Dynadot

Why Marcaria charges a fee to update owner info for transfer outs?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Why Marcaria charges a fee to update owner info for transfer outs?

That's the question.

I "wanted" or had planned to transfer out domains from Marcaria to other registrars just to save a buck or two here and there.

But as you know doing this. you should really expect to save like $10-$20 maybe $30.

But if Marcaria charges you $20 to "Change Owner info" just because you paid for a Trustee Service on the domain to transfer it out. Then it's pointless to transfer out just to save money. This fee ultimately kills any savings you might have had for transfers.

Plus if you sell a domain you've got with Marcaria. You better make sure in your listings to mention these fees.

Is it normal for a registrar to charge a "Owner Update" fee just because you are transferring out a domain with extensions like .de or .eu or .it or .es or .fr?

is it because there is a trustee service involved? I mean I can understand the charge. But I recall transferring international extension domains with no such charge.

why now? with Marcaria.

I actually just did a transfer for a .eu domain from dynadot to Marcaria and Dynadot did not charge me an "Owner Update" fee.

fyi though. When I had these .eu domains at Dynadot they did not have registered agent service on them. This is why I had to transfer to Marcaria as Eurid said I was not from EU.

Is this why Dynadot did not charge me a fee? (probably)

Has anyone else ever experienced having any registrar and especially Marcaria charge them an "Owner Update" fee? or is it just BS and a way to keep you with Marcaria?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back