Dynadot

opinion Which Domain Registra Gives you peace of mind?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

FavourB

Established Member
Impact
We all have different domain registras ranging from the best to the least, but sometimes we have that particular registra that give us peace of mind, by peace of mind, It means you feel really relaxed and have no intentions of transferring out names unless it is sold.

I am going to cite an example to further clarify what I meant by saying peace of mind.
I have up to 4 different registra where I buy domain from, but after few months I become uneasy until I send it to Dynadot, once it hits my Dynadot account i notice myself having peace:xf.smile: Dynadot gives me peace of mind, I feel my names are highly secured there, I feel is even more secure than when I have it in top registra like GoDaddy, that doesn't mean I don't like GoDaddy, I buy from Godaddy closeout as a matter of fact but when it comes to my peace, Dynadot superceeds :xf.grin:.

Which registra gives you peace of mind?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Loads of bad experiences eg registrar closures by icann. Most my portfolio ending up with godaddy as the auctions tools multiple marketplaces etc are of value. Loads not to like but favor the experience.

Last edited:
•••
I feel good with Uniregistry, also I use GoDaddy but guess what? they don't give you free privacy for your domains, so I prefer Uniregistry

•••
Which registrar gives me peace of mind? That's a subtle thought. For me it's got to be Dynadot.

They are reliable, simplistic and I've never had any issues with them.

•••
"Peace of mind" for me is with GoDaddy. They offer DTVS (Domain Transfer Verification Service) for Premier Accounts (you can qualify if you spend a certain dollar amount with them -- I forget if it's per month or per year). My account qualifies just on renewal fees. And I also purchase domain names through their expired auctions.

The DTVS means any domain name leaving my account -- they will call me personally and ask for a special DTVS Passcode in order to proceed with the transfer. And I've come to know my Premier Services Account Rep -- so he knows my voice and I know his. Peace of Mind...

•••
"Peace of mind" for me is with GoDaddy. They offer DTVS (Domain Transfer Verification Service) for Premier Accounts (you can qualify if you spend a certain dollar amount with them -- I forget if it's per month or per year). My account qualifies just on renewal fees. And I also purchase domain names through their expired auctions.

The DTVS means any domain name leaving my account -- they will call me personally and ask for a special DTVS Passcode in order to proceed with the transfer. And I've come to know my Premier Services Account Rep -- so he knows my voice and I know his. Peace of Mind...

I agree. That security is very important to me as well.

Between 2 stage authentication and DTVS your account is pretty well locked down.

Brad

•••
I (personally) feel good, and secure with Namesilo and Godaddy.
We use various upstream providers including Namesilo, Hexonet, Wild West Domains, Gandi, ResellerClub, for our various hosting businesses and registering our clients' domains with them. No complaints ever!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back