IT.COM

Whypark / AdSense dilemma

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I recently signed up with Whypark and had 32 domains enrolled. I get this email from google a few days ago....

Hello Jerry W Thomas,

While going through our records recently, we found that your AdSense
account has posed a significant risk to our AdWords advertisers. Since
keeping your account in our publisher network may financially damage
our advertisers in the future, we've decided to disable your account.

Please understand that we consider this a necessary step to protect the
interests of both our advertisers and our other AdSense publishers. We
realize the inconvenience this may cause you, and we thank you in
advance for your understanding and cooperation.

I'm an old man and don't play childish games or tell lies. I have never posted any of these names anywhere, discussed them with anyone or ever clicked on one myself....Never. You can believe that or choose not to.

I don't know what happened. I remember checking my AdSense account and last week I noticed about 200 to 400 clicks a day starting to happen with no earnings. Then i get that email disabling my account. That is all I know.

Can y'all figure out why these clicks happened??

I can't contact Google because I have no clue which domain or domains caused the problem. I did not insert any stat codes either to help me figure it out.

These Whypark sites are the only places I have used AdSense.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Varon said:
Jerry, do you have any TM typo domains on whypark? If so, that could be a reason for Google disabling your account. I had purchased a dropped 4 letter domain last year which got me into trouble with Adsense. I had no idea that the domain was a previous Chinese website. Well, it started receiving tons of traffic which clicked away at the adsense ads. In 2 days of getting the domain, I received 80-240 clicks on the adsense ads. And that was it. It was actually entirely bot traffic and Adsense sent me a note mentioning invalid click activity and closed my account.

I sent them numerous mails attaching my stat counter traffic details showing them proof that I had no idea that the traffic was bot generated. It all seemed to originate from an IP address in China. Well... they honestly don't have the time to listen. I understand their position... they just cannot take chances...and that was the end of adsense. It was disheartening because I had adsense on around 60 of my whypark domains and had actually written my own content on most of them. In fact, I was making around $ 1800 a month from adsense when it all came to an end.

The good thing is, I started looking beyond adsense for other alternatives and it helped me set up a decent domain portfolio and I am doing pretty okay now.

So, even if they don't reinstate your account, don't worry too much. Life is much more than adsense. Start looking for alternative revenue streams like buying some good names and parking them or maybe setting up your various whypark sites as content rich landing pages promoting some good affiliate products. Some affiliate marketers make thousands each month. Select some good product and write a keyword rich one page article promoting the product. You might end up making some good money if you do things right.

It is heart renching to hear about Jerry T situations with Google and I suppose this is what most honest domainers fear most. My hearts goes to you because I can imagine how you feel especially if you are like me who sets up all my domains around adsense. Because of your exeprience I will like you pros (Varon especially after your good read above) list alternatives that one can use in conjunction with or without adsense. I suppose a 101 for a newbie on what to do and not do with parking at whypark and alternatives to google adsense might be the best thing for me at least from you pros. HELP.

•••
Thank you sir, i will second your suggestion for some alternatives. But one thing that still puzzles me is my AdSense account was disabled (still is) but not terminated.

•••
jerry t said:
Thank you sir, i will second your suggestion for some alternatives. But one thing that still puzzles me is my AdSense account was disabled (still is) but not terminated.

Just guessing, but maybe they disable it for the sites you have there currently - if you enter a different site, would that be 'live'?
I assume that they teminate if they suspect click fraud has taken place.

Please correct me if this is wrong.

•••
I can't login to AdSense to find that out. When I attempt to login I get a message my account has been disabled. I took down the AdSense ads from the Whypark sites after all this happened, and those were the only sites I was incorporating AdSense.

I need to contact Google... just figured it was probably a lost cause now. :)

•••
Just an update for you kind folks.

I never contacted Google because i figured why bother if you know what I mean. Yesterday I got an email from Google that said this ...

"As you know, Google treats instances of invalid click activity
very seriously. We have reviewed your circumstances and have reinstated
your
account, effective immediately. However, there will be a delay before ads
start
running on your website. It may take up to 48 hours before all of our
servers
are informed of the change."

Good, maybe the duplicate content issue had nothing to do with this. I also never requested an investigation so I don't know what to make of that either.

Thank you Google for stepping up :)

•••
I am surprise that you did not contact Google when this started - it could easily have been a mistake and they put back your account. I will contact them, it is worth the effort.

•••
jerry t said:
Just an update for you kind folks.

I never contacted Google because i figured why bother if you know what I mean. Yesterday I got an email from Google that said this ...

Good, maybe the duplicate content issue had nothing to do with this. I also never requested an investigation so I don't know what to make of that either.

Thank you Google for stepping up :)
Wow Jerry, miracles do happen after all. Well done!

GIL :)

•••
Congratulations Jerry, I am really happy for you and hope this brings fortune from Google. Thanks for sharing the good news

•••
I'm mighty glad for you Jerry. :) This is very welcome news.

•••
WhyPark's Email

Hey Folks,

Everyone get Whypark's email about the new and exciting changes?? Soungs good.

Paul

Here it is:

Now Accepting Applications for the WhyPark Ad Network

Over the past month, we have been diligently working on getting our integrated ad network online. We have signed agreements with multiple ad networks to provide relevant pay-per-click ads across our network of sites. At this time, we are ready to start accepting applications to our 30 day testing period.

We plan on launching our ad network on the week of March 17th and will then be testing for a period of 30 days before "officially" launching the network to all customers who would like to use our ad network. A few advantage of using the WhyPark ad network include:

* Direct integration into your layout for greater visibility
* During the 30 day test period and on a continual basis, we will be working with various ad networks to determine the highest paying networks for certain categories and keywords. We will also be working with our ad networks to fully optimize the ad inventory across our network.
* We are using ClickForensics to help us validate all clicks and keep our network's quality high.
* Beta testers will be paid 100% of the revenue earned during the test period. After our full release, we will pay a revenue share of 60%
* All payments will be made within 30 days of the close of the month by PayPal. We will be adding direct deposit payments in the coming months.
* If we are unable to deliver relevant ads on any page, your top and bottom ads will be shown instead so no potential revenue is left on the table.
* We will continue to optimize ads and partner with new ad networks to ensure you are earning the most revenue from your sites. Since we'll "own" the data now, we will be able to continue optimizing our ad feeds to bring you the highest revenue available.
* Stats will be available in the Earn Revenue tab, so you can always see how your sites are performing.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. More information about the ad network will be available over the next weeks.

To apply, login to your WhyPark account and click on the Earn Revenue tab. You will be asked to review our terms and sign electronically to submit your application.

Privacy Policy

We've included a network-wide privacy policy in the footer of each page on all sites. Google AdSense has recently added a privacy policy as a requirement for any site serving AdSense ads. Additionally, as we roll out our integrated ad network, this privacy policy will apply to our ad serving as well. It describes that cookies are used to track some ads and that we collect basic information to enhance the user experience and relevance.

Keyword Matching & Keyword Research

First, we've changed how WhyPark matches articles with your keywords. In the past, we've seen the use of general keywords like "car" show articles relating to "carnival" or "cards". We've made some changes to ensure that the keywords being used will be an exact match. This will likely mean less articles per site, but higher quality articles on each site.

Second, we've also added a new feature to the keyword research tool so you can find related terms for each term you're entering. Again, this will help you find several word terms to use, which are much more focused than using general words only. Let's take the term "ipod" for example. As I write this, there are 278 matching articles for "ipod". To look for more focused words, I click on the Related Terms link and find the terms: apple ipod, ipod touch, ipod nano, ipod shuffle and others. You can use this to find more focused keywords that still have matching articles.

It's always better to focus on specific keywords for your sites to create a niche theme. Rather than a 20,000 page site about everything, you're better off with a 75 page site tightly focused around a specific subject.

Thank You

As always, I appreciate your feedback and suggestions to help make WhyPark a better service. We're happy to see the User Suggestions page in the Community tab being utilized to let us know the features that are important to you. The most popular suggestions have been added to our development schedule for future release.

Thank you,

Craig Rowe
President
WhyPark.com

•••
interested? pm me for interesting new whypark account offer.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back