NameSilo

advice Who is your target - End User? Domainers? Stop buying garbage

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I will be the first to admit that I have bought some really bad names in the past - really bad. I will not renew them and many have fallen off.

Who is your target? Stop buying garbage and start putting your money into something that will sell. I get lists of names daily from people wanting me to buy their junk and I don't think they realize its junk.

How do you know if your name is garbage:
  • Would you buy it?
  • Who is the end user?
  • What will an end user do with the name?
If you cant answer those questions you have garbage - here is my latest list from a user:
BestBuyout.com
BlacksGifts.com
FashionAreas.com
HairFail.com
InsuranceDebts.com
InsuranceEstate.com
MorePins.com
ReviewMotors.com
ShopYart.com

Just because 2 names have a meaning alone doesn't mean it has a real value slapped together.

Who is the end user for these names? What domainer would buy these names?

Just my opinion - think about who is going to buy what you are regsitering

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ah - great question.
  • I did shame myself
  • When I ask for domains to buy with clear instructions why send me garbage?
  • If you send me names unsolicited why send me garbage?
  • If you read what I posted you will see I am attempting to help people make better decisions.

No one has the right nor enough knowledge to characterize any domain name as garbage. I have sold a domain some people called garbage for $16,500, and another for $5,950. So, who really knows it all?

I think you're coming off a little bit arrogant, trying to defend your indefensible action. Why would you share publicly domains that was shared to you privately - junk or not? You may try to defend your action all you want but it says a lot about you, and trying to defend yourself makes it even worse.

If you want to help people make better decisions as you said, use your own garbage. Posting someone else', makes you same.

Last edited:
•••
No one has the right nor enough knowledge to characterize any domain name as garbage. I have sold a domain some people called garbage for $16,500, and another for $5,950. So, who really knows it all?

I think you're coming off a little bit arrogant, trying to defend your indefensible action. Why would you share publicly domains that was shared to you privately - junk or not? You may try to defend your action all you want but it says a lot about you, and trying to defend yourself makes it even worse.

If you want to help people make better decisions as you said, use your own garbage. Posting someone else', makes you same.

meanwhile:
its time to focus on the educational part of that story
don't you think so?

somebody may want to add information
??

•••
•••
meanwhile:
don't you think so?

somebody may want to add information
??
There is absolutely no education there whatsoever. That's not how to educate

•••
•••
...do you mean posting more private messages?

actually the OP thread was not about
if posting PM is politically correct or not

there is another thread to cover that topic

•••
actually the OP thread was not about
if posting PM is politically correct or not

..since this thread started out from posting PMs i just wanted to make it clear if you are requesting more information like that?

somebody may want to add information??

anyone got some educating PMs recently?

•••
..since this thread started out from posting PMs i just wanted to make it clear if you are requesting more information like that?
anyone got some educating PMs recently?

ok so we all understand I guess
at least I do
some people are p**ssed of about OPs attitude

so what?
I don't care - how you feel about it
pay a therapist

I am interested in knowing everything somebody want's to share
who has done a great deal

and in this case via outbound marketing
and negotiation

I am very interested

He may eventually reveal something that is useful
that I can clone in my marketing

and if I read parts, I don't like
I don't care either, I just move on
( talking about OP posts - not your comments .. )

and if it turns out
that eventually I need to become an *hole to succeed
in outbound sales
tell me more..

Last edited:
•••
and if it turns out
that eventually you need to be an ass*hole to succeed
in outbound sales
teach me!

...you are making a lot of progress already :)

•••
•••
Come on guys, you need to take life as the coconut drops.

My new catch phrase. :)

•••
Positives, negatives , conflicts, drama, all in one thread

You guys are superstars, hollywood level

Good read, thank you

•••
Irrespective of what has been directed towards the op, op's attitude and other issues, one achievement of this thread has been to surface or incite conflict and friction between other members..

•••
so success = you can accept egocentric attitude?
But offcourse. why would i take egocentric chaotic narcissistic behaviour from someone with not that much success?

•••
Why do I have to change my personality to suite you? Why do I need to change at all? You can block me at anytime.

As far as knowing more about domains than me - great. Your knowledge is doing what? That's like having a Doctorate in literature and quoting Shakespeare while working the deep fryer. Knowledge is useles without action
I encouraged you to change your tone towards the NP community. Your tone sounds a bit off thats all(and hence all the reactions). I wont block you. I have no personal issue with you. You just dont want to accept your problem- you're individualistic, and NP is a "team" environment. Tbh your threads are partly interesting and funny, and partly frustrating. But am choosing more to enjoy the chaos and clashes you initiate here. I mostly in vest in .in domains, build portfolios of that for some people, watch market trends and enjoy the domain name "business"in general.

•••
Thank you for the information because many of the people purchase domains which are of no use.

•••
Would it not be useful to try to turn names that people think are of no use into something useful. This is the experiment I am conducting with AsTheCoconutDrops.com at the moment. It doesn't really take much more effort to develop the site, than it takes to post on a couple of forums. Of course you need to have the imagination to think of the concept, but there are a lot of members here with creative ideas.

Of course some names really are rubbish. :)

•••
Would it not be useful to try to turn names that people think are of no use into something useful. This is the experiment I am conducting with AsTheCoconutDrops.com at the moment. It doesn't really take much more effort to develop the site, than it takes to post on a couple of forums. Of course you need to have the imagination to think of the concept, but there are a lot of members here with creative ideas.

you really waste your time doing so
unless your useless name is g oo g le

•••
you really waste your time doing so
unless your useless name is g oo g le
It's less effort to add content to a basic site, and include some sponsor banners, than it is to post on some forums. Which one is a waste of time? I think both of them can provide some relaxation, and are less of a waste of time than watching television.

•••

Yup according to the domain king Rick Schwartz the majority are Pigeon Shit.

That said.... Then I've made some pretty good money selling fertilizer. :xf.grin:

•••
So would "as the pigeon poo drops" be a better name than "as the coconut drops" then? :)

•••
Yup according to the domain king Rick Schwartz the majority are Pigeon sh*t.

That said.... Then I've made some pretty good money selling fertilizer. :xf.grin:

you're selling names ... that means you're in the top 1% Sir

Last edited:
•••
It's less effort to add content to a basic site, and include some sponsor banners, than it is to post on some forums. Which one is a waste of time? I think both of them can provide some relaxation, and are less of a waste of time than watching television.

you are still wasting your time
as you could easily do so with a better name instead

•••
So would "as the pigeon poo drops" be a better name than "as the coconut drops" then? :)

I really like your quote, its very original.

I also like Pigeon Shit Names because I was able to pick it up and Rick Schwartz has Pigeon Shit Domains. I could not believe it was available on a hand reg.

Where the heck is the happy dance emoticon??????

In the end what matters is not what anyone says about your domains.... sales count.... money talks, bullshit walks.

•••
Again - I am here to help people - your opinion is of no value to me in any way. Why are you still here? Keep feeding the beast. I should have sold hatred.com to you?
Could he afford it?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back