IT.COM

Which registrar would you trust your High Value Domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
We all know about the cheap, the average, the popular but what about bullet proof security of various problems that may happen to your domain

When you have an expensive domain you are a target for many people that dreaming of the domain

Which registrar would you trust your expensive domain(s) and why ?
What is different with this registrar compared with the others ?
What's your definition of total security to help you create a peace of mind state for your domain ?

Apart from high jacking, if you get a false spam accusation or any other legal issue, will this registrar hold your domain active until he gets a legal order ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Archangel,

Just out of interest, what is it about Fab that you don't like. We are always interested in receiving feedback from customers (good and bad). Hopefully we can address any issues you might have and make Fabulous even better! :)

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

•••
Archangel said:
Godaddy isn't easy. lol But they seem secure to me :) I'vbe never liked Fabulous but then again, I have limited experience with them

Each to their own and as long as you're happy with your main registrar is the main thing. However I couldn't disagree more personally. I have lost a few domains that were registered with GoDaddy as they were stolen from my account.

Fabulous on the other hand is as safe as houses (whoops, maybe the wrong choice of saying in the current world economic climate ;) ) With Fabulous's maxiumum security features it really is impossible to lose a domain from your account.

•••
Mike Fabulous said:
Hi Archangel,

Just out of interest, what is it about Fab that you don't like. We are always interested in receiving feedback from customers (good and bad). Hopefully we can address any issues you might have and make Fabulous even better! :)

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

Oh, no offense to your company. I have nearly all of my domains at Godaddy (they became my normal registrar when RegFly died. Yes, I knew how bad they were but didn't do much domaining at the time, thus I didn't care until it was too late... lost a lotta domains thanks to them). I've tried Fab a few years ago and never quite got a feel for it. I should try it out again sometime but for now, I'm with GD. I plan to rid of almost every domain I have there so who knows? I might switch registrars soon :)

•••
If you are willing to pay the fee for netsol, would it be the most secure?

•••
•••
Any update on the whois privacy feature at Fabulous.com it's been a few month's and still waiting will it happen.

I would like to be a Fabulous customer and really need the whois privacy to keep my details safe with my domains.

•••
I assume Mike will update the topic as soon as he has something new

•••
Hi TheOilMan and others waiting on Whois Privacy. At this stage, I don't think we will have this available by the end of the year, there have been other projects that have taken priority over this. So we are looking for a Q1 2009 release.

I'll definitely let you know when it's available.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

•••
Anybody has some experience with namecheap?

•••
IMO it's too risky to put all my domains with a single registrar. You never know what could happen so you dont want all your eggs in one basket. I have half of my domains at Moniker and the other half at a different registrar. Its not hard to manage two accounts and I know several other domainers who also do the same thing. I'm thinking about keeping the Moniker domains where they are but the other half I would consider moving to Fabulous. How do you qualify to get the reduced pricing? I dont want to pay $30 per .com.

•••
You need to have a parking account with them to qualify for the discounted renewal prices.

•••
nrmillions said:
I would consider moving to Fabulous. How do you qualify to get the reduced pricing? I dont want to pay $30 per .com.
As firefly mentioned, you will need a Monetization/Wholesale account to get the cheaper pricing. Please send a list of domains you own to support at fabulous dot com (or PM me) and they can review and action accordingly.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

•••
Hi Mike

Any new update on the Whois Privacy at Fabulous

Thanks for your time.

David

•••
MattheP said:
Anybody has some experience with namecheap?

All I know about them is they are a Enom Reseller... Also, from their pricing they seem quite expensive.... you can instead try answerable.com

•••
NathanJacob said:
All I know about them is they are a Enom Reseller... Also, from their pricing they seem quite expensive.... you can instead try answerable.com

Namecheap.com is already accredited from ICANN
http://www.icann.org/en/registrars/accredited-list.html
and have/had their reseller agreement with enom

Answerable is not cheap too
Is accredited from ICANN too but i'm not sure if they just use the Directi services or if they are part of Directi

•••
I would trust either Namecheap or Godaddy to register valuable domains! They are really reliable registrars!

•••
After reading this thread and also being concerned about the security of my domains. I decided to try out Fabulous and register a couple of my best domains there. I did not find any "sign up" or "register" link on their page. So I emailed cs and got a quick answer back saying Fabulous does not accept any new applicants! Is this a joke? Since when do registrars refuse business? A registrar can is only more profitable with more sales and more parking revenue?
And they apologized for the inconvenience; well actually I want to apologize to them that Moniker, being a close second in terms of security, will be keeping my domains and getting more of them in the near future!

•••
D-K said:
Hi Mike

Thanks for your time.

David
Hi David,

We are close to releasing this. It should be available in Q2. I'll let you know when I have more info.

oracle49 said:
After reading this thread and also being concerned about the security of my domains. I decided to try out Fabulous and register a couple of my best domains there. I did not find any "sign up" or "register" link on their page. So I emailed cs and got a quick answer back saying Fabulous does not accept any new applicants!
Hi oracle49,

Sorry for any confusion, we haven't closed our service to new customers. However, we have increased the barrier to entry. We are now only accepting customers if they meet one of the following requirements:

• Domain portfolio must generate US$1,000+ per month
• Transfer 1,500+ domains to Fabulous​

Please let me know if your portfolio generates US$1K a month or if you are willing to transfer 1,500 domains to the Fabulous registrar.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

•••
Mike Fabulous said:
D-K said:
Hi Mike

Thanks for your time.

David
Hi David,

We are close to releasing this. It should be available in Q2. I'll let you know when I have more info.

oracle49 said:
After reading this thread and also being concerned about the security of my domains. I decided to try out Fabulous and register a couple of my best domains there. I did not find any "sign up" or "register" link on their page. So I emailed cs and got a quick answer back saying Fabulous does not accept any new applicants!
Hi oracle49,

Sorry for any confusion, we haven't closed our service to new customers. However, we have increased the barrier to entry. We are now only accepting customers if they meet one of the following requirements:

• Domain portfolio must generate US$1,000+ per month
• Transfer 1,500+ domains to Fabulous​

Please let me know if your portfolio generates US$1K a month or if you are willing to transfer 1,500 domains to the Fabulous registrar.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

I am not yet a big shot so I don't meet your requirements, but hopefully will become one soon!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back