Dynadot

Who Can Replace SEDO?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I've had an on and off relationship with SEDO over the years. I've sold a good few names through them but always felt slightly ripped off.

On Friday it can to my attention that one of my domains was not going to a typical SEDO page which noted that the domain was for sale at a fixed price. Instead it was being redirected several times before ending up on a site that was very dodgy. I went onto a different browser and typed in the same url and it did exactly the same.

I sought as much info as I could and learned more than I want to know about zero click or 'scumware' as one NP member called it on another thread. It's nasty!

So, I was going to contact SEDO, but even though it was early evening, there was no one available for live chat - and they are closed over the weekend.

Now its Monday, I figured if some of my domains are being used via SEDO to send people to crappy sites, then I certainly don't want to play along.

So, my question is this:

Who would people recommend that has a good lander page (free), that lets people know the name is for sale, and has a good record of helping domains sell?

Actually, just Who is like SEDO, but better, and with more scruples?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes you just forward the domain to that page.

The pattern is https://sedo.com/search/details/?domain=mydomain.com

Problem is, you have to enter an individual forwarding address for each domain at the registrar, or have a script to creat the urls for you.

Also in my experience domains forwarded to the sales page show higher traffic than they did to the parking page with ads - it does not seem to filter bot traffic, or not as much. Or else, as many have suggested, Sedo is not giving you all the parking traffic and revenue they get from your domains.

You can keep domains listed at Sedo while using landing pages of other providers - I seem to get quite a few views on the for sale page for some domains that don't land at Sedo. Presumably that traffic at Sedo comes from searches at Sedo or at an affiliate of theirs.
Thanks for that update. I had considered forwarding but that's a lot of work when working with a good volume of domains. I was considering the possibility of making it work with Nameservers itself. But I guess sedo doesn't offer that.

•••
Sedo customer service may disable zeroclick for the whoile account if asked...

That is absolutely ridiculous, what reputable company would even use that.

I'm going to start by reporting them to google.... in fact I'm going to go on a mission to get the entire sedo site marked as unsafe with google.

Anyone that has some examples please post a link here and I will start forwarding to google.

I have some inside connections at google in my hometown and I will pursue it to get them black listed.

•••
The problem is only with Tier2 backend which is used by Sedo, or more exactly - their Tier2 advertisers.

Could you tell us how you know this? Did they tell you this, or do you work with or for Sedo?

To use Sedo parking with ads provided by Google, which I thinks is Tier1, you have to consent to Sedo giving Google a list of all your domains at Sedo.

•••
I have no relations to Sedo or any other company.

If you want to disable Tier2 at Sedo completely per account - ask them.
No other solution here.

Last edited:
•••
p.s. There are various ZeroClick platforms in the world...
Sedo is just one of them and the worst.

•••
@Sedo

@Dave Evanson

@Tobias F

Picture0005.png

•••
And Sedo has another Tier2 network from prehistoric times...

•••
Undeveloped for better landers.
theparkingplace for unsure traffic.

G / Y parking for clean traffic

Last edited:
•••
dont all the parking companies use zero click to monitize traffic? some zero and some google ads?

•••
Regarding Sedo...
I have disabled their ZeroClick many years ago... when it was just implemented in testmode.

Last edited:
•••
And don't forget to complete Sedo parking certification - if you want Google ads.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back