Dynadot

new gtlds Why "the new gTLDs haters" lose hours and hours in new gTLD discussions???

Spaceship
Watch

Wass

Established Member
Impact
Why "the new gTLDs haters" lose hours and hours in new gTLD discussions???

If there is a bad news for new gTLDs, "the new gTLDs haters" tell us that the news is true...
If there is a good news for new gTLDs, "the new gTLDs haters" tell us that the news is false...

And these haters work like as a team...
And I have the feeling that the new gTLD discussions are very very very important for them. Why???

Why they lose so much time if they are not investors????

If you are a new gTLD hater, this question is for you:
Why you lose hours and hours in new gTLDs discussions???
And why this topic is very important for you???
Of course, you know why but you can not tell us the truth... :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
image.png

•••
I came up with that design too :)

•••
Noticed the clock said 7 o'clock; my favorite#:)
You will also noticed in bot.pizza 7slices or dots :)

Last edited:
•••
Count the arrows around the clock :)

•••
someone wants their .gripe to sell. lol.

•••
bot.pizza? , I dont really get it how this is premium, but maybe its just me. I believe people who dont like new gTLDs are not envious or something like that, they know you can still make money with them, its just a sad thing that people who passively own them dont realize that 99%+ registered are not so good. They just know many of the owners will lose money.,maybe they are just altruists and helpful? :) I predict that in the next 20 years, no matter what happens, traffic from new gTLDs developed websites will still leak to .com big time.

•••
When I bought that name it was premium. It was not for sure .88cent, coupon or on sale extension. I will double check, if .pizza went down to .99cent or on sale.

•••
.pizza went down to $30 bucks. I paid more than that. I still love the "bot" cool SLD.

•••
.com can still be used on any none specific business title; this is just my opinion.

Example: Pay.money VS. Pay.com

•••
You got problem with that long experienced?
Come on now, go ahead and please explain to me your 30 years of experience with domains? The first name ever registered was in 1985, which is about 30 years ago. I'm guessing you probably weren't even born back then.

•••
If you come from another planet, I think you prefer Pay.money to Pay.com.
Of course, for humans, the prestige of the dot com is still present.
It is true, not all new gTLDs are great, yes there are stupid new gTLDs but there are also lots of great new gTLDs with great potential.
It is also true that not all 126 million .coms are great. There are also millions of stupid .coms.
Anyway, I personally do not believe that new gTLDs are enemies of .coms: Walking on parallel roads...

•••
Come on now, go ahead and please explain to me your 30 years of experience with domains? The first name ever registered was in 1985, which is about 30 years ago. I'm guessing you probably weren't even born back then.
:)

•••
I like and prefer things that make sense; even just a little bit.

•••
.com can still be used on any none specific business title; this is just my opinion.

Example: Pay.money VS. Pay.com
pay(.)com is better than pay(.)money, BUT pay(.)money is better than paymoney(.)com!

•••
I think a lot of members here have some valid concerns about NGTLDs. Some though just have a fear of NGTLDs oozing from them. I can understand it, if they do take off, a lot of people will have a harder time selling their mediocre .com names.

•••
The majority of new gtlds are quite awful and basically have no chance of success apart from a few dollars to the registrars/ registries from a large number of buyers -mainly domainers.

There are just a few that have become accepted,some for different reasons than others. In general I don't prefer them over .com or a number of cctld that I think are superior.

I certainly don't "hate" them which is a strange description, I simply prefer other extensions. That said I am probably one of the few domainers apart from the in crowd that has actually made a good profit from gtld, but that was simply business and luck knowing there would likely be buyers for the right combos.

•••
If Pay.com and Pay.money was created at the same time, which one would you used if your business is all about money?

•••
If Pay.com and Pay.money was created at the same time, which one would you used if your business is all about money?

I'd still use pay.com, and maybe buy pay.money for a redirect.

•••
If your business is all about TV and coffee, which one you rather used:

watch.com or watch.tv
Drink.com or drink.coffee

Last edited:
•••

watch.com or watch.tv

I think it's best to compare watch.tv to watchtv.com and not to watch.com.
Same for drink.coffee. Compare that one to drinkcoffee.com and not to drink.com.

Watch.com and drink.com are worth millions imo and can be used for tons of things. I like the domains in your example but let's face it: watch.tv and drink.coffee are not worth millions and can be used for one thing only (the first one for some tv site and the second one for some coffee related site).

Last edited:
•••
They're just protecting they're investment. Understandable really.

•••

watch.com or watch.tv

If money didn't matter and both were available.

I would brand as WatchTv.com or DrinkCoffee.com

Why? Consumers would have to remember only Watch TV or Drink Coffee which is really easy to do.

I wouldn't have to deal with problems like:

-Consumer doesn't understand that watch.tv is an URL or overlooks it. .com stands out and means this is an URL you can visit me. It doesn't matter where the ad is people immediately recognize that it is an URL.

-Consumers do understand that it is an URL but wonder why I am using a less popular alternative that most serious businesses use. In the eyes of others this may look unprofessional or unconventional.

- Not knowing if i am dealing with a trusted and reliable registry. e.g (sudden price changes, domain shut-down, company going bankrupt, don't know what TOS are, what local laws apply etc.)

Last edited:
•••
*Nervous laugh*
What's a gtld?

•••
*Nervous laugh*
What's a gtld?
It's something new & exciting that makes certain domainers very nervous.

edit:
It's something new & exciting that makes a domainer like @dordomai very nervous ;)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back