IT.COM

advice Who is your target - End User? Domainers? Stop buying garbage

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I will be the first to admit that I have bought some really bad names in the past - really bad. I will not renew them and many have fallen off.

Who is your target? Stop buying garbage and start putting your money into something that will sell. I get lists of names daily from people wanting me to buy their junk and I don't think they realize its junk.

How do you know if your name is garbage:
  • Would you buy it?
  • Who is the end user?
  • What will an end user do with the name?
If you cant answer those questions you have garbage - here is my latest list from a user:
BestBuyout.com
BlacksGifts.com
FashionAreas.com
HairFail.com
InsuranceDebts.com
InsuranceEstate.com
MorePins.com
ReviewMotors.com
ShopYart.com

Just because 2 names have a meaning alone doesn't mean it has a real value slapped together.

Who is the end user for these names? What domainer would buy these names?

Just my opinion - think about who is going to buy what you are regsitering

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why would you list domains privately shared with you?

If you want to show examples of junk names, take that from your own portfolio and show people, what not to buy.

Isn't that a fair thing to do?

•••
Why would you list domains privately shared with you?

If you want to show examples of junk names, take that from your own portfolio and show people, what not to buy.

Isn't that a fair thing to do?

So sick of negative people.

it seems like a neutral question and a valid one to ask.

are posters to your threads going to be automatically characterized as "negative people", when you don't like what they have to say?

because
in your initial paragraph you state:

I will be the first to admit that I have bought some really bad names in the past - really bad. I will not renew them and many have fallen off.

so, based on that , it's was reasonable question

why shame another domainers names, when you have opportunity to shame yourself first.

imo....

•••
Yes - Do you know who shared them with me - no you don't
Do people share sales? Sure they do. Should they stop doing that because someone sold them the name?
So sick of negative people. If you have an issue with something someone posted hit that little ignore button and keep moving
Just 2 months ago you were asking peoples what to do with your domains and selling your top portofolio( including hatred.com) for less than what you paid for and now your the pro here giving advice. And yes, this is common sense, if somebody it's talking to you in private you should not replicate without his consent, you are part of a community and you should act accordingly. I have made 12 end users sales and close to 300 to resellers just in 2017( it's true, xxx and xxxx sales), why do you think you're the one that should be giving advices?

•••
I have never made a call - I just assumed it would piss people off. Have you ever had a sale from a call?
All my sales are email driven
I don't do a lot of outbound, but I have made a few sales from inbound calls.

Once a guy called me and said, "Uh, I'm calling to inquire about a domain name..".
I said, "Which domain are you interested in purchasing?".
He then says, "I would like to make an offer to buy -----.com".
I said "Okay, how much would you like to offer?".
He then says, "25".
I said, "25 what?".
He then says, "25 dollars".
I then said, "I appreciate the offer and I'd love you to have the domain, but that domain is worth about $2800 to me."
He says, "Okay, let me think about it.".
I then said, "No problem, feel free to visit the domain. You can actually securely submit your offer right on the webpage.".
He said "Thank You".

Couple of days later, I get an offer for $2800 right through the lander. It was the weirdest thing ever.

•••
Common mistakes from newbies:
- Add two words together ex: funfuneral
- Add a letter to a a word ex: BadBoyy
- Trade Mark Names
- Buy something real cheap - Cheap Names are not Good and Good Names are not Cheap. They need to spend more for a quality name rather than own 100 names which worth nothing.

Last edited:
•••
...sorry to interrupt you gentlemen

including ftank-germany eagerly seeking advice on how to sell anything for 150K minus taxes...

what are you talking about
in a thread where a buyer
who requested to send him domains
publicly posted some
that were submitted privately
without seller's consent
calling them "garbage" and "junk"?

full names including extension..

knowing
if he is not a clinical idiot
that those would be indexed by google
in hours if not minutes..

"i'm here to help..." -- who asked you for help, ***?!
do not publish private messages, ***!!!

...i'd appraise a forum
where it's considered ok
at below reg fee
if you asked me

..and people keep talking about reputation, branding, xxx,xxx sales, @Kuffy talking about some fucking cigarettes, @Want2learn speaking of i didn't really get what but smth about jealousy..

waht the fuck is going on?
since when cant you call shit a shit anymore people?

•••
Why shouldn't I?
You should use common sense, not be blinded by your great sale. Two months ago you were a poor domainer because you could not sale your names for more than what you paid and now all of the sudden your a top domainer. Believe me, it's not working like this, you have the same knowledge like two months ago, what you have now extra it's just a little more arrogance and more cash in your bank account, these will not make you better in any way. You should prove yourself that you are better first and try selling your other names for 2-5-25 times more than what you have paid for and when you get tens-hundreds sales you can start teaching peoples what to do with their names. In the end you could just get yourself banned by admin's for creating conflicts and promoting hate in a friendly community.

•••
I get what you are saying, but before you make another post it is my honest advice that you need to get better at PR or hire someone that can help you.
If everyone would like to turn this into a thread of why I hate uglydork lets do it! I thrive on controversy, you are only pumping my brand more and more. No press is bad press, my business continues to grow.

tenor.gif

•••
"You don't have to be a bitch to get rich. But some just like it that way"

- Plato
(closing Philosophy.com sale to Aristotle or vice versa, not sure.
The rumor is the buyer backed out)​

•••
I can't believe I wasted 30 odd minutes reading entire thread, to sum it up. It is non-professional to share names sent to your pm for advice in public and branding them of no value and useless in some way, any body who does it should be ashamed of himself. As far as the op is concerned, I find him too full of himself which some people might like but most won't, with doing what he has done with this thread he's only enjoying controversy most probably in the hope that he helps his dear friend Milo sale more copies of his book and himself selling more of his book for $19 which would tell you how to spend $4k and convert into big. Ignoring the fact that most people who start investing in domains can't invest that much let alone invest that much in domains. As far as buying is concerned, you need to know what you are buying, You could hand register domains and sell them for 4 figs if you know what you are doing. PS @uglydork congrats on great sale but that does not give you mandate to act like you're acting right now and tell others how shit of a domainer they are, it is disgraceful IMO to share names in public.

•••
And yes, this is common sense, if somebody is talking to you in private you should not replicate without his consent, you are part of a community and you should act accordingly.

It's true - tact is important in all professions.

If a patient comes to me for advice/healing and they share that they are eating GMO, candy bars, drinking diet soda, microwave most of their food, eat at McDonalds 4x a week and they smoke a pack of cigarettes per day and they wonder why they are diabetic and sick - I don't publicly flog them as an example....Sure I can share their example anonymously and their identification is shielded, but anyone can lookup the whois of a domain.

Last edited:
•••
I know exactly what I'm doing :)

Yes, yes you do. You're poking the natives to get a reaction . . .

I'm happy for your sale. Some say it was dumb luck but you did have the thought to contact the end user. You did have the thought to aim VERY high with your sales pitch. Most others (including me) would have hit him something like 15-20K, maybe expecting a 10K payday. You went way out on a limb, and you succeeded. In this instance you were 100% spot on. That's not luck. You do have the right to have a certain swagger, you earned it. My advice would be to settle back down soon, it's a long and sometimes hard road that isn't fully travelled yet. The same people you mock and show arrogance to now while you're at the top of the mountain may be the same people you wish to do business with in the future when they climb a higher mountain.

Good luck and use your big sale as the drive to keep going and hitting more 6 figure sales out of the park.

•••
"For Every Rude person that has been successful there are 10 that have done well because they are nice" - Shane Cultra

•••
If you read what I posted you will see I am attempting to help people make better decisions.
Sometimes I post things here just to post and see what is out there and 'keep my name going'
I am really trying to help people here
Which really all leads to this - http://uglydork.com/ for just $19.99.

Last edited:
•••
Some old sayings...

It's not what you say it's how you say it.

If nothing nice to say say nothing

Kill them with kindness

Nobody likes a know it all

One man's trash is another man's treasure

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Can't we all just get along

Anyone know any others?

•••
I still do

even if you hapen to own the exact match of a companies name.com

because you won't even know if a company would buy their name
even if its .com

they may just not want to spend money on a name

You are so right. I was checking potential end users for one of my names and found one in the US that uses word+radio.com for their site. So I called the owner and asked if she wants to upgrade to word.com

Her answer: "No". I asked why. She said "Well, it is going to cost money, right?". Just for experiments sake, I quoted really low price in mid $xxx, near reseller price, although I never do it, just had a feel that for this person it won't matter. And she said, no, we are not interested.

Imagine, this people charge that much for few 30 sec blocks of advertising and she did not see the value.

•••
.Yes - Do you know who shared them with me - no you don't
Do people share sales? Sure they do. Should they stop doing that because someone sold them the name?
So sick of negative people. If you have an issue with something someone posted hit that little ignore button and keep moving

Your point is valid, don't register something that will not sell.

I know exactly the user who shared them with you -- I was giving him advice from his list he sent me as well.

It is not cool to post other people's portfolios on blast.

The industry is mainly subjective, despite whether or not the domains are "good" people are trying to learn their way around the industry. Give them reasons why things won't sell -- rather than 0$ and quit.

Be kind, rewind -- we all get that people register domains that will not sell -- we all have done this in the past.

Last edited:
•••
Im not mocking your sale. Good for you it was terrible domain and no one would have gotten that much for that name. Im mocking your eithics and im mocking all the stuff that came along with the sale.

I made sales this week too you dont see me out here standing on a chair screaming for attention.

Buy the way guys buy my ebook i will share all my secrets on bad eithics for 19.99

Last edited:
•••
Anyone know any others?
Here's a couple -

"I’m an asshole by nature."

"...many domainers on message boards started talking crap – I decided right then and there that I was going to get even right where it hurts them."

Wait, my bad, these aren't old sayings, they're one's self quotes. :xf.rolleyes: Perhaps insightful ones at that?!?

•••
On a lighter note. The misspelling of the word garbage in the title is available for reg fee, gargabe.com. Go get it*, it could be the new domaining viral word like covfefe

*don't actually do this

•••
I find it most helpful answering questions that are messaged to me and sharing informative, educational content in my posts.

I try to carefully contribute to NamePros, sharing what I have learned in the same tradition as I read from years and years of past great posts.

I do appreciate most all contributions including this post. I do think however, that after the ops recent successful sale, along with his intention to add a tidbit of advice, there might have been a more fun way to get the point across.

I don't judge the names posted and I only hope the domainer that submitted them doesn't mind that they were used in the example. He or she might actually have a couple of leads from the mention. :)

Best of luck to everyone!

P.S. You sure get people talking @uglydork ... youre something else. :)

Last edited:
•••
My apologies for posting the end users names - I actually thought those were names from an unsolicited email I received but someone here said they received the same list. I would hate to think I hurt someone innocent in all this.

•••
Could you rather elaborate and explain to the helpful community here about how on earth you find it professional, ethical and right in every way to share domains in public that somebody sent you in private to seek an advice?
The op apologized for that.

•••
I have never made a call - I just assumed it would piss people off. Have you ever had a sale from a call?
All my sales are email driven

I am better at phone. I get immediate feedback cues in voice, words, tone, etc. Also saves me time.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back