Dynadot

discuss Why buyer requests posted are so angry ?

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

domain12345

Established Member
Impact
Have been going through the buyer requests...some buyers are paying usd 1 to 10 per domain and very agressively and angrily shunning their criteria...and still i see Pm

Is domaining become that bad for some that they are deal to sell for crap names to these rude buyers...or is it a trend domain buyers have too much choice so bragging their demands?

I wonder people paying usd 8 for hand regs ...are forced to liquidate for usd 1...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There is no serious domainers out there, only poor students from 3rd world countries.

•••
•••
I am not 100% sure what you are saying, but if you are asking why people are setting tiny budgets? It's always been that way.

People want your names cheap and to sell their names for a lot. Domaining101.

I remember years ago @biggie was always the first to say, get lost with you are a reseller so give me your names cheap.

There is an art to navigating through this business.

Most people in domains wanted threads, are looking to find uneducated or desperate domainers. Someone who might have picked up a decent two worder in a new trend that has not made a sale and will sell a name for $10 just to make a sale or pay for another renewal.

There are a few serious buyers who have real money and spend real money, they get frustrated by the other side of the coin, people who have diluted the word premium to mean nothing. People that don't understand .COM only. They get pm's like, "Hey bro I know you clearly said .com only, but I think .xyz really has the chance to be the next big generic extension so I got Fobobo.xyz, let me know bro."

Then there are some people who are just fishing for ideas, they aren't buying anything, they want to see what's being regged in crypto and then see what suffix or prefix they can add as a hand reg.

Either side of the coin, buyer or seller, you have to approach it like you have a metal detector and a big beach, you might walk for hours finding slugs and bottle wrappers before you eventually find a gold coin or a diamond ring.

You have to ask yourself if the juice is worth the squeeze?

•••
Well to the point...I am sure most of ones with little experience wont sell a usd 10 hand reg for 1...I meant some buyer requests mention your post will be reported if not matching exact criteria....or I am only looking for usd 1 to 5 dollar deals dont msg any higher priced ones or you will be reported as spam....and still people are Pm these posts

•••
The potential buyers are posting extremely low offers and most all the potential sellers are direct messaging them with garbage that isn’t even worth the low offer.

•••
Well to the point...I am sure most of ones with little experience wont sell a usd 10 hand reg for 1...I meant some buyer requests mention your post will be reported if not matching exact criteria....or I am only looking for usd 1 to 5 dollar deals dont msg any higher priced ones or you will be reported as spam....and still people are Pm these posts

Well yes that became a trend, people do not want pms that don't match their request.

And I agree with that, if you think someone is delusional move along. But see a lot of people can't, people want to pm, I know your budget is $1 to $5 but I think that's nuts, so I got these for $200. And yes you are going to get reported and Namepros is going to give warning points, it's simple reading acumen.

The thing about domain wanted threads, no one is looking for your opinion, they are looking for your names that match their criteria.

Look I think there are many delusional threads, I post on Twitter when you are in need of comedy, Domain Wanted Threads never disappoint, but I do agree if someone is asking for something you either send what they are looking for or move on to the next thread.

I have written this before, but years ago I remember someone had a thread and they gave examples like coloranimal.com, fruitverb.com etc... I was like cool, one of the examples I actually own. I pm it, not interested thanks. hahahahahahaha

•••
•••
"Hey bro I know you clearly said .com only, but I think .xyz really has the chance to be the next big generic extension so I got Fobobo.xyz, let me know bro."
I only have two rules in domaining:

1) Never do business with people that uses the word "bro"
2) Never forget rule #1

•••
One thing that really amazes me is "buyers" requesting domains for $1-5, and worst of all, there are actually some people apparently responding. Even if I had a crap domain that's expiring tomorrow, I wouldn't go to the bother of pushing it for a lousy $2. And usually the buyers are requiring that these $2 domains have at least X months left before expiration.

It often seems the lower the budget, the more particular the buyer's requirements. The one guy the other day wanted 1 word .coms with a $70 budget AND he required CPC and traffic stats AND closing by escrow.com. LOL What planet are they from???

•••
it's simple reading
BINGO!

Unfortunately, a lot of the "PM sent" will be from those who either only read the title and/or don't have a firm grasp of English.

•••
•••
There is a new one already...
He is looking for a 1 word .com only and it has to be catchy. Budget 1k-2k

•••
Hello,

We are looking for a great one word domain for a project. That should be unique and catchy with spelling. Like e.g: stud, rammed, hotdog etc. It should be a great one word and must be aged. Also we prefer only .com

Budget $1-2k
Payment method : PayPal/Escrow

Must be an unique

Start sending guys. I request do not send any annoying newly registered or non matching names.
Also mention your reasonable price along with the domain while sending.

Thanks
The title says brandable, but gives examples of dictionary words?

•••
I get notifications of request threads. 75% of them are delusional and not worth answering. The ones especially annoying are those want a domain for less than you bought it for. 1 to 5 bucks really?😳😈 I will let them drop thanks very much. They pay more on the aftermarket but expect freebies here.

On the other side of the coin when I request with small but reasonable budget I get crappy names sent. Makes me wish I had huge budget just to see if they still send the bad ones. 😂

•••
I am not 100% sure what you are saying, but if you are asking why people are setting tiny budgets? It's always been that way.

People want your names cheap and to sell their names for a lot. Domaining101.

I remember years ago @biggie was always the first to say, get lost with you are a reseller so give me your names cheap.

There is an art to navigating through this business.

Most people in domains wanted threads, are looking to find uneducated or desperate domainers. Someone who might have picked up a decent two worder in a new trend that has not made a sale and will sell a name for $10 just to make a sale or pay for another renewal.

There are a few serious buyers who have real money and spend real money, they get frustrated by the other side of the coin, people who have diluted the word premium to mean nothing. People that don't understand .COM only. They get pm's like, "Hey bro I know you clearly said .com only, but I think .xyz really has the chance to be the next big generic extension so I got Fobobo.xyz, let me know bro."

Then there are some people who are just fishing for ideas, they aren't buying anything, they want to see what's being regged in crypto and then see what suffix or prefix they can add as a hand reg.

Either side of the coin, buyer or seller, you have to approach it like you have a metal detector and a big beach, you might walk for hours finding slugs and bottle wrappers before you eventually find a gold coin or a diamond ring.

You have to ask yourself if the juice is worth the squeeze?
You said it all

•••
Yep so true...I dont know what buyers are thinking...everyone out here is to make a profit on a investment...least they deserve is atleast to get back the hand reg fees of usd 8 or whatever....not 1 or 5 usd...no matter if its a bulk buyer throwing his weight around with his purchasing power of Usd 150 or 200 for 100 domains....10 yrs aged , 1 word , niche..thousands of searches...etc..I mean WHAATT ? seriously

And this kind of posts are filling more than half the forum..

Its strange warning sellers to only contact with xyz criteria...but looking for deals....its just like wanting to buy a Usd 1M mansion for Usd 100000 as a deal....:) and expecting to buy it off at that price and sell it for 1M...

•••
One thing that really amazes me is "buyers" requesting domains for $1-5, and worst of all, there are actually some people apparently responding. Even if I had a crap domain that's expiring tomorrow, I wouldn't go to the bother of pushing it for a lousy $2. And usually the buyers are requiring that these $2 domains have at least X months left before expiration.

It often seems the lower the budget, the more particular the buyer's requirements. The one guy the other day wanted 1 word .coms with a $70 budget AND he required CPC and traffic stats AND closing by escrow.com. LOL What planet are they from???

Lots of Pm..means people are still desperate to sell...and that drops the domaining value..

•••
Yep so true...I dont know what buyers are thinking...everyone out here is to make a profit on a investment...least they deserve is atleast to get back the hand reg fees of usd 8 or whatever....not 1 or 5 usd...no matter if its a bulk buyer throwing his weight around with his purchasing power of Usd 150 or 200 for 100 domains....10 yrs aged , 1 word , niche..thousands of searches...etc..I mean WHAATT ? seriously

And this kind of posts are filling more than half the forum..

Its strange warning sellers to only contact with xyz criteria...but looking for deals....its just like wanting to buy a Usd 1M mansion for Usd 100000 as a deal....:) and expecting to buy it off at that price and sell it for 1M...

Well a lot of it is vulture investing, people are looking to get lucky from the uneducated or the desperate.

It used to be worse, when I was a mod I was the one the said to Eric let's do away with XX or XXX and that budget must be in $$$$$ because it was too vague, is XX $10 or $99, xxx gets worse most meant $100 but they would get pms at $999.

I want to be clear there are people here that do follow through, and spend money, I know @kriss05 @Nat Hunt @L2 Media and many more have been buyers with realistic budgets, and do buy. It's just you are on a forum where everyone is a seller, so it's hard to get optimal pricing and deals unless it's a premium name, or a liquidation.

•••
There have always been unrealistic buyers. However, there are also serious buyers who no matter how specific get flooded with irrelevant crap.

If your budget is say $100 - $5000 you can rest assured every crap domain is going to come in priced at $5000.

You can say 1-2 word .COM only and you will get offers like LowMortgageRates.xyz.
You can ask for easily pronounceable LLLL .com and you will get XZYH.com

I have not posted a WTB thread in awhile because of that. Maybe I will give it a shot.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
There have always been unrealistic buyers. However, there are also serious buyers who no matter how specific get flooded with irrelevant crap.

If your budget is say $100 - $5000 you can rest assured every crap domain is going to come in priced at $5000.

You can say 1-2 word .COM only and you will get offers like LowMortgageRates.xyz.

I have not posted a WTB thread in awhile because of that. Maybe I will give it a shot.

Brad

Well Brad if you do take the time to report off topic posts, it does seem the people who add that get less off topic posts. Because who wants to get suspended or banned for sending too many off topic domain requests.

•••
Just don't do business with people like these who threaten us saying your post will be reported if not matching exact criteria....or I am only looking for usd 1 to 5 dollar deals dont msg any higher priced ones or you will be reported as spam.. blah blah.. that means they don't have energy to have a look other suitable domains people have.. we need to double think abt our domain before sending them. Sometimes the buyers may miss good domains as well as we don't send them thinking they are irrelevant and report us if we send us..

•••

Brad

I guess Brad the issue is that anyone and everyone is jumping into domain reselling and hoping to flip 50× their investment just like a game of luck...so that leads to crappy hand regs and expired domains which no auction gets any interest..and these names are then being circulated for big cash which is undervaluing the domain market

There are so many videos on youtube ...become a millionaire or get rich flipping domains buying a usd 10 domain...and its a fantasy world after that.

•••
I would rather not submit bargain names as easier to drop and concentrate on a name you can get some numbers for. I usually read criteria of want it for nothing.

•••
Well a lot of it is vulture investing, people are looking to get lucky from the uneducated or the desperate.
I would call that trashbin investing. Domainers do not value their time like they should, whether they are buying and selling. You just don't waste your time pushing names over and over for a few dollars. That sounds a lot like the sunk cost fallacy.
Ditto when you're buying, are you making profitable use of your time and money when the names are in fact worth not more than a few dollars and will probably be dropped the very next year.

I can understand that a newbie would liquidate expiring names for a few dollars to get his feet wet and build a trader rating on NP. But this is not a profitable activity. At some point you need to grow up (preferably fast).

People on both sides of the fence need to raise the bar high enough for themselves and engage in transactions that deliver added value.

When you throw peanuts at people, you get monkey replies.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back