Dynadot

Whypark / AdSense dilemma

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I recently signed up with Whypark and had 32 domains enrolled. I get this email from google a few days ago....

Hello Jerry W Thomas,

While going through our records recently, we found that your AdSense
account has posed a significant risk to our AdWords advertisers. Since
keeping your account in our publisher network may financially damage
our advertisers in the future, we've decided to disable your account.

Please understand that we consider this a necessary step to protect the
interests of both our advertisers and our other AdSense publishers. We
realize the inconvenience this may cause you, and we thank you in
advance for your understanding and cooperation.

I'm an old man and don't play childish games or tell lies. I have never posted any of these names anywhere, discussed them with anyone or ever clicked on one myself....Never. You can believe that or choose not to.

I don't know what happened. I remember checking my AdSense account and last week I noticed about 200 to 400 clicks a day starting to happen with no earnings. Then i get that email disabling my account. That is all I know.

Can y'all figure out why these clicks happened??

I can't contact Google because I have no clue which domain or domains caused the problem. I did not insert any stat codes either to help me figure it out.

These Whypark sites are the only places I have used AdSense.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is something new that it seems Google has put into place in the last six weeks or so. Unfortunately, nobody seems to know exactly what spurs it. If it's a question of invalid clicks (like if they suspect you are engaging in click fraud) the email specifically mentions invalid clicks, so it's not that one. From what I've seen, several *possible* triggers are:

- All those clicks without earnings - you may have been targeted by some kind of a bot or other click generating program. From the wording of the email, it's like Google recognizes that it's not you doing it, but one or more of your sites has attracted that kind of attention, and it's not worth it to them to keep it going.

- Some of the people who got this seem to be using scraped content or free articles that are considered (heavily) duplicated content that has been used elsewhere. I'm not saying that's necessarily the reason, but it might be. Had you added any unique content to your WhyPark sites at all?

- Low traffic. It almost sounds like they are booting some people out (like with personal blogs) just for not having enough traffic. Ultimately, if there's not real revenue potential for Google and conversion potential for their advertisers, they might decide they want to thin the herd. Not a pleasant thought, but they want to keep their advertisers happy a lot more than they want to keep their publishers happy.

These are just some ideas, I have no idea for sure what is causing this, because Google hasn't said anything specific. I understand there's a link for appeal in the email - you should use that. Ask them if it was only one of your domains that was the problem, and if so, can your account be reinstated if you remove AdSense from that domain. BE PERSISTENT but don't be nasty. It's not easy to get an AdSense account reinstated, but it is possible.

•••
It seems this year Google stock has dropped, and the US economy is going through a recession. That will definitely impact a lot of advertisers...and therefore Google.

There are signs Google wants to limit Adsense, like not approving new applications, and also banning many accounts for small reasons.

Bad world economy = bad online economy.

:td:

•••
Jerry, do you have any TM typo domains on whypark? If so, that could be a reason for Google disabling your account. I had purchased a dropped 4 letter domain last year which got me into trouble with Adsense. I had no idea that the domain was a previous Chinese website. Well, it started receiving tons of traffic which clicked away at the adsense ads. In 2 days of getting the domain, I received 80-240 clicks on the adsense ads. And that was it. It was actually entirely bot traffic and Adsense sent me a note mentioning invalid click activity and closed my account.

I sent them numerous mails attaching my stat counter traffic details showing them proof that I had no idea that the traffic was bot generated. It all seemed to originate from an IP address in China. Well... they honestly don't have the time to listen. I understand their position... they just cannot take chances...and that was the end of adsense. It was disheartening because I had adsense on around 60 of my whypark domains and had actually written my own content on most of them. In fact, I was making around $ 1800 a month from adsense when it all came to an end.

The good thing is, I started looking beyond adsense for other alternatives and it helped me set up a decent domain portfolio and I am doing pretty okay now.

So, even if they don't reinstate your account, don't worry too much. Life is much more than adsense. Start looking for alternative revenue streams like buying some good names and parking them or maybe setting up your various whypark sites as content rich landing pages promoting some good affiliate products. Some affiliate marketers make thousands each month. Select some good product and write a keyword rich one page article promoting the product. You might end up making some good money if you do things right.

•••
Question: Disappearing Adsense Ads

Hello Folks,

I have a question, hopefully someone can answer.

I have started Whypark parking, with some nice domain names, no real traffic yet....but......

out of approx. 50 domains at WhyPark, probably 30-35 have had their Adsense codes/ads missing. It was there, trust me. Just noticed the last few days. The other domains still have theirs. The code is intact, haven't changed it. So, the adsense code is present, yet the display ad(s) are gone

I have original content on all the sites, and only a few whypark articles.

here is an example of missing ads:

www.badcreditsignitureloans.com

Anyone else? WhyPark Problem?

Thanks,
Paul

•••
Paul it appears that you added some articles of your own without using the "add custom article feature". Try adding the same article with the custom article mode. That should get the ads to appear. Or it could be some page customizing error.

•••
Varon, you're right about the TM domains. Adsense is not something that ordinary people like you and I can simply shove around onto any domain or previously expired domain.

Unlike parking companies that have special deals with Google. When we use a parking provider, it's their Adsense feed being used, not ours. And these parking providers are either premium publishers or they have negotiated a deal with Google in person. These kinds of Adsense publishers (Adsense for domains) can get away with just about anything, lol.

I always wondered why these warnings were not mentioned more often. That's why for parking services that use our Adsense feed (like IMODO and WHYPARK) it is wise to be more careful and not simply using Adsense for any domain. Our regular Adsense ads are not as flexible as these parking companies.

Another reason could be the MFA character of the sites, because a Google employee on a bad day could just review your account and seeing nothing but low quality sites...and then....bam.

•••
Hey Fellow WhyPark Domainers,

Posted on WhyPark's Domain Manager, is this posting:

Blank AdSense Ads - We've received a number of emails this weekend (February 3rd), concerning blank AdSense ads shown on some domains. We're looking into this immediately and have contacted Google to determine what the problem is as well. We will keep you posted with any information we receive.

i guess they know about it.

paul

•••
has2hands said:
Hey Fellow WhyPark Domainers,

Posted on WhyPark's Domain Manager, is this posting:

Blank AdSense Ads - We've received a number of emails this weekend (February 3rd), concerning blank AdSense ads shown on some domains. We're looking into this immediately and have contacted Google to determine what the problem is as well. We will keep you posted with any information we receive.

i guess they know about it.

paul

Just looked at 6-7 of my WhyPark Domains and there is NO adsense ads on them!. I imagine all the rest are the same because I checked my Adsense account and there is only 1 impression and 0 clicks for both yesterday and today. This is quite worrying. :(

Anyone else notice this problem?

GIL :)

•••
GILSAN said:
Just looked at 6-7 of my WhyPark Domains and there is NO adsense ads on them!. I imagine all the rest are the same because I checked my Adsense account and there is only 1 impression and 0 clicks for both yesterday and today. This is quite worrying. :(

Anyone else notice this problem?

Wow.. I don't see any ads on your bluetooth site. To play safe, quickly pull off the adsense codes from those sites till WP issues are resolved.

•••
Just checked my WhyPark sites. Its showing Google ads on all of them.

•••
NPKJB said:
Just checked my WhyPark sites. Its showing Google ads on all of them.

Mine either.

•••
Im missing adsense on a few why park sites..and got hit with 300 clicks on one with no revenue. I pulled the site with no ads and changed nameservers..... I hope I dont get that letter.

Just checked and 95% of my whypark sites have no adsense showing

Last edited:
•••
biohammer said:
Im missing adsense on a few why park sites..and got hit with 300 clicks on one with no revenue. I pulled the site with no ads and changed nameservers..... I hope I dont get that letter.

Just checked and 95% of my whypark sites have no adsense showing

I'm glad atleast YPN is showing on my whypark domains. But this is very perturbing. A person could lose their adsense account for no fault of theirs. As someone mentioned earlier I'm seeing this notification on my account panel. I would recommend any adsense users to pull off their codes till the issues are resolved.

error.jpg

I'm having a feeling, whypark servers were/are being hit by bots and thats why some members are experiencing unusually high visitors and clicks. I'm feeling sorry for Jerry. It seems like he lost his account for bot hits and no fault of his. :(

Last edited:
•••
I also have missing AdSense ads on all 100 domains I have hosted at WhyPark. This happened sometime on or after Friday, Feb 1.

One strange thing I noticed was one of my very low-traffic domains got 40 clickthroughs and zero revenue on 2/1 - checking my stats later, I only had 2 unique visitors that day. Nothing like that had ever happened before.

On sites I have hosted elsewhere using the same Adsense account, I have no problems with ads showing.

•••
d9000 said:
I also have missing AdSense ads on all 100 domains I have hosted at WhyPark. This happened sometime on or after Friday, Feb 1.

One strange thing I noticed was one of my very low-traffic domains got 40 clickthroughs and zero revenue on 2/1 - checking my stats later, I only had 2 unique visitors that day. Nothing like that had ever happened before.

On sites I have hosted elsewhere using the same Adsense account, I have no problems with ads showing.

Most definitely a bot. This is serious. Let me check my YPN stats.

•••
Blank AdSense Ads - We've received a number of emails this weekend (February 3rd), co

they just posted this

I removed all google ads at WHYPARK

•••
i first noticed it on Feb 1st also but thought it was isolated to one domain.... funny thing is the only site that now shows adsense is the one i just moved there on Feb 1st to replace the site with no ads,its a similar domain and is still making revenue.... today. I have moved the other 68 to Parked for the time being

•••
Varon said:
I'm glad atleast YPN is showing on my whypark domains. But this is very perturbing. A person could lose their adsense account for no fault of theirs. As someone mentioned earlier I'm seeing this notification on my account panel. I would recommend any adsense users to pull off their codes till the issues are resolved.

error.jpg

I'm having a feeling, whypark servers were/are being hit by bots and thats why some members are experiencing unusually high visitors and clicks. I'm feeling sorry for Jerry. It seems like he lost his account for bot hits and no fault of his. :(

Took your advice Varon and pulled out all my Adsense ads from all 55 domains I have at WhyPark. My StatCounter stats does not show unusual activity so I'm a bit perplexed by this. I spent about 3 hours to copy/paste all the ad codes and also sent WhyPark support an e-mail.

Hope I moved them out in time. Now I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

•••
I checked my YPN stats and found everything okay. It seems to be affecting adsense ad blocks.

•••
GILSAN said:
Took your advice Varon and pulled out all my Adsense ads from all 55 domains I have at WhyPark. My StatCounter stats does not show unusual activity so I'm a bit perplexed by this. I spent about 3 hours to copy/paste all the ad codes and also sent WhyPark support an e-mail.

Hope I moved them out in time. Now I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

A good move. But I can imagine how time consuming this can be. :( I think its always better to play safe.

•••
All of my adsense codes were moved for safety (but my stats, and adsenses are currently getting $)

•••
Thanks for taking your time to reply folks. I added no original content and there are no typo's. Most of these names were with Fabulous but weren't performing. That's Ok because i have many with fabulous that are performing.

Four of these names Fabulous rejected from the get go. They pertain to a certain car manufacturer I was going after because of a lemon car I purchased. An example would be "blank"classactiondotcom or blanklemonsdotcom. I considered not using these sites but then I noticed there are AdWords Ad users with this same content selling their legal services for this same exact car company for the same exact problem my car had. I guess i messed up there.

Anyway, I remember checking my daily AdSense account and noticed last week there were maybe 10 or 20 impressions with 100's of clicks and zero earnings. Before that I had like $3.00 in a months time.

•••
Looks like it has more to do with bots hitting your domains Jerry. You can later write back to adsense support and mention to them that your domains at whypark were hit by bots and you weren't able to stop them in time. A nice letter explaining facts together with some credible traffic stats attachments can help you get reinstated. Just let them know that you value their advertiser's investment and business and had it not been for this unwarranted bot attack, you still aim to be a loyal honest publisher with no intent of ever indulging in fraudulent actions.

They might look fairly at it. :)

•••
Will do, but I don't have a stats counter on the individual sites. I was going from memory using my AdSense account daily stats which I can't view anymore because my account was disabled.

I'll just tell them the truth and see what happens... :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back