IT.COM

Which is the best domain registrar to Register domain names and keep them for long term?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lokesh Chauhan

Established Member
Impact
I want you guys to please help me in this, Which is the best domain registrar from your experience in which we can register the domain and have low renewal fee or something like this.
Need your valuable comment guys.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
•••
Thanks buddy, Happy domaining

They say your registrar is like your wife...

So "long-term" is right :)

Make sure to contact anyone from epik for NP pricing, if you opt for them.

Last edited:
•••
They say your registrar is like your wife...

So "long-term" is right :)

Make sure to contact anyone from epik for NP pricing,
if you opt for them.
How to contact with them? Direct customer support? Or we have anyone here from epik team on namepros, Actually I am new here so I am not much aware. Thanks for the help btw.

•••
How to contact with them? Direct customer support? Or we have anyone here from epik team on namepros, Actually I am new here so I am not much aware. Thanks for the help btw.

Contacted them for u; @Jess Robison @Gube
Good luck whomever you choose. You really have to try all, but once i tried epik; i was like “where have you been all my life??!” my fave.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
I want you guys to please help me in this, Which is the best domain registrar from your experience in which we can register the domain and have low renewal fee or something like this.

What are the features that are most important to you?

Do you just care about the lowest price?
Security?
Ease of use?
Relationships and involvement in MLS with marketplaces?
Location?

•••
Namesilo, porkbun, Dynadot and Epik. In no particular order. Make sure to have your Epik account upgraded to a NamePros account like @Samer already mentioned to get the right pricing.

•••
There are as many answers to this as their are registrars. Everyone has their own tastes. I use Epik myself. But there's people who regularly use regostrars I try to avoid...its a very personal choice. It may be worthwhile to keep some domains at several different registrars at first til you get a handle on which you like.

•••
Tbh, if GD renewals weren't $15, i would probAbly somewhat pick GD.

NameSilo no one complains about... and their renewals are around $8.

Epik is always awesome but it's hard when the nameservers aren't shown in the columns... you have to click on the individual domain to see the NS.

NameCheap is a great registrar too. Their support is fabulous.

Dynadot is also great, and honest.

•••
I like dynadot for the free bulk pricing and ui, been moving away from godaddy until they can reinvest in their infrastructure, just seems there are more domainer friendly registrars. I've heard great things about epik, porkbun, and uniregistry but never tried them. I do like name, namebright, namesilo. I find it a pain to keep track of all the different accounts from past auction wins - bigrock, netsol, enom, it'd be nice if they offered transfer out codes on pre-releases since the domains are expired anyway? In a perfect world :xf.cool:

•••
Yahoo/ great prices and FREE Website!

•••
Thanks all for your valuable comments, This forum is love, Lot of helpful people. Thanks again.

•••
Tbh, if GD renewals weren't $15, i would probAbly somewhat pick GD

GD com price hiked again and is currently $18

18 cents fee is what put it fo $18+ com territory

Last edited:
•••
Epik...as long as Rob is at the helm.

•••
•••

IMO, the best registrars are those that send you plenty of reminders to renew domains and give you easy control of the DNS of your domains. There are a number of registrars that fit that description, so it is hard to pick out just one. Personally, I really like GoDaddy's automated reminders as well as their VIP account management. Look for registrars that have a long track record. Try them out and see for yourself. You can always change registrars. To me, the 4 most important aspects are: 1) Price; 2) Domain Management; 3) Support; 4) Automated reminders.

•••
A few years ago it would have been GODADDY, but now I feel like I don't like the registrar at all. The experience is terrible

•••
Last edited:
•••
A few years ago it would have been GODADDY, but now I feel like I don't like the registrar at all. The experience is terrible

I feel like GD is good until you get a domain stolen by them.

It hasn't happened to me yet.

But if it does, I'm pretty sure I would start hating them too.

•••
I feel like GD is good until you get a domain stolen by them.

It hasn't happened to me yet.

But if it does, I'm pretty sure I would start hating them too.

No spinning... GD's bad* for new-to-average <500... special enough to have agent?

Epik, Dynadot round top-2 most Epik.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Epik and Dynadot for most of your domains. For some "exotic" ccTLDs, I recommend Safenames or Gandi, although they are quite expensive.

•••
•••
Back