Escrow.com is going down the drain | Unprofessional behaviour

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NetworkPearl

Top Member
Impact
Hi,

Please read this in detail:

I've been using escrow for many years and it had always been my only escrow service. But, now I'm having severe issues with them and it seems they are run by a team of idiots, and have the worst, and the stupidest support system I've ever experienced.

What happened:

In the beginning of August 2020 I bought a 5-fig domain let's call it Domain1. I paid through wire transfer and also the $25 payment processing i.e the usual procedure. Some days later, escrow received payment and then they say they are $32.79 short. I didn't hesitate to pay the short amount since I didn't want any delays and I thought it was just an exception. I paid them through PayPal. Transaction closed. Rest everything went on smoothly.

I bought another domain in mid August for 5 figs let's call it Domain2. I paid through wire transfer and also the $25 payment processing i.e the usual procedure. Everything went on smoothly. No payment shortage whatsoever.

I also bought domain3 in around mid August for 4 figs and also domain4 for 4 figs. I sent wire transfer for both and also the $25 payment processing fee. Then I got notified few days later that funds for both are short. domain3 was $32.04 USD short and domain4 $32.34 short. This was very odd and after 3 lengthy discussions with my bank they told me that issue is on escrow's side. I contacted escrow and also sent them wire transfer receipts.

Some days later I get an email that domain3 payment has been secured and seller has to transfer the domain to me (earlier they said it was short). This means that payment wasn't short and the issuers from escrow's side (they always blamed my bank) and rest everything went fine with domain3.

I also waited for domain4 payment confirmation but escrow was silent. After contacting them they told me that payment is still $32.34 short. I called them 3 times to explain them that this is not possible but their support was making stupid and irrelevant claims. I called my bank again and they once again told me that everything went somoothly from their side and issue is with escrow. Calling my bank costed my around $50 since I'm out of country.

So eventually I asked escrowto send me payment details and that I could pay the short amount through my card. Few days Silence and no response. I contact them again and next day they send me PayPal invoice of $7.34 ( previous they said $32.34 was short) even though I had told them that I cannot send PayPal anymore.

So I asked my good friend @AbdulBasit.com for a favour and he helped me pay the short PayPal amount for domain4. I provided escrow his escrow account email (his escrow account and paypal are 100% verified) and also his PayPal email address but next day I receive this email:

------------------------

Hello (my name),

After further review of this transaction, it shows that we receive the funds through a third party - 3rd party: (Abdul's PayPal account) . If this is a company transaction, you may simply add the company name to your escrow account. If not, Kindly confirm if this company's relationship to the transaction by creating their own escrow.com account and undergo our Basic and Company Verification process.

You also need to complete our Personal and Company Verification procedure. Please see this overview of our KYC/Verification procedure. Go to: www.escrow.com/verify Personal : Requires verifying as an 'Individual' - 1.) Uploading a clear, readable, and color copy of your government issued ID. 2.) A clear, readable, and color copy of a utility bill or bank statement that has your name and address on it and reflects what is stated in your Escrow.com profile. COMPANY: Verifying as a 'Company' - (ONLY required if you have a company listed in your Escrow profile) 3.) Uploading a clear, readable, and color copy of the Company's articles of Incorporation. For more information https://www.escrow.com/support/company-verification. Kindly provide us their email address once verified, we can link their account to this transaction in order to proceed.

Your wire also came into our Payments Department $25.00 short. Please reply to this email indicating how you wish to submit the difference so that we can approve the funds for this transaction. You may now have the option to send the shortage amount either Wire Transfer or Credit card (if the amount is below $1000.00)

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask away. I'd be happy to help.

Kind regards,

------------------

I told them numerous times (both on email and chat support) that the payment was sent by Abdul Basit who already is verified but then they gave me the copy paste stupid response. Then few days later they email me saying that the PayPal payment has been verified but transaction is still short even though I paid the full invoice of $7.34.

Then they email me saying, that $25 is still short. If this was the case, why would they send me a final invoice of $7.34 stating that's the short amount?

Now they're saying that must be an issue and are checking this again. At the same time the seller of domain4 is really disappointed and wants to cancel the transaction. I too am highly dissatisfied and can't understand what's going on and what to do now.

Are they scamming or what?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not to defend Escrow, but

Ever heard about Skype calls? That may help you to save a lot of money.
Maybe they have walkie talkies and monitor channel 14?
Ya most of us have heard of skype, i’ll ask my bank on friday if they accept skype calls
On topic, where is poster boy @Jackson Elsegood to address these concerns.

Last edited:
•••
Now I just got an email from the seller of Domain4 that he wants to cancel the escrow sale now.

No response from escrow. This is pathetic and utterly disappointing.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Greed is not always good.

(see Wall street movie)

•••
@NetworkPearl, we're sorry to hear about this experience. Thanks for letting us know about this.

Know that we do not take this feedback lightly and we'd like to investigate the transactions you mentioned. We sent you a private message here to confirm the specific transaction details. Looking forward to hearing from you.

•••
@NetworkPearl, we're sorry to hear about this experience. Thanks for letting us know about this.

Know that we do not take this feedback lightly and we'd like to investigate the transactions you mentioned. We sent you a private message here to confirm the specific transaction details. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Pmed

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back