IT.COM

analysis Why is domain market very slow for past 2 months ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

rathish

Top Member
Impact
Hello domainers , i see that domain market is very slow and down for past 2 months . Does any one know the reason behind it ?

some domainers were making good money even these days too but many domainers feels the same what i feel...

When will the market raise again or hereafter will this be the situation ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Maybe in these couple of months when companies do their financials and decide how much they have to spend on domains and such.

•••
Wasn't this the summer months in the USA? This is probably the most likely reason. Sorry if the answer was posed as a question. I'm not in USA.

•••
Emergency level Central bank rates + Loose money policy = Stock market value in the stratosphere = Highest online retail sales ever, should = Above average demand for domain names.

Something is missing from the equation.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I always notice a slight decline in sales this time of the year, and see a gradual improvement from December onwards.

Keep motivated, and if your names are of good quality buyers will come.

•••
Wasn't this the summer months in the USA? This is probably the most likely reason. Sorry if the answer was posed as a question. I'm not in USA.
Yes you right and many returning back to their homes after enjoy.

•••
•••
Hello domainers , i see that domain market is very slow and down for past 2 months . Does any one know the reason behind it ?

some domainers were making good money even these days too but many domainers feels the same what i feel...

When will the market raise again or hereafter will this be the situation ?

Its been busy for last 2 months here ? all depends how many domains u hold and what you have etc etc

•••
I experience it too, and also the following observations:

- the number of good quality .coms in the droplist compared to 2015-16 (since I have reference) is way worse today. I guess competition is getting higher each year plus other unknown factors.

- namepros marketplace is also super slow. I usually run through the auctions and BIN threads, and I check if there is a different nic name in the thread other then the sellers nic. Not much action going on lately.

- while many of us experience slight decline Godaddy sells expired domains like hot cakes, but when you list similar quality names on their public auctions, noone shows up.

•••
Interest rates are raising everywhere. This is lowering all kind of investments. Cash is moving to interest. This looks like a long term trend, imho. Other reason is summer holiday.

•••
I think it's a temporary because we are near to closing year.

•••
Be sure to invest in .com, .net and .org for best chance of selling.

Stay away from ngTLD's unless you really research them. Anecdotal reports of people selling some weirdo domain in a ngTLD should not be used as proof you can just start buying up those kind of domains because they look like they might be worth something.

Nothing wrong with buying a few with beer money, but I see way too many domainers building up large portfolios of ngTLD domains that nobody buys because end users want the main 3 TLD's.

•••
Be sure to invest in .com, .net and .org for best chance of selling.

Stay away from ngTLD's unless you really research them. Anecdotal reports of people selling some weirdo domain in a ngTLD should not be used as proof you can just start buying up those kind of domains because they look like they might be worth something.

Nothing wrong with buying a few with beer money, but I see way too many domainers building up large portfolios of ngTLD domains that nobody buys because end users want the main 3 TLD's.

Hi , i have good to high quality .com , .net and .org domains but my sales has dropped suddenly in last 2 months . I have sold many medium quality domains for good price . but for past 2 months i feel tough to sell even a good quality domains...

Hope market will be back at least by january 2019...

•••
•••
My current client is a Global firm and I am working on an American contract for them. I get visibility of all inbound communications from prospective clients whether it is via their website or one of their departmental telephone numbers. Last month the figures flatlined but looking at historical trends, it was the same in 2017 and 2016.
The end of year for many companies, summer breaks and lost working hours due to long weekends being taken by staff around Labor day and Columbus day are reasons for the slowdown. We estimate everything reverts back to normal in November.

•••
My current client is a Global firm and I am working on an American contract for them. I get visibility of all inbound communications from prospective clients whether it is via their website or one of their departmental telephone numbers. Last month the figures flatlined but looking at historical trends, it was the same in 2017 and 2016.
The end of year for many companies, summer breaks and lost working hours due to long weekends being taken by staff around Labor day and Columbus day are reasons for the slowdown. We estimate everything reverts back to normal in November.

I think this is the explanation i have been looking for ... thank's for your input friend...

•••
Summer months very slow usually. July-October.

I have found that things heat up after thanks giving

•••

Thank's friend for sharing the info...

•••

Which month is the best for you? For me it's January.

•••
Interest rates heading north is having an effect imo. This is the first time rates are in this direction since the crash.

Last edited:
•••
Every month you might think things are slowing. And then suddenly you get great sales.

•••
Every month you might think things are slowing. And then suddenly you get great sales.
That's a real response.
I fully agreed with your statement.
From Last 1 month my sales not going good and i'm upset but today morning i have received a offer of $xxx mid and now i'm happy.

•••
when there are hundreds of domains being traded everyday...…
then how can one generalize the state of a "supposed market" as being slow?

as a single individuals' sales activity, isn't an accurate measure of the total volume of domain sales.
nor is a single individuals' portfolio an accurate measure of the total quality of the domains held by all other domainers.

in udder werds, your names may not be as good as other peoples names, which is why your sales may be slow and their sales are high or haven't slumped/

one's methods, strategies, knowledge and experience all play a part in this equation too.

imo….

•••
when there are hundreds of domains being traded everyday...…
then how can one generalize the state of a "supposed market" as being slow?

as a single individuals' sales activity, isn't an accurate measure of the total volume of domain sales.
nor is a single individuals' portfolio an accurate measure of the total quality of the domains held by all other domainers.

in udder werds, your names may not be as good as other peoples names, which is why your sales may be slow and their sales are high or haven't slumped/

one's methods, strategies, knowledge and experience all play a part in this equation too.

imo….

u make good point ...but for the record almost all here said its slow...not just one individual ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back