IT.COM

Where does all the money goooo?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Ok so one pays for a domain name, for example a .com or .net

now those registers like enom and godaddy will buy the names for you but where does the money go to for these names once they register the name for you???
i heard of Icann over sees the process if im correct now how much money do they make a year????

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Depends on the registry. For each .com reg, $6 goes to netsol, and 25cents(?) to ICANN. Whatever remains is divided between the registrar and the creditcard company (processing payments).

•••
Looks like netsol gets the big bucks:D

•••
You would think that since NetSol gets the bulk of the .com registrations and I guess the .net as well (didn't they just get their contract renewed for .net?), they would be more lenient on their own prices. $35 is ridiculous for a domain name.

•••
sunken said:
You would think that since NetSol gets the bulk of the .com registrations and I guess the .net as well (didn't they just get their contract renewed for .net?), they would be more lenient on their own prices. $35 is ridiculous for a domain name.

You can buy a few for that price which is one of the reasons why godaddy just past them to become the world's #1 registrar.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back