question Why did .CO not do well (as expected)?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

domainerfella

DN.DOMAINSTop Member
Impact
882
I always had this doubt. Being short and cute version of .com, it was only worth for the hype.

Wikipedia page talks about the hype and tech companies flocking to .CO reminds me of .IO

Doesn't this mean .COM is so engraved to the netizen's heart and it is going to be the same forever?

Thoughts?
 
2
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
As soon as general availability opened I registered my last name to use as an email address. Unfortunately, all it caused was confusion. Even if I wrote it down on a form, people would correct it for me and add the 'm' that I 'forgot'. I ended up getting my cctld version a couple years later and have since had no issues.
that's the point.
 
0
•••
The ones that succeeded were those category-killers that'd do well no matter the extension (or lemme change that: "would have done well in any extension prior to the gang-rape wave of pointless extensions we have now). The other .co's that sold well came with assets ie websites.
 
3
•••
The ones that succeeded were those category-killers that'd do well no matter the extension (or lemme change that: "would have done well in any extension prior to the gang-rape wave of pointless extensions we have now). The other .co's that sold well came with assets ie websites.
Couldn't agree more.
 
1
•••
I made a HUGE mistake and got 4 .co's

Silverware.co
Silvercoins.co
VRHeadsets.co
CordBank.co

I have tried to sell on NP, Sedo, Flippa, AfterNic, eBay, FreeMarket and DNS....

ZERO (0) inquires, and i can't even sell for reg price! haha... .co is a waste of good money

The proof is in the pudding as they say....
 
3
•••
Not really. You have a bunch of really bad .co's, thus it's no surprise no one wants them.

I saw a bulk sale on Flippa not long ago. It was for 10 LLL.co's. The entire lot sold for $200/$20 a domain. Conversely, I sold one a month back for $200.

It isn't that ".co sucks." You just have to have something worth owning.

I made a HUGE mistake and got 4 .co's

Silverware.co
Silvercoins.co
VRHeadsets.co
CordBank.co

I have tried to sell on NP, Sedo, Flippa, AfterNic, eBay, FreeMarket and DNS....

ZERO (0) inquires, and i can't even sell for reg price! haha... .co is a waste of good money

The proof is in the pudding as they say....
 
0
•••
Not really. You have a bunch of really bad .co's, thus it's no surprise no one wants them.

I saw a bulk sale on Flippa not long ago. It was for 10 LLL.co's. The entire lot sold for $200/$20 a domain. Conversely, I sold one a month back for $200.

It isn't that ".co sucks." You just have to have something worth owning.

Opinions are like...

Wow! a whopping $200 sale! haha thanks for proving my point.. .co is near worthless unless you got a one word .co and even then... $200 is a joke.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
1.) $200 proves my point/debunks yours.

2.) Your domains likely could never sell for $1 combined, so where is this egotism of yours coming from?

3.) You otherwise missed the sales report of some .co or you're really just dense.I think it's both :)

sex.co isn't worth $100. Totally regfee. Same with cars.co . Yep all .co is worthless. Sure
;)

Opinions are like...

Wow! a whopping $200 sale! haha thanks for proving my point.. .co is near worthless unless you got a one word .co and even then... $200 is a joke.
 
0
•••
@Archangel Go away.. Your just a negative person. Good thing there is an ignore button and i don't have to see your rude remarks.

Good riddance!

Oh, and i already said my .co were worthless. that was my point.

Cant stand people like YOU.

Cheers!
 
0
•••
I did sold emag.co on sedo.com for $1,500. Short one word or 3 and 4 letter premium brandables are in demand.

After almost 5 years, I'm starting to sell some .co's
 
2
•••
I did sold emag.co on sedo.com for $1,500. Short one word or 3 and 4 letter premium brandables are in demand.

After almost 5 years, I'm starting to sell some .co's

Congrats.. but I wonder if this company bought their own name in .co?

http://www.emag.com/
 
0
•••
0
•••
com is 30 yrs, and .co is only 5yrs newborn , give it some time, and intime it will be the best domain ever
 
0
•••
1
•••
I registered a few .co names during the NC .99 promo.. but I'm gonna let them drop.. don't need 'em.. and definitely don't need to pay $25 bucks to renew them
What do you mean with the NC .99 promo. What registrar is that ?
And when did that occur??
 
0
•••
What do you mean with the NC .99 promo. What registrar is that ?
And when did that occur??

Namecheap .99 cent .co domains right now.. you need university e-mail addresses.. I have about 7 university e-mail addresses.. :D

Also, back in March Namecheap was running a promo for .co domains for .99 cents for anybody.. but I'm sure that finished already.. they NC's Twitter.. it was on there.
 
1
•••
Namecheap .99 cent .co domains right now.. you need university e-mail addresses.. I have about 7 university e-mail addresses.. :D

Also, back in March Namecheap was running a promo for .co domains for .99 cents for anybody.. but I'm sure that finished already.. they NC's Twitter.. it was on there.
I missed that window 99cent is cheap !
 
0
•••
Made my money back and then some selling E V A . Co. Had some other killers, but let most of them go by now. I don't believe Neustar is a good daddy to .co. They are preoccupied. Unfortunately most any investor money is restless, and there is always a better deal. .Co should have kept on grinding the startup community.
 
1
•••
again, I would like to reiterate my first point.. make .co the same price as .com and you've got a winner.. :) .co would be a nice alternative to .com for the long-term IF ONLY .co renewals were not 2 - 3x or more the price of .com
 
2
•••
again, I would like to reiterate my first point.. make .co the same price as .com and you've got a winner.. :) .co would be a nice alternative to .com for the long-term IF ONLY .co renewals were not 2 - 3x or more the price of .com
sure thing, 25usd reseller price for revewals is tooo high
 
0
•••
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

More data. Your data. See what is new
Major update
We have made a number of features available to provide sellers more data for their domains and inquiries, and greater access to the data...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back