IT.COM

advice Who is your target - End User? Domainers? Stop buying garbage

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I will be the first to admit that I have bought some really bad names in the past - really bad. I will not renew them and many have fallen off.

Who is your target? Stop buying garbage and start putting your money into something that will sell. I get lists of names daily from people wanting me to buy their junk and I don't think they realize its junk.

How do you know if your name is garbage:
  • Would you buy it?
  • Who is the end user?
  • What will an end user do with the name?
If you cant answer those questions you have garbage - here is my latest list from a user:
BestBuyout.com
BlacksGifts.com
FashionAreas.com
HairFail.com
InsuranceDebts.com
InsuranceEstate.com
MorePins.com
ReviewMotors.com
ShopYart.com

Just because 2 names have a meaning alone doesn't mean it has a real value slapped together.

Who is the end user for these names? What domainer would buy these names?

Just my opinion - think about who is going to buy what you are regsitering

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Undeveloped domain names are potential dreams. To sell them. you need to imagine the dream, and then find the right dreamer.
So, We are all dreaming? Including domainers that record sales almost every week? Consistent sales is a reality IMO

•••
So, We are all dreaming? Including domainers that record sales almost every week? Consistent sales is a reality IMO

Did you not stop to think about my post? It was about end users not domainers. Until a name is developed, it is just another log of wood waiting to be turned into a table or a chair. To get the best price, you need to find someone who sees that log of wood as a sideboard, otherwise it just ends up being pulped, or becoming beetle food.

•••
Did you not stop to think about my post? It was about end users not domainers. Until a name is developed, it is just another log of wood waiting to be turned into a table or a chair. To get the best price, you need to find someone who sees that log of wood as a sideboard, otherwise it just ends up being pulped, or becoming beetle food.
You feel offended for quoting your post? This is funny

•••

think twice my friend
people die
domain drops

no dream - hard fact

people forget to get the domain they need
no dream - hard fact

•••
im·plo·sion
imˈplōZHən/
noun
noun: implosion; plural noun: implosions
  1. an instance of something collapsing violently inward.
    "the star undergoes a violent implosion caused by gravity"
    • a sudden failure or collapse of an organization or system.
      "a global financial implosion"

•••
I don't feel offended at all. If most domainers think of domains as potatoes. then it gives me the chance to pick up a few underutilised ones.

•••
As the saying goes: every good domain is registered.

•••
Insurance debts is a usable name

Just because it is a usable name does not mean it is investment quality.

Sure, someone, sometime down the road might show some interest.

But how long will you have to wait for some interest for a name like this?

There are so many better names to invest in that will bring a better and quicker return.

•••
Just because it is a usable name does not mean it is investment quality.

Sure, someone, sometime down the road might show some interest.

But how long will you have to wait for some interest for a name like this?

There are so many better names to invest in that will bring a better and quicker return.

Well I think I said it was usable rather than anything else. If you can get it to earn $25 pa, then I think it would be worth keeping. There is a financial meltdown coming, and that type of name could increase in value. In the meantime, it should be capable of earning more than cash in the bank.

This assumes that you own the name. I don't think I would have picked it up off adrop list, mainly because I don't want to spend the time on developing a mini-site for it. Someone with a better knowledge of the industry could do a better and faster job than me.

•••
•••
I'm not really arrogant, I am just telling the truth and not pussy footing around.
I
But you do come off as arrogant. This is your 2nd or 3rd thread that is supposed to be about your sale(s) OR advice, but it looks like you want control and power. All your recent threads make you look like a control and attention freak. I have nothing against you personally, but your tone and energy keep coming off as wrong and many people feel that way, including me. And you are no expert. You've made more money than me in domains but i know for a fact you dont understand domains and the market better than me.You might have gotten a bit lucky AND negotiated very well. Be a little more humble.

•••
But you do come off as arrogant. This is your 2nd or 3rd thread that is supposed to be about your sale(s) OR advice, but it looks like you want control and power. All your recent threads make you look like a control and attention freak. I have nothing against you personally, but your tone and energy keep coming off as wrong and many people feel that way, including me. And you are no expert. You've made more money than me in domains but i know for a fact you dont understand domains and the market better than me.You might have gotten a bit lucky AND negotiated very well. Be a little more humble.

so you don't like this guy either?
https://twitter.com/DomainKing

•••
•••
I like him,but he too has a egocentric personality but his success allows him to be that way and still not be disliked much.

so success = you can accept egocentric attitude?

•••
I've just said that I'm not in a position to give any advice, even if I have made a profit in every month from my first day when I've started.
If you're not in the position to give advice, then you don't have to give it. Why criticize others from sharing or giving one? If you don't like uglydork's advice, why read it?

•••
I am thinking of expanding uglydork.com - why not I'm laid off and I don't need to pay rent or staff
Congratulation on your sales.
Thanks for sharing.

•••
If you're not in the position to give advice, then you don't have to give it. Why criticize others from sharing or giving one? If you don't like uglydork's advice, why read it?
Because just one month before he was asking everybody for advice about how to sell his names...and now hes teaching the new guys to ask for 150k for every name, they already starting asking 20k for a name regged yesterday and they will end up broke. It's like the cleaning lady it's teaching math to the students and nobody is saying anything because as you say, any advice it's good advice. If you tell them tomorrow that everybody should sell you all their names for 1$ each, nobody should say anything because you will say that any advice it's a good advice.

•••
Because just one month before he was asking everybody for advice about how to sell his names...and now hes teaching the new guys to ask for 150k for every name, they already starting asking 20k for a name regged yesterday and they will end up broke. It's like the cleaning lady it's teaching math to the students and nobody is saying anything because as you say, any advice it's good advice. If you tell them tomorrow that everybody should sell you all their names for 1$ each, nobody should say anything because you will say that any advice it's a good advice.
It doesn't matter. Great investors ask for advice. They want to see what others know, so they can learn more. They also share their success with others. You don't have to listen to him if his advice doesn't help you. It may help others.

•••

Why do I have to change my personality to suite you? Why do I need to change at all? You can block me at anytime.

As far as knowing more about domains than me - great. Your knowledge is doing what? That's like having a Doctorate in literature and quoting Shakespeare while working the deep fryer. Knowledge is useles without action

•••
I like him,but he too has a egocentric personality but his success allows him to be that way and still not be disliked much.
I was CONFIDENT before the sale
Just so everyone is aware - I am who I am - I'm not asking spineless assholes to be superheroes- I'm 52 and this has served me well my entire life

•••
so success = you can accept egocentric attitude?

I think you (not you personally) the collective"YOU" or "US" have to have a sorta egocentric personality to even think you can make it in this cut throat business. At least he's being real.

•••
so success = you can accept egocentric attitude
That is a long rambling mess

I always look for an edge and knowledge- asking advice equals learning from others just like I am attempting to do - help people

•••
It doesn't matter. Great investors ask for advice. They want to see what others know, so they can learn more. They also share their success with others. You don't have to listen to him if his advice doesn't help you. It may help others.
Yes! OMG- finally someone who gets it!

•••
Yes! OMG- finally someone who gets it!
I don't know why people cirticize your personality rather than trying to learn what you're. There's nothing wrong with what you said. Your point is tinvestors should think of enduser always when buying a name. Who will buy that name? It's common sense. And it's a good point. Even if I already know it, it's still a food reminder.

By mocking at someone giving tips, it would only keep people from being open and would further prevent people from learning from one another.

•••
I think you (not you personally) the collective"YOU" or "US" have to have a sorta egocentric personality to even think you can make it in this cut throat business. At least he's being real.

Why do you have to care so much whether his personality is egocentric or not? If his advice helps some people, then good. If you don't like him, why read his post? There are plenty of other posts to read.

This is unbelievable. A guy tries to share what he's learned. Instead of thanking him for taking the time to share, you'd focus on the flaw in his personality. Why not instead focus on the domain name part? Since you're so good, then join him. Add some of the tips you have that can help others.
People will appreciate you for doing that.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back