searches. It looks like the news of Yahoo-Microsoft and the under performance by the company may have forced them to clean up. As it is, the Yahoo Publishers Network requires quality sites with traffic for an account. I can imagine a move by G for that type of model. Looking at the post on the imodo thread, this is definitely a shift in policy.

•••
Am I wrong or do I remember reading in their TOS over a year ago that placing Adsense on "parking sites" is not allowed? I could be wrong, but Imodo, 1plus, Evolanding, Whypark, and all these mini-site-type sites are actually parking sites.

Also, they've been cleaning up on the whole mini-site thing starting about a year ago or so when they first started cracking down on MFA sites.

•••
Google needs to clear their heads of an inflated ego first. They are fast approaching ground zero. Today, most domainers don't even bother parking their names on a Google feed except in a few cases. These days, Yahoo is most definitely the #1 choice for domainers. Yahoo has been more flexible and hopefully a MSFT+Yahoo combo would be really hard for Google to digest.

Google first needs to scrap its Page Rank algorithm which actually spoilt the internet search results rather than improving it. I know they find it tough to mention that their brainchild has flopped, but they would do much better with a new, more sensible algorithm for ranking sites not based just on # of backlinks from other PR sites.

I think the pressure is building on Google to improve its next quarterly performance figures. They seem to be throwing out low converting publishers operating from MFA sites. Their goal seems to be a cleanup of the content network to once again renew & build advertiser confidence. Bigger advertisers had started turning off the content network due to lower converting traffic and many instances of fraud clicks.

However, with a clean content network, full of top publisher sites with a clean traffic history, Google can offer better traffic to its advertisers for lesser. This is keeping in mind that advertisers might reduce their spending budgets with an economic slowdown in 2008. If advertisers start opting for the content network, Google would once again see increased spending while the advertiser would get more converting traffic for lesser. Plus, Google now has to contend with lesser partner traffic from companies like Ask. A robust content network would help them fix the drop in traffic levels.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back