Dynadot

discuss Why don't add Bitcoin / Crypto Payments in Afternic.com / Sedo.com / Escrow.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Do you like to add Crypto / Bitcoin Payments for Deposit & Payout?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

• No

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

ramkumaritrvs

Happiest man in the worldTop Member
Impact
Hello Np'ers,

As we all are aware of the Crypto / Bitcoin payments is so easy to send and receive, why these big companies didn't take steps into accepting / payout in crypto payments?

> No extra fees like credit card fee / bank fee
> Quicker than bank transfer
> No limitation
> No reversal issue like credit card hack etc.,
and many more features in using crypto payments...

Love to hear feedback from,

@Joe Styler ,@Jackson Elsegood

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
buyer paid cash and they just payout in btc

•••
buyer paid cash and they just payout in btc

cool.. I wonder if you can pay there in btc too

also wonder same about epik and namesilo.

•••
Hello Np'ers,

As we all are aware of the Crypto / Bitcoin payments is so easy to send and receive, why these big companies didn't take steps into accepting / payout in crypto payments?

> No limitation

Less security IMO then money payment + if payment is made in crypto you need to sell to get real money & have money to "eat"

•••
Hello Np'ers,

> No limitation

Too much risk to be widely used. Keep in mind with thin profit margins when Godaddy registers a.com for $7.99 they may end up losing money on a crypto purchase during high volatility days.

•••
Too much risk to be widely used. Keep in mind with thin profit margins when Godaddy registers a.com for $7.99 they may end up losing money on a crypto purchase during high volatility days.
There are plenty of services/exchanges that offer direct conversion from BTC to fiat instantly, negating this potential issue.

•••
There are plenty of services/exchanges that offer direct conversion from BTC to fiat instantly, negating this potential issue.

Did not know about that but how do they make money? Do they charge a commission or fees? If so, how much?

•••
Did not know about that but how do they make money? Do they charge a commission or fees? If so, how much?
Often times they're market sold at the exchange with their associated fee structure.

•••
Often times they're market sold at the exchange with their associated fee structure.

so if Godaddy sells say 10,000 domain registrations at $7.99 in a day approximately how much would they net if using the instant BTC exchange you are referring to? Can each domain be exchanged for fiat immediately or must it be a bulk transaction and not 10,000 daily trabsactiosn?

Last edited:
•••
so if Godaddy sells say 10,000 domain registrations at $7.99 in a day approximately how much would they net if using the instant BTC exchange you are referring to? Can each domain be exchanged for fiat immediately or must it be a bulk transaction and not 10,000 daily trabsactiosn?
Each transaction would be processed separately, and instantly at the time of purchase. Depending on the liquidity of the exchange or service provider (accounting for slippage + spread), GoDaddy would net between 98-100%.

•••
Each transaction would be processed separately, and instantly at the time of purchase. Depending on the liquidity of the exchange or service provider (accounting for slippage + spread), GoDaddy would net between 98-100%.

It seems there's always more issues. About how much slippage and spread can be expected? I know when trading even regular commodity futures contracts it can be substantial at times with high market volatility. Does that mean Godaddy would need to absorb the slippage, spread and commission? If yes, I do not see how that changes anything unless I am missing something.

Last edited:
•••
It seems there's always more issues. About how much slippage and spread can be expected? I know when trading even regular commodity futures contracts it can be substantial at times with high market volatility. Does that mean Godaddy would need to absorb the slippage, spread and commission? If yes, I do not see how that changes anything unless I am missing something.
Yes, they would. Highly liquid markets effectively nullify these issues, however - even in times of volatility.

Trading fees for crypto are much lower than commissions typically paid in traditional markets. Most crypto exchanges charge from 0% to ~0.1% per trade.

Last edited:
•••
Hello Np'ers,

> No limitation

I've bought a few domain names from Namecheap.com using bitcoins. But the fact is even with all the buzz around bitcoins, they are volatile and not insured by the FDIC. Why accept a currency that shoots up to $5,000 in a month and in one day drops by $2,000. You also forget you have to convert bitcoins to cash eventually and its not that easy because there are only a handful of bitcoin atms that allows you to convert and withdraw cash.

Last edited:
•••
Less security IMO

It's decentralized and more secure than your bank. you have to use secure password and should follow few security tips just like ATM pin.

Volatile is good for me (holder). I sold a domain for 1 bitcoin (@ $3500) and now it's worth $7500+.

I got 2X profit on the sold domain name. If you are afraid of negative / dump price, just sell btc immediately once you received or don't use bitcoin payout.

Holder's or smart investors only prefer Bitcoin payout to hold more.

100% it's risk and there is a chance for your money value go to $0.

Understand the risks and rewards before use it.

Jmo.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back