IT.COM

So many buyer requests for peanuts..are you selling ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domain12345

Established Member
Impact
Hello

I am seeing so many buyer requests asking for premium and high value domains for usd 10 and usd 100 in bulk and throwaway prices.

are Domainers selling their good domains so less ?

lets discuss...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am noticing these types of requests more and more now. Often posted by a "new member" on their first day on NP! Of course they haven't bothered to properly read the forum rules and will grandly post in the category of budget "Over $5000", and then in the listing say they are looking to pay "$1 to $10".

Short answer, no, I'm not submitting any names at those prices...

•••
as i said, domaining world were just like thick forest, a lot of predator around ready to prey on you LOL

•••
If you are lucky you can get a premium domain.

(Though it is very difficult to resist myself to start that kind of request but I resisted myself thinking it will be a bad idea)

•••
Tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme, Newbie and Domains.

But seriously, sometimes it's a new person who truly doesn't have an idea, $400 for a 3L.com is not looking for a bargain, it's delusional and shows you have no understanding of the business, analogous to walking into a Ferrari dealership with $8,000 yelling, "Look I got cash in hand, do you want to do a deal? Let's go!"

That is too well known of a niche, one of the few niches that possess liquidity, it has no chance of succeeding, this is Namepros, not hi I worked at a company that went bankrupt and don't know domain names have value, I was told to put on Sedo or is it Ceedo and they suggested $2,000.

There is no chance for a miraculous outlier of that proportion here.

Now there are other beauties like, looking for a first name .com I got $50, who is ready to do business?

The bigger problem with these threads for the thread starter is it reflects poorly on them, there are some members here who will place that person on ignore, others will see the person as delusional or a troll and never look at their threads.

Then there are the threads that the budget per name is less than the reg fee of an exotic cctld. I guess the play here is someone has given up and will be happy to just get a few dollars back.

When I was a mod, I looked over domains wanted threads, I was the one who suggested to Eric that we get rid of xxx, because is it $100 or $999? Thankfully he listened.

I now think the budget $1 to $5,000 is a joke. Either you want names that trade in $3,000 to $5,000 range or you want bargain basement names. Some people put the higher price so they will never be called out for having low asking prices, they are never paying $5,000 for a name here.

We all want bargains, a bargain was NMD.com for $15,000 on GoDaddy, a great bargain IMO, but it's not hitting the lotto bargain, like $400 for a 3L.com.

Last edited:
•••
Strangely, there are not one but many posts, blunt and to the point, single word domains for usd 500 , any higher quote pm message will be deleted , bulk domain buys for $1 to $10 for each.. i mean is this serious ? and so many PMs in the thread.. this is a big impact on domain scene.

•••
not me, you have a crap budget expect crap names

•••
Strangely, there are not one but many posts, blunt and to the point, single word domains for usd 500 , any higher quote pm message will be deleted , bulk domain buys for $1 to $10 for each.. i mean is this serious ? and so many PMs in the thread.. this is a big impact on domain scene.

Oh over the years there have been thousands of posts like that. Some like to troll, some are new have no idea legitimately, and others like getting people to make posts like this, it gives them an odd sense of pleasure.

•••
bulk domain buys for $1 to $10 for each
Most domainer domains end up deleted (I'll bet 98%). Sometimes people have fire sales. I once paid $100 for a .com portfolio of 500 domains and sold them individually on eBay. They were crappy. I think my average profit on them was something like $2-3.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back