IT.COM

advice Who is your target - End User? Domainers? Stop buying garbage

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I will be the first to admit that I have bought some really bad names in the past - really bad. I will not renew them and many have fallen off.

Who is your target? Stop buying garbage and start putting your money into something that will sell. I get lists of names daily from people wanting me to buy their junk and I don't think they realize its junk.

How do you know if your name is garbage:
  • Would you buy it?
  • Who is the end user?
  • What will an end user do with the name?
If you cant answer those questions you have garbage - here is my latest list from a user:
BestBuyout.com
BlacksGifts.com
FashionAreas.com
HairFail.com
InsuranceDebts.com
InsuranceEstate.com
MorePins.com
ReviewMotors.com
ShopYart.com

Just because 2 names have a meaning alone doesn't mean it has a real value slapped together.

Who is the end user for these names? What domainer would buy these names?

Just my opinion - think about who is going to buy what you are regsitering

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
...sorry to interrupt you gentlemen

including ftank-germany eagerly seeking advice on how to sell anything for 150K minus taxes...

what are you talking about
in a thread where a buyer
who requested to send him domains
publicly posted some
that were submitted privately
without seller's consent
calling them "garbage" and "junk"?

full names including extension..

knowing
if he is not a clinical idiot
that those would be indexed by google
in hours if not minutes..

"i'm here to help..." -- who asked you for help, ***?!
do not publish private messages, ***!!!

...i'd appraise a forum
where it's considered ok
at below reg fee
if you asked me

..and people keep talking about reputation, branding, xxx,xxx sales, @Kuffy talking about some fucking cigarettes, @Want2learn speaking of i didn't really get what but smth about jealousy..

waht the fuck is going on?
since when cant you call shit a shit anymore people?

•••
I know exactly what I'm doing :)

Yes, yes you do. You're poking the natives to get a reaction . . .

I'm happy for your sale. Some say it was dumb luck but you did have the thought to contact the end user. You did have the thought to aim VERY high with your sales pitch. Most others (including me) would have hit him something like 15-20K, maybe expecting a 10K payday. You went way out on a limb, and you succeeded. In this instance you were 100% spot on. That's not luck. You do have the right to have a certain swagger, you earned it. My advice would be to settle back down soon, it's a long and sometimes hard road that isn't fully travelled yet. The same people you mock and show arrogance to now while you're at the top of the mountain may be the same people you wish to do business with in the future when they climb a higher mountain.

Good luck and use your big sale as the drive to keep going and hitting more 6 figure sales out of the park.

•••
do not publish private messages, ***!!!

FYI

there is a thread discussing that
there are no rules that don't allow it here

I don't like it either
but it's not forbidden

as far as I understood

•••
including ftank-germany eagerly seeking advice on how to sell anything for 150K minus taxes...

that sounds funny

but has nothing to do with what I posted

•••
there is a thread discussing that
there are no rules that don't allow it here

I don't like it either
but it's not forbidden

there's probably no rules to forbid you from farting in public...
but that's what's going on here
and no one gives a shit
which is sad
or not?
you decide...

•••
basically the advice not register domains
where you can't imagine an end user buying it
( I like to add for a few thousand dollars )

is sound advice

and controversy
is controvers

Last edited:
•••
.Yes - Do you know who shared them with me - no you don't
Do people share sales? Sure they do. Should they stop doing that because someone sold them the name?
So sick of negative people. If you have an issue with something someone posted hit that little ignore button and keep moving

Your point is valid, don't register something that will not sell.

I know exactly the user who shared them with you -- I was giving him advice from his list he sent me as well.

It is not cool to post other people's portfolios on blast.

The industry is mainly subjective, despite whether or not the domains are "good" people are trying to learn their way around the industry. Give them reasons why things won't sell -- rather than 0$ and quit.

Be kind, rewind -- we all get that people register domains that will not sell -- we all have done this in the past.

Last edited:
•••
I find it most helpful answering questions that are messaged to me and sharing informative, educational content in my posts.

I try to carefully contribute to NamePros, sharing what I have learned in the same tradition as I read from years and years of past great posts.

I do appreciate most all contributions including this post. I do think however, that after the ops recent successful sale, along with his intention to add a tidbit of advice, there might have been a more fun way to get the point across.

I don't judge the names posted and I only hope the domainer that submitted them doesn't mind that they were used in the example. He or she might actually have a couple of leads from the mention. :)

Best of luck to everyone!

P.S. You sure get people talking @uglydork ... youre something else. :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Maybe he is a relative of Milo's

or maybe brothers in the same York or Scottish Rite lodge :wideyed:
Lol...That's funny.

The only problem with text...it's hard to convey the tone of what we say.

Speaking of that, @uglydork and anyone else, I just picked up LiveConvo.com. What do you think. Do a little research first if you don't mind. :)

•••
Your point is valid, don't register something that will not sell.

I know exactly the user who shared them with you -- I was giving him advice from his list he sent me as well.

It is not cool to post other people's portfolios on blast.

The industry is mainly subjective, despite whether or not the domains are "good" people are trying to learn their way around the industry. Give them reasons why things won't sell -- rather than 0$ and quit.

Be kind, rewind -- we all get that people register domains that will not sell -- we all have done this in the past.

I still do

even if you hapen to own the exact match of a companies name.com

because you won't even know if a company would buy their name
even if its .com

they may just not want to spend money on a name

Last edited:
•••
I actually like this post. Everyone should be thinking about why they are actually buying a name and who is the end user. If you can't find a end user or a ton of potential end users its probably not worth it unless you want to sit passively and wait for ten years for an imagined end user.

I have been working hard looking for and contacting potential end users for some of my names. The crap ones I will sell for a small amount and be done with those but I am not going to give up on the good ones. Also there is a large learning curve involved here and effort and patience and luck. I take and read all advice from posters here and think on it.

About @uglydork I think you are clever and want to be the Milo of domaining and I applaud you branding yourself. It seems to work for some of the top domain"kings". For all those ripping on him--- he has created a brand for himself in one week. That is smart.

Last edited:
•••
About @uglydork I think you are clever and want to be the Milo of domaining and I applaud you branding yourself. It seems to work for some of the top domain"kings". For all those ripping on him--- he has created a brand for himself in one week. That is smart.

I think I can sum up the general consensus of his detractors in a sentence

"You're made one big sale, now all of a sudden you think you're a big shot"

That, along with a cocky attitude is rubbing some people the wrong way.

All he has to do is rinse and repeat and prove he's not a one hit wonder to be taken more seriously. Being a bit more humble wouldn't hurt either. His 'brand creation' in a week isn't really all that smart. It needs more substance behind it to be taken seriously

•••

All he has to do is rinse and repeat and prove he's not a one hit wonder to be taken more seriously. Being a bit more humble wouldn't hurt either. His 'brand creation' in a week isn't really all that smart. It needs more substance behind it to be taken seriously

I take him seriously

•••
Yes - Do you know who shared them with me - no you don't

Yup. At least ShopYart.com is owned by @Avdomains and presumably, he's the one who shared it with you. So yes, we can find out and now do know who shared. I've been supportive and cheered your sale of hatred.com. But domain-shaming other members is in poor taste.

Edit:

Just for fun, I dug into the other domains and all the domains listed in the original thread are owned by @Avdomains not just the one I listed above.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I am not owner of this domain now. This domain was pushed to another reg.ru account recently
Thanks for the update. Whois lookup still shows your info. Perhaps whois isn't updated by the new owner yet...

•••
Thanks for the update. Whois lookup still shows your info. Perhaps whois isn't updated by the new owner yet...

Yes, I think so

•••
This guy knows absolutely nothing about branding. Negative press in a small industry will always be negative press. keep posting uglydork this is better than reality TV. :)

•••
If you read what I posted you will see I am attempting to help people make better decisions.
Sometimes I post things here just to post and see what is out there and 'keep my name going'
I am really trying to help people here
Which really all leads to this - http://uglydork.com/ for just $19.99.

Last edited:
•••
I don't like the idea of sharing names which have been sent to you privately and calling them junk in public.

•••
@uglydork. When is this non sense going to stop? Your now selling and giving advice huh? Did someone come to you for advice ? And then you listed their domains without the permission? And you decided to humiliate the person? Im over what you did to me.

But guys Is this the type of person you want get advice from? Do you care about eithics? Oh wait he has hundred dollar bills stuck in his ears he doesnt care about whats right and whats wrong
But thats your leader. Lol

But for all you suckers who are sucking up to this guy if you been paying close attention to all this nonsense. You gotta ask your self am standing here defending and supporting the right guy? Do you guys still think hes a good person to have in our community? Are his actions respectable?

He makes a sale so he says for 150k and all of you go nuts. Look at all the attention hes trying to receive from this so desperate for attention. Needs to drain all the milk from the nipple.

I would really think twice about doing buiness with him and learning from him. Lots of blind leaders around and as I noticed lots of blind followers too

•••
@uglydork. When is this non sense going to stop? Your now selling and giving advice huh? Did someone come to you for advice ? And then you listed their domains without the permission? And you decided to humiliate the person? Im over what you did to me.

But guys Is this the type of person you want get advice from? Do you care about eithics? Oh wait he has hundred dollar bills stuck in his ears he doesnt care about whats right and whats wrong
But thats your leader. Lol

But for all you suckers who are sucking up to this guy if you been paying close attention to all this nonsense. You gotta ask your self am standing here defending and supporting the right guy? Do you guys still think hes a good person to have in our community? Are his actions respectable?

He makes a sale so he says for 150k and all of you go nuts. Look at all the attention hes trying to receive from this so desperate for attention. Needs to drain all the milk from the nipple.

I would really think twice about doing buiness with him and learning from him. Lots of blind leaders around and as I noticed lots of blind followers too
Listen to this guy - he knows what he's talking about - that's what the voices in his head tells him- you are crazy obsessed with me.

•••
Yes, yes you do. You're poking the natives to get a reaction . . .

I'm happy for your sale. Some say it was dumb luck but you did have the thought to contact the end user. You did have the thought to aim VERY high with your sales pitch. Most others (including me) would have hit him something like 15-20K, maybe expecting a 10K payday. You went way out on a limb, and you succeeded. In this instance you were 100% spot on. That's not luck. You do have the right to have a certain swagger, you earned it. My advice would be to settle back down soon, it's a long and sometimes hard road that isn't fully travelled yet. The same people you mock and show arrogance to now while you're at the top of the mountain may be the same people you wish to do business with in the future when they climb a higher mountain.

Good luck and use your big sale as the drive to keep going and hitting more 6 figure sales out of the park.
I am only mocking two people who can't let it go that I made a sale.
The rest of you - its just banter- cheers

•••

It isn't just a week - that just happened to be my biggest
I'm actually a very nice guy who would help anyone and I do

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back