NameSilo

Which is better?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jamesosix

Top Member
Impact
I have a site that I am developing and basically its a site where people upload sexy pictures too etc.

Which would be the best domain?

keyword-keyword.net

or

keywordkeyword.sexy

I'm not sold on the new gTLDs yet, but have registered it anyway.

I dont want to change the domain later if it can be helped.

I am also not a huge fan of hyphenated domains, so I'm quite torn and any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

At this point, I would say .net.

.sexy just isn't that well known yet.

And a two-word domain with a hyphen in .sexy is most certainly doomed to obscurity.

Even the .net will be a hard sell.

•••
yeah the .sexy is hyphen free.

I am certainly more .net than .sexy at this stage, even though the .net does have a hyphen.

Thanks for your input. :)

•••
.sexy all the way. because .net is NOT sexy. And forget about it being a new gTLD. It will rank if you add new original content frequently.

I have a site that I am developing and basically its a site where people upload sexy pictures too etc.

Which would be the best domain?

keyword-keyword.net

or

keywordkeyword.sexy

I'm not sold on the new gTLDs yet, but have registered it anyway.

I dont want to change the domain later if it can be helped.

I am also not a huge fan of hyphenated domains, so I'm quite torn and any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

•••
I'd go with .sexy rather than a hyphenated .net

•••
•••
•••
why are you going to .sexy.
Is KWKW .cctld .org or even .info not available?

If KWKW is taken in all extension and sexy is the only option then go with .sexy rather than an hypen.

•••
If the site is for sexy pictures, then go .sexy. I'm not a big fan of new TLDs, but if it fits....
Meanwhile, hyphenated .nets are digging pretty deep. And, as said above, .net is decidedly unsexy. I say that as a fan of nets.

•••
keyword-keyword.net

or I will wait for .sex ;)

•••
Non of the above are good for my choice; but if you think you can rank the .net it could be better, but hivenated keywords are bad domains, it does not pass either phone or radio tests.

•••
The dot sexy registry has specific rule that prohibits unsuitable content for minors from being viewed from the main or top-level directory.
I would fully understand their terms before acting..

•••
The dot sexy registry has specific rule that prohibits unsuitable content for minors from being viewed from the main or top-level directory.

By the sound of it, the content would be just sexy pictures so no explicit imagery is expected (if I am getting the idea correctly). Normally, I wouldn't advocate the new TLDs, however in this case a .sexy experiment may prove viable. Plus, there are just too many "wrong's" in the other domain (.net with hyphens).I don't find other extensions like .info or .org to be more appropriate anyways, even without the hyphens. If you market your idea properly the .sexy extension can just help your cause :imho:

•••
i would go for .net as it is well known compared to .sexy, just my 2 cents

•••
I would go with the .net as well

•••
Neither option is appealing. I would look for a third option.

Brad

•••
It's acceptable to have adult content with .sexy on the condition that you use a nudity-free age verification front page. All the other pages can have all the sexy stuff you want.

•••
It's acceptable to have adult content with .sexy on the condition that you use a nudity-free age verification front page. All the other pages can have all the sexy stuff you want.
Does that include dirty Sanchez and rusty trombone?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back