Dynadot

Selling Dynadot domains at Afternic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have received a large number of requests to list some of my Dynadot domains at Afternic. Afternic is blocked in India at present, so I am not able to verify the listing or find out the price at which they are listed. Has anyone, especially from India sold their Dynadot domains at Afternic in the last few months. If yes, how is the domain price finalized and does Dynadot receive payment from Afternic on behalf of the seller?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can actually list them on Afternic directly at DynaDot. Login and click "My Domains" on the left, then under that, click Manage Domains. Check the box next to the domain(s) you wish to list and scroll back to the top. Click the "Action" drop down and select "Sell on Afternic"...You will need to have your Afternic linked to DynaDot in order to do this, which does mean you will need to get logged into Afternic at least once. However, once your Afternic is linked it's easy to list domains (after 60 days for new registrations) directly inside DynaDot. This also enables fast transfer so when a domain is sold nothing needs to be done on your end. Afternic just removes it from your DynaDot account (transfers it to GoDaddy) and issues the payment.

You would need to find a way to get logged in once to at least link the accounts (maybe a VPN or something?) but once they're linked, you should be good to go.

•••
Afternic is blocked in India at present
Do you have any idea why Afternic is blocked in India?

I used the Dynadot/Afternic connection. I then learned that about 2/3 of my domains on Afternic were now listed on Dan as well, with unauthorized sellers. It was unclear if my listings on Afternic somehow became the impetus for these various rogue sellers. The DAN rogue sellers were posting listings for much higher prices than my Afternic and Dynadot listings.

Then I heard here on Namepros and with Dynadot issues with numerous unexpected requests for Afternic Fast Transfer. This has been so much of a problem that some, like myself, have placed Dynadot's Afternic Block feature on, blocking ALL Afternic requests. And I removed all my own listings from Afternic, but am still trying to have the fake Dan listings removed.

So, be cautious in your decision. For myself, I prefer using the marketplaces such as Dynadot and Sedo, where verification is taken far more seriously. Hopefully, soon, verification will become mandatory for all GoDaddy listings---Afternic and Dan.

•••
Do you have any idea why Afternic is blocked in India?

I used the Dynadot/Afternic connection. I then learned that about 2/3 of my domains on Afternic were now listed on Dan as well, with unauthorized sellers. It was unclear if my listings on Afternic somehow became the impetus for these various rogue sellers. The DAN rogue sellers were posting listings for much higher prices than my Afternic and Dynadot listings.

Then I heard here on Namepros and with Dynadot issues with numerous unexpected requests for Afternic Fast Transfer. This has been so much of a problem that some, like myself, have placed Dynadot's Afternic Block feature on, blocking ALL Afternic requests. And I removed all my own listings from Afternic, but am still trying to have the fake Dan listings removed.

So, be cautious in your decision. For myself, I prefer using the marketplaces such as Dynadot and Sedo, where verification is taken far more seriously. Hopefully, soon, verification will become mandatory for all GoDaddy listings---Afternic and Dan.
There is allegedly some court order blocking Afternic and Dan is also blocked in India, making it difficult to sell domains.

•••
There is allegedly some court order blocking Afternic and Dan is also blocked in India, making it difficult to sell domains.
Have you been able to find a copy of this court order? That might help the NP community, to know which registrars and marketplaces are actually restricted in India. Also,it might be useful to be aware of other countries with similar bans.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back