Top Member
Impact
While I'm not sure why, names like;

Catering.xyz
Champs.xyz
Chocolate.xyz
Comedy.xyz
Cuddle.xyz

use to be listed under the name "Swetha" @ DAN, but now they're listed just as "Domain seller" Regardless, he/she/it are asking upwards of 199K for names like this. Everyone knows this has to be some sort of joke....RIGHT????

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A buddy of mine from Prague owns Sex.link and it renews for a far more reasonable $110. bottom line anyway you look at it .xyz is a joke and a scam.....imo:xf.eek: Hell, Sex.link is even better than sex.com.....ever hear of Sex link genes?
If you were doing a scientific case study that involved the global community on human genome characteristics, then sex.link might be a good name for that specific niche, outside of that, no.

Furthermore, if you believe sex.link is better than sex.com it might be time for you to find another hobby because you're wading in to a deep pool of delusion.

Good luck selling your .links :)

•••
I'm not biting the bait that a new domainer just bought 20k .xyz names as their intro to domaining.
There has to be some big names/connects behind the scene...

You're telling me a young woman from India just pours all her money into .xyz to start out?

There's alot more to this story. Alot more many don't know.

People are afraid to ask questions to not be labelled a hater or jealous.

Personally, I've always been fascinated with people who started from scratch and become successful in the domain name industry. I even give them more props that those who got in at the .com boom. But this one doesn't add up to me.

It's my opinion though.

•••
You're telling me a young woman from India just pours all her money into .xyz to start out?

They were just 1 cent a pop at the time, or something close but ridiculously cheap.

•••
They were just 1 cent a pop at the time, or something close but ridiculously cheap.
I also purchased around 5000 domains when that promo was active, sold 3-4 to nP members. Zero end-user inquires, ended around breakeven after letting everything drop.

•••
Also held a few dozen (some single word) xyz domains, dropping them all, sold none.

•••
A buddy of mine from Prague owns Sex.link and it renews for a far more reasonable $110. bottom line anyway you look at it .xyz is a joke and a scam.....imo:xf.eek: Hell, Sex.link is even better than sex.com.....ever hear of Sex link genes?

Give it a rest Spambot.

Last edited:
•••
Same here. I bought 60 xyzs, dropped half, will drop half again in a couple months. No interest at all. Yeah, sounds like another scam.
Hopefully, my coms sell for xxxx
Yeah, Swetha, disappeared, because people do not buy xyzs anymore, there is no point in promoting the extension to a dead market. Like Ponzi schemes, once the scheme collapses, the promoters disappear.
Thousands of kids lost their pocket money investing in worthless xyzs.
Shame.
Lastly, her own website looks rather cheap and simple for someone that makes a shitload of money. Huge red flag.
If the xyz registry folds next year then you might have a point. Until then, it's all speculation.

•••
I also purchased around 5000 domains when that promo was active, sold 3-4 to nP members. Zero end-user inquires, ended around breakeven after letting everything drop.

Yeah, I can see that happening. I personally didn't even bother as I really dislike the TLD.

In hindsight there was opportunity. I still dislike the extension but if you have a large enough portfolio with the best names any extension can be profitable. Especially when the extension gets adapted by a trending niche with a lot of money to burn.

•••
In that 1 year I've not received a single offer for any of them. Then I decided to take a quick look at namebio .xyz sales (rounded).

Non Swetha:
Wallets.xyz - 1.55k
MM.xyz -2.5k
Mart.xyz - 2.5k
Rent.xyz - 1.9K
Play.xyz - 16.5k
Sex.xyz - 5.7k
do all of these have premium renewal fee?

•••
Number of verified reported .link sales in 5 figures ever, is only 13. I know plenty of folks who sold .xyz in 5 and 6 figures. Please check facts. Best of luck to you with .link, maybe one day they will have some good value.

1681939883766.png

•••
I registered around 750 .xyz domains 1 year ago for about $0.9 each. All the names registered were registered in at least 15-40 other extensions. The typical bread and butter domains for most extensions.

In that 1 year I've not received a single offer for any of them. Then I decided to take a quick look at namebio .xyz sales (rounded).

Non Swetha:
Wallets.xyz - 1.55k
MM.xyz -2.5k
Mart.xyz - 2.5k
Rent.xyz - 1.9K
Play.xyz - 16.5k
Sex.xyz - 5.7k

Swetha:
Sino.xyz -120k
Happening.xyz - 40k
Lasagna.xyz - 7k (lol)
Bebop.xyz- 40k
CONduit.xyz - 70k

Firstly, what are some of the best xyzs you have/had? It's important to do a side by side comparison to see if they're of the same or higher quality than Swetha's.

Secondly, you mentioned registering these 750 names a year ago. Assuming they are all of the same quality as hers, that's too short a timeframe to expect sales. She's been renewing anything from 5000 up to 20000 names for the last 5 years. Read her interview with Raymond here:

https://tldinvestors.com/2020/07/dngear-com-xyz.html

Last edited:
•••
do all of these have premium renewal fee?
If .xyz was legit, paying $1100 per month for an ultra premium like sex.xyz would be an absolute steal!. Leading millionaire sex companies would've been frothing at mouth to secure this domain at that price.

My concern is not just single word domains. It's almost the complete non existent market for domains like premium Keyword/Keyword.

Factor that in with almost any .xyz discussion recieves an almost orchestrated (paid) pile on in term of downvoting. Also factor that in with many pile on accounts on here and social media are restricted or look like bots. I'll be sticking mostly to .com.

•••
I registered around 750 .xyz domains 1 year ago for about $0.9 each. All the names registered were registered in at least 15-40 other extensions. The typical bread and butter domains for most extensions.

Non Swetha:
Wallets.xyz - 1.55k
MM.xyz -2.5k
Mart.xyz - 2.5k
Rent.xyz - 1.9K
Play.xyz - 16.5k
Sex.xyz - 5.7k

Swetha:
Sino.xyz -120k
Happening.xyz - 40k
Lasagna.xyz - 7k (lol)
Bebop.xyz- 40k
CONduit.xyz - 70k

Not sure when you all are GOING TO GET IT......but for the last time....The names / words she has been selling were all BRANDABLES that apply and are used by Web3 ...Crypto/DeFi/ NFT tech companies!

EVERY name on "Swethas" list you list here above IS DEVELOPED!
Either a .DeFi , Crypto , or NFT project, more than likely paid for with Eth or Bitcoin.
And the SINO one is simply a GAINT real estate .com owner buying protecting their brand on the .xyz

RENT.xyz was a STEAL and already dev

Play.xyz has a $300K BIN
Mart.xyz $35K
( so your quested prices were reseller prices) low-mid 4 figs for reseller....sounds right on par to me...

Nothing fishy here other then the same old HARD HEADED folks that fail to see or understand what's taking place....SMH

Web3 companies want cool real word Brandable names, they can build a crypto web3 blockchain Finance tech company around......

If I were Swetha I would have disappeared too. Domaining and this forum brought out a lot of the toxicity in folks this past year.

I hardly post much these days due to this.

We

Cheers

•••
Not sure when you all are GOING TO GET IT......but for the last time....The names / words she has been selling were all BRANDABLES that apply and are used by Web3 ...Crypto/DeFi/ NFT tech companies!

EVERY name on "Swethas" list you list here above IS DEVELOPED!
Either a .DeFi , Crypto , or NFT project, more than likely paid for with Eth or Bitcoin.
And the SINO one is simply a GAINT real estate .com owner buying protecting their brand on the .xyz

RENT.xyz was a STEAL and already dev

Play.xyz has a $300K BIN
Mart.xyz $35K
( so your quested prices were reseller prices) low-mid 4 figs for reseller....sounds right on par to me...

Nothing fishy here other then the same old HARD HEADED folks that fail to see or understand what's taking place....SMH

Web3 companies want cool real word Brandable names, they can build a crypto web3 blockchain Finance tech company around......

If I were Swetha I would have disappeared too. Domaining and this forum brought out a lot of the toxicity in folks this past year.

I hardly post much these days due to this.

We

Cheers
So i see where you have Gol.xyz listed 4Sale @ DAN for $149,999:xf.eek:.......if Swetha had balls he/she/it would come out in the open and defend her/his/its intellectual property. i can assure you that .xyz is no better or worse than .link that I'm proud to defend to the ends of the earth.

Where has Swetha gone???

•••
In regards to the title, I think Swetha has become in some ways the poster girl of .xyz.

And if you're investing in stocks and shares, you expect to be able to do a certain amount of due diligence in what you're investing in. I don't think it's unfair to expect that in domain's also, (that's just my opinion).

I won't be commenting further on .xyz, all the best.

Last edited:
•••
All the names from non swatha's are worthless and only swatha's names are worth hundred thousands? Please drink some coffee instead of beer.
I did not say that. Use your reading comprehension.

•••

Swetha has gone for a hard earned rest . All the best!!​

•••
•••
Or has she?
Just to show how idiotic and nonsensical this is, whoever paid $79,888 could buy Clockwork.link for $413 and would have saved 79,475. Ironically they could have done the EXACT same thing with .link as they did with .xyz. Having done consulting work for Wells Fargo, "money laundering" is a really BIG DEAL:xf.wink:

Even with this .xyz has been falling off a cliff.....thank God i recognize it.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Swetha has posted another 3 sales of xyz names. I bet you can't even sell .com of the same names at that price. 😂

Last edited:
•••
Swetha has posted another 3 sales of xyz names. I bet you can't even sell .com of the same names at that price. 😂
True story

•••
Hi

don't you folks know by now, what this thread is for?

imo....

•••
750 hand regs and couldnt sell even 1?

I think its time to find another hobby :ROFL:

So just to recap the straight up jelly fueled hate here in this thread:

- 1 Person here thinks DNGear sales must be fake because he doesn't think a woman from India could possibly pull something like this off.

- 1 dismal failure hand regged 750 xyz domains in true bottom feeder fashion and then couldn't even get an offer on one of them. (this is an example of personal failure and not the failure of a tld or someone else's career)

- People have seen premium renewal .xyz names like sex.xyz sell @ wholesale but think the sales are end user sales. Not taking into account the super premium renewal fees or how the domain market works.

Lots of slander and ridiculous accusations floating on here. Why would anyone want to hang around a cess-pool and be targeted like that? Where has she gone? Far away from here, I'm sure. But I do love that she came back just to throw some more sales in your jelly faces.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back