Dynadot

Whypark / AdSense dilemma

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I recently signed up with Whypark and had 32 domains enrolled. I get this email from google a few days ago....

Hello Jerry W Thomas,

While going through our records recently, we found that your AdSense
account has posed a significant risk to our AdWords advertisers. Since
keeping your account in our publisher network may financially damage
our advertisers in the future, we've decided to disable your account.

Please understand that we consider this a necessary step to protect the
interests of both our advertisers and our other AdSense publishers. We
realize the inconvenience this may cause you, and we thank you in
advance for your understanding and cooperation.

I'm an old man and don't play childish games or tell lies. I have never posted any of these names anywhere, discussed them with anyone or ever clicked on one myself....Never. You can believe that or choose not to.

I don't know what happened. I remember checking my AdSense account and last week I noticed about 200 to 400 clicks a day starting to happen with no earnings. Then i get that email disabling my account. That is all I know.

Can y'all figure out why these clicks happened??

I can't contact Google because I have no clue which domain or domains caused the problem. I did not insert any stat codes either to help me figure it out.

These Whypark sites are the only places I have used AdSense.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
maybe its time to refund

•••
nscdn said:
Did they ever have articles on them?
One never had any articles, the others had some at some point. Brian

•••
cfguru360 said:
Maybe if they block robots from Google and try to de-index their member sites from Google. This way Google doesn't ever crawl them and hence never blocks for duplicate content?

Although, it could be too late for that.

Imo, it is too late Matt. I'm really feeling sorry for both whypark and its members. I had converted one of my domains (www.domain-parking-monetizing.com) into a whypark review site almost a year back. I still get a lot of visitors to it from both the SE's and the 1600+ backlinks to it. Looking at the current situation, I can no longer urge anyone to sign up for WP, and will either park the domain or just sell it off. This is a sad moment. :(

Anyone interested in buying the domain, shoot me a pm...

Gosh, I just checked my clickbank account and some guy just signed up for whypark from my referral link on the site today. I need to refund the poor guy atleast the $45 commission which I got. :(

Last edited:
•••
well

this is certainly interesting [sickening puzzle]however there is some strange things.#1 My older whypark site have more % sites with ads missing.#2 whypark sites created since server move have high % still working.[I just happened to make a bunch of new since i was encouraged to use some of my open spots due to new features].This may or may not be clue.#3 has anyone else had to fix errors in there sites that appeared since move?.In my case about 7 sites are uneditable because the bottom of the control panel that is supposed to be outside of the "editing main page code";[where you save the layout]ended up inside the page layout html box.since the new server.......so the actual code for the drop down menu was reproduced as part of the page html. This means that those pages had 100 links to other whypark sites showing on the index page code[although not visible in the site].Obviously if you try to edit..no button to submit since it went into code box.Not good.not sure if spider sees stuff like that..talking about this stuff..code and all.....................................................................................................".Save this as a custom template
save as new custom template:
Use this layout on the selected domains
Select all domains"...........................................................................................................I figured out a way to get rid of it by cloning another whypark layout and pasting stuff i wanted to save from source code.Probably unrelated to problem with ads but with all the complaining i never heard anyone say this happened to them or maybe they didn't notice cause they have not try to edited since the move.Probably too busy shopping for new ad programs lol.

•••
I say forget adsense. I'm building my own adserver with opends on my godaddy hosting account, which will contain all my own affiliate link ads, both banners and text. It will take some time, but I think if I can dial it in, the payouts will be much better than stupid adsense.

•••
The sites I had at WhyPark never received much traffic anyway. Plus, the CTR was very low.

Now that I've switched all the DNS to Parked.com, I'm seeing 400% CTR!! I'm not kidding!

Only problem I see now is that my sites will most likely be de-listed soon because they are Parked. Oh well..... I'll take the added revenue while I can. In the meantime, I'll start installing WordPress on my server and experiment with a few sites. Wish me luck!

•••
NPKJB said:
The sites I had at WhyPark never received much traffic anyway. Plus, the CTR was very low.

Now that I've switched all the DNS to Parked.com, I'm seeing 400% CTR!! I'm not kidding!

Only problem I see now is that my sites will most likely be de-listed soon because they are Parked. Oh well..... I'll take the added revenue while I can. In the meantime, I'll start installing WordPress on my server and experiment with a few sites. Wish me luck!
Good luck NPKJB and do keep us informed on how you are doing. I may be interested in following a similar path to yours.

GIL :)

•••
NPKJB said:

Only problem I see now is that my sites will most likely be de-listed soon because they are Parked.

You can put custom content on a parked.com page. You just can't do as much, and you most likely won't be de-listed. I've fresh registered domains, parked them at parked, got them a single link and they now rank very well on google.

•••
If your site loses its indexed pages or is de-indexed (due to duplicate content I imagine), is this something serious like a ban, or can you easily salvage the domain with moving to wordpress and adding its original content.

I actually have a few of my sites that had several original articles that were mixed with WP feed that lost all their pages.

Is this something that needs to be rectified and then addressed with google for Re-inclusion?

•••
After I moved to Parked, the revenue is currently higher than Adsense, but I dont think it lasts long (that site got PR=5). I then tried to move back to WhyPark with Chitika.

Anyone has experience with Chitika?

Thanks

•••
I tried Chitika for about 30 seconds; I just hated the way their ads looked so I took them off right quick. That was a couple years ago, so maybe they're better now.

•••
netmeg said:
I tried Chitika for about 30 seconds; I just hated the way their ads looked so I took them off right quick. That was a couple years ago, so maybe they're better now.

I am trying Chitika's eMiniMalls. It has the review of the product, kinda nice looking, but I wonder about the revenue.

Thanks Netmeg

•••
I'm glad I listened to my gut feeling...

I almost signed up on three different occasions with whereispark and I'm glad I did not signup...

Something about that SIXTH sense when you listen to your gut feeling...

•••
I found a good place to park

I found a good place to park and you can add your own content also PM me if interested. Bob they pay well I think.

•••
wondered when you'd pop up poppo. Is domain embarking not suffering the same fate as 1plus/imodo/evolanding/whypark and alike. I'd find that hard to believe

•••
Being as Google are communist, What should we have expected. "Shrugs"

I have put Yahoo Pub on many of mine, There are a lot of contextual advertising options, besides adsense, Adbrite, Clicksor, ect and ect.

I don't regret signing up for WhyPark, I made my money back within one week with them, And a decent monthly pay check.

The answer is simple, Boycott Google and their Commie ways, No one will do it i know, Perhaps when they completely shut every one down from making revenue, Then people will be willing to Boycott, It will be to late then, But the day will come when you, In no way shape or form, will be able to use Google to run Arbitrage, It is coming, just wait and see.

•••
well we got our answer

i was going to post it but then i thought maybe whypark managment would rather it was seen by members only.hint duplicate content

•••
WhyPark is essentially a "duplicate content network." Once Google cracked down on duplicate content they became a huge target. I'm a little surprised at the way this played out (with blank ad spaces) but not too surprised that it happened. WhyPark was a way to create sites based almost entirely on duplicate content. Were these sites really better than parked pages? I'm note sure. They looked more like real sites, but the actual content wasn't all that great. It was essentially a way to game AdSense - and Google eventually called their bluff.

•••
.X. said:
Being as Google are communist, What should we have expected. "Shrugs"

I have put Yahoo Pub on many of mine, There are a lot of contextual advertising options, besides adsense, Adbrite, Clicksor, ect and ect.

I don't regret signing up for WhyPark, I made my money back within one week with them, And a decent monthly pay check.

The answer is simple, Boycott Google and their Commie ways, No one will do it i know, Perhaps when they completely shut every one down from making revenue, Then people will be willing to Boycott, It will be to late then, But the day will come when you, In no way shape or form, will be able to use Google to run Arbitrage, It is coming, just wait and see.

How well is YPN working on WhyPark for you? I've always used Adwords
but after today's Yahoo anti arbitrage news I have to find new options along with thousands of others :)

Can you give me one of your sites to check it out ??

Thanks...

•••
I have noticed that on the sites where i use the whypark templates no adsense ads are showing. The sites i have custom HTML, and all the same articles that would show on the templates, are displaying fine. Possibly because i have a bit more on my sites than just the articles. I guess i have to add custom HTML for all my sites (better CTR anyways).

•••
WhyPark has news and announcements on the admin page.

They talk about blank adsense ads, click quality, etc.

They have new website graphics....dandelions I believe!

Paul

Last edited:
•••
has2hands said:
They have new website graphics....daffodils I believe!

Paul

They look more like the weeds on my front lawn!! Spring is coming and those bastards will be back soon!

•••
Your right!

I changed it, I meant dandelions..I wrote the wrong thing....getting old!:)

•••
I have 10 domains at WhyPark, all displaying their well-targeted AdSense ads as usual, no problem there.

However, thanks to this thread I've now removed all Adsense code from them, and will be moving them out of WhyPark ASAP.

I have noticed that their search rankings have suffered a major penalty recently. It seems to me Google may be penalizing all things WhyPark right now.

The next thing I'll do tonight is I'm going to remove WhyPark affiliate ads from my sites, at least until this issue is fully resolved. I only publish ads to services I believe in. Now I just need to find a worthy service to promote with all that newly freed ad space :) Actually, the Whypark ads converted fairly well initially, but it's completely dried down in recent months, so it was on my elimination list anyway. Maybe word is getting around.

This thread has opened my eyes to the risks of using your own Adsense code with parking programs/third-party sites. It's dangerous. Only use your own Adsense code on sites you control, and keep your sites strictly within the TOS. I can't afford to get banned by Adsense.

What bugs me is that every day I see MFA sites, manipulated Google search, I've even seen MSN search results, that are magically someone's Google ads the instant you click them, yes the search result itself is a Google ad.

Then I hear reports of bona fide publishers getting banned for being careless. It makes me mad. The Net is full of unscrupulous black hat Adsense publishers, eating our lunches, but it seems Google can't do anything about them and would rather punish small-time webmasters.

I had a scare from Google, they told me one of my sites violated the TOS because of sexual content. Well, it's a medical forum and there are perfectly civilized discussions on sexual health, but Google wanted me to remove Adsense from that site or else...at least they gave me fair warning though.

•••
I just deleted all my domains there. I want a refund.

Search engines did not love me. I was a total domain n00b when I started whypark and had no clue about duplicate content and how bad it really was.

Total rip off IMO.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back