NameSilo

PayPal spoof emails.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domain4u

We Buy We SellVIP Member
Impact
OK, i was just in contact with paypal a few mins ago, just got off the phone. It seems some Stupid guy from russia, well not very stupid! has sent over 150,000 emails from [email protected] and [email protected]

These are all fake, the moment anyone gets that email look in the bottom, you will see a link that asks you to confim your paypal account which leads to somewhere COMPLETE diffrent!

Please reort it to [email protected] asap when you get it, along with the ip.

I have already forwarded all the emails he has sent and ended up on my inbox... he is on the way of being traced by the police in russia.

So anything you get that is NOT from paypal.com or .co.uk forward it DIRECTLY to [email protected] and they will sort it out.

I don't know how these email accounts of paypal holders were leacked but it is being stopped.

I will take a screenshot of emails sent (there are 2 types,) so people know what to watch out for.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
paypal emails are not leaked there just generated. i always get other bank emails that i dont even have all the time. most people online have paypal accounts so :).

•••
They'll never track down all these guys... they do the same thing for banks, eBay, brokerage accounts, etc, etc.

Death to phishers! >:(

•••
Surprisingly some of these site are hosted at yahoo servers.

For sure death to these phishers >:(

•••
I received a few of these of late, as well ... and sent them as you did to the Paypal address: [email protected]

What SCARES me the most ... is that I recognized the "fake" domains, etc. right of the bat, but like my Mom and Pops and all their friends, my Gramps, relatives, etc., etc. they would have NO CLUE about this stuff and proll'y click away, IMHO. :|

I bet TONS of folks get screwed by these scammers ... and when I try to follow-up on any of these with Paypal, my distinct impression is that my one little scam / spam Email received was literally amongst tens of 1,000's - that day alone! :'(

Freaking scarey! D-:

Be careful, friends.
-Jeff B-)

•••
i didn't recieved any spam emails from paypal yet but i might get soon.

•••
domain4u said:
I don't know how these email accounts of paypal holders were leacked but it is being stopped.
Oh, that's an easy one. Pay Pals mind numbing ignorance with respect to security and privacy make these addresses readily available to any scammer who wants them.

•••
I've only had one spoof email for paypal, but the ip was traced to India. Maybe the guy in Russia uses some proxies?

•••
Thanks For The warning !

Virtua

•••
I just had one of those darn things - so annoying

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back