Dynadot

Who Can Replace SEDO?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I've had an on and off relationship with SEDO over the years. I've sold a good few names through them but always felt slightly ripped off.

On Friday it can to my attention that one of my domains was not going to a typical SEDO page which noted that the domain was for sale at a fixed price. Instead it was being redirected several times before ending up on a site that was very dodgy. I went onto a different browser and typed in the same url and it did exactly the same.

I sought as much info as I could and learned more than I want to know about zero click or 'scumware' as one NP member called it on another thread. It's nasty!

So, I was going to contact SEDO, but even though it was early evening, there was no one available for live chat - and they are closed over the weekend.

Now its Monday, I figured if some of my domains are being used via SEDO to send people to crappy sites, then I certainly don't want to play along.

So, my question is this:

Who would people recommend that has a good lander page (free), that lets people know the name is for sale, and has a good record of helping domains sell?

Actually, just Who is like SEDO, but better, and with more scruples?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This zero click stuff has bothered me for a long time. If I ever saw one of my domains do that I would be really annoyed. I've seen so many good domain names do this and I wonder if the domain owners are even aware it is happening.

Sedo has to stomp this thing out!

•••
•••
I met many times I type a domain on my phone,if the domain is parked in sedo,it always shows some cheating or illegal ads. Always this situation.

•••
Check out

Undeveloped.com
Efty.com
4.cn
Afternic.com

•••
Undeveloped all the way. No hassle, no BS.

•••
I've had an on and off relationship with SEDO over the years. I've sold a good few names through them but always felt slightly ripped off.

On Friday it can to my attention that one of my domains was not going to a typical SEDO page which noted that the domain was for sale at a fixed price. Instead it was being redirected several times before ending up on a site that was very dodgy. I went onto a different browser and typed in the same url and it did exactly the same.

I sought as much info as I could and learned more than I want to know about zero click or 'scumware' as one NP member called it on another thread. It's nasty!

So, I was going to contact SEDO, but even though it was early evening, there was no one available for live chat - and they are closed over the weekend.

Now its Monday, I figured if some of my domains are being used via SEDO to send people to crappy sites, then I certainly don't want to play along.

So, my question is this:

Who would people recommend that has a good lander page (free), that lets people know the name is for sale, and has a good record of helping domains sell?

Actually, just Who is like SEDO, but better, and with more scruples?

"So, I was going to contact SEDO, but even though it was early evening, there was no one available for live chat - and they are closed over the weekend"

Better way to contact SEDO is by phone
+ even is Monday must aware that this week (start from Sunday 28 April ) is Easter holiday for ortodox church ( they don't work in this day's)- maybe only on 30 April customer services open (phone at least) & then is 1 May & 2May

About your click zero - or what ever - must set a option in your account ( don't remember now what )..but same problem have me few year's ago & solved

Cheers!

Last edited:
•••
Sedo customer service may disable zeroclick for the whoile account if asked...

•••

Yes they did this for me too.

But anyway I prefer Undeveloped. Never made much from Sedo parking and I just want people to land on a page where they can easily make an offer right away.

•••
ZeroClick at Sedo should not work by default if your domain is NOT banned by Google.
Regardless of how your Sedo account is configured.

•••
So, my question is this:

ParkingCrew
Bodis

•••
•••
I figured if some of my domains are being used via SEDO to send people to crappy sites, then I certainly don't want to play along.
This is what I did. I didn't want dodgy money-making schemes advertised on my domains, so when I realised this was happening with my listings I emailed Sedo and told them just that. They disabled zero click advertising.

Last edited:
•••
Regarding Undeveloped...
Too many fake bidders even with 20-30 domains...
I can't even imagine what I will get there with 2.5K+ domains...

Last edited:
•••
Thanks to everyone who replied to this. I really appreciate the input.

Decision made - all names now swiftly-ish moved from SEDO and now all in their new home with one of the suggestions made here.

Really disappointed with SEDO. Are they so desperate for cash they have to resort to zeroclick "scumware"?

If I asked a real estate agent to sell an empty house I owned I wouldn't expect to have to specifically ask them to NOT lease it out as it was being sold to a crack dealer or local pimp to entice potential buyers while they were looking around.

The business I did with them over the years was significant - all future business is now an opportunity for one of their competitors.

In life, we are what we do - and we are what we allow others to do.

•••
Who is the Sedo rep on namepros?

Can we tag him/her

It would be nice to get a sedo response to this

•••
Is it possible to have the Domain's offer page at Sedo open up straight instead of those Ads, while we use Sedo Nameservers?

•••
Is it possible to have the Domain's offer page at Sedo open up straight instead of those Ads, while we use Sedo Nameservers?

Yes you just forward the domain to that page.

The pattern is https://sedo.com/search/details/?domain=mydomain.com

Problem is, you have to enter an individual forwarding address for each domain at the registrar, or have a script to creat the urls for you.

Also in my experience domains forwarded to the sales page show higher traffic than they did to the parking page with ads - it does not seem to filter bot traffic, or not as much. Or else, as many have suggested, Sedo is not giving you all the parking traffic and revenue they get from your domains.

You can keep domains listed at Sedo while using landing pages of other providers - I seem to get quite a few views on the Sedo for sale page for some domains that don't land at Sedo. Presumably that traffic at Sedo comes from searches at Sedo or at an affiliate of theirs.

Last edited:
•••
Yes you just forward the domain to that page.

The pattern is https://sedo.com/search/details/?domain=mydomain.com

Problem is, you have to enter an individual forwarding address for each domain at the registrar, or have a script to creat the urls for you.

Also in my experience domains forwarded to the sales page show higher traffic than they did to the parking page with ads - it does not seem to filter bot traffic, or not as much. Or else, as many have suggested, Sedo is not giving you all the parking traffic and revenue they get from your domains.

You can keep domains listed at Sedo while using landing pages of other providers - I seem to get quite a few views on the for sale page for some domains that don't land at Sedo. Presumably that traffic at Sedo comes from searches at Sedo or at an affiliate of theirs.
Thanks for that update. I had considered forwarding but that's a lot of work when working with a good volume of domains. I was considering the possibility of making it work with Nameservers itself. But I guess sedo doesn't offer that.

•••

That is absolutely ridiculous, what reputable company would even use that.

I'm going to start by reporting them to google.... in fact I'm going to go on a mission to get the entire sedo site marked as unsafe with google.

Anyone that has some examples please post a link here and I will start forwarding to google.

I have some inside connections at google in my hometown and I will pursue it to get them black listed.

•••
ZeroClick was designed for monetization (for high traffic domains), using ParkingCrew or Bodis - it very often earns even a few times more then archaic Google PPC model...
The problem is only with Tier2 backend which is used by Sedo, or more exactly - their Tier2 advertisers.

Last edited:
•••
The problem is only with Tier2 backend which is used by Sedo, or more exactly - their Tier2 advertisers.

Could you tell us how you know this? Did they tell you this, or do you work with or for Sedo?

To use Sedo parking with ads provided by Google, which I thinks is Tier1, you have to consent to Sedo giving Google a list of all your domains at Sedo.

•••
I have no relations to Sedo or any other company.

If you want to disable Tier2 at Sedo completely per account - ask them.
No other solution here.

Last edited:
•••
p.s. There are various ZeroClick platforms in the world...
Sedo is just one of them and the worst.

•••
To use Sedo parking with ads provided by Google, which I thinks is Tier1,
This is applicable to any parking company.
To show Google ads - you must sign/accept the Google agreement.
If this step was skipped - only Tier2 will be used.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back