Domain Empire

.co Another .co Thread! (Sales over .COMs)

NameSilo
Watch

BrandChimp

Life is short. Get up and make yours better. ChimpTop Member
Impact
Hi all!

Yes its another .co thread.. But its time to talk about it!

The future of the internet is in hands of the new GTLDs.
Im not saying that they will destroy the reputation of the .com.

Okay, Im talking going to talk about Sedo Average Sale Prices of the .COs

.com average sale price: $ 2,053
.co average sale price: $ 2,486
Prices are from 1/1/13-6/30/13

I own a CVCV.co and a HUGE company is using the .com version as a redirect. Its a One Word Domain Name.

Im not asking for appraisal here!

Im just asking if you guys think that .co will worth same or even more than .COMs if the .com version is taken. This could mean that your End Users won't have another choice to get a premium clean extention than buy your .CO.

Exemple:
(TheBestName).com is not planning to sell the name.
You Own the .CO. End users will pay .com's price, more or less?

Forget about TradeMarks, Im talking about Real One Words (any country).

:)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry dude but its going to take forever and a day before dot co's have any real value. Not saying it will not happen but expect to wait a while. As far as your average sale prices for dot co's and com's for the first half of the year how many sales were included for each in that average? If I had to guess I would say there is a lot more dot com's included, take the top 500 listed sales of each and let me know what you come up with. When it comes to cvcv names if you have anything outside of the dot com then 99.999 percent of the time its a reg fee name at best and the remaining ones either are not for sale or were aquired in the landrush period for that extension and being held for a price that is not worth paying. Forget about what is on the dot com it will not increase value of any other extension. Last but not least if you think any of these new extensions are going to make resellers rich then I suggest going to ihub.com get familiar with the phrase "pump and dump" along with "bagholder". A lot of that will be going on in the domaining industry here very soon. Most of the worlds population doesnt know hardly any extension outside of the dot com and that isnt going to change soon.

•••
i think i know which name you are talking about.. i'd say it can be of interest to a small/mid size company in that niche, there are lots i believe.. i would email them all and ask for $1,000-2,000

but in no way can you expect the price to be anywhere close to corresponding .com.. not only in this particular case but marketwide. and the fact that .com is not for sale hardly adds any value to .co - remember that it's only from domainers point of view any business "has no choice" other than buying keyword domains related to their business in every extension they can afford.. that's not true - most of the time they do not need any domains and do not want to buy yours. which in 99% of cases is absolutely rational and correct decision :)

as to sales averages - that's simple phenomenon: most of .co sales are strong 1 keyword names, the rest is not sellable. Those "premium" .co names get $2,xxx on average indeed. While in .com there is strong market for different types of names including cheap and so-so names - hence average prices
To compare correctly you need to take same quality name sales from both extensions.. just as domainscp mentioned: take 100 or more top year sales in both tld and you'll see the difference

imho

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back