Dynadot

When a brandable marketplace...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
....lists their top brandables on another marketplace, you can pretty much say the ship has sailed.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I heard that through the grapevine a couple months ago but was never confirmed. The saying "If you can't beat them join them" or "If you can't beat them buy them out" works perfectly here. I guess it's time to remove my names there also.

Any place that lists a name like Sexipedia.com for $142,999 is absolutely clueless anyway.

•••
(not to mention their exciting new website design and new Libyan .ly listings).

I couldn't find any obvious statement to the fact that Libyan domain names cannot insult religion or politics, or be related to gambling and lottery industry or be contrary to Libyan law or Islamic morality.

Doesn't sound too bad but I'm not sure where the line is drawn - pretty sure my current avatar is not allowed but it could very well be that any image too revealing would be promoting immorality?

Where's the clear Buyer Beware? {perhaps I just overlooked it}

Long awaited logos conveniently drop the dot too...

•••
On that note, I am done responding here. Some people obviously want to debate for the sake of debating and aren't even aware of the points being made.
Come on, man, that "I am done!" line is by far the lamest entry from the Big Book of Forum Etiquette and Faux Pas. I'm sure you're better than that.

•••
I searched Google for BrandRoot, The #1 result in organic was for BB. Wonder if BrandRoot, was bought out, too

BB owns Namerific now. From what I've heard, namerific has wait times exceeding 6 months. They sure bought a piece of work.

•••
I searched Google for BrandRoot, The #1 result in organic was for BB. Wonder if BrandRoot, was bought out, too

Lol, I think you may have mistyped something...
jAzHYVg.png

Last edited:
•••
jAzHYVg.png

I think you'll have trouble finding BB in any organic search results... let alone the keyword "Brandroot"

BB meaning BrandBucket?

for brandable business names, you guys are 1, 2

https://www.google.com/search?q=Brandbucket&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb#rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&q=Brandable Business Names

Site command also gives me About 64,800 results, all with the new https

So this - "but you've sacrificed pretty much all of your rankings in Google"

is false.

From an outside perspective, since I don't have names with any of you guys, it comes across a little low brow your posts. If you want to compete, just beat them at the brandable domain game and let that do the talking. Stuff like you mentioning them changing to https, is probably meaningless to most people, since most just care if they can sell a domain there or not. Focus on real selling points.

Last edited:
•••
Rader, not sure you saw other threads pertaining to BR, but wondering why there's such a backlog on names at present @ BR (description, logo, live) I do find it a bit ironic that BB is moving much, much more quickly all of a sudden. Though it may be that competitive spirit at play.

•••
When I search BrandRoot, BB is at the top of the page. But it's a paid ad, not organic.

That begs the question: Is that intentional? Did BB bid on the keyword 'brandroot'? If so, shame on those assholes.That's pathetic--trying to steal another company's business using the other site's own name!

Precisely why the ad isn't on your screenshot, I dunno.

jAzHYVg.png

•••
What am I doing wrong? I don't find anything like you guys
aaa.png

•••
When I search BrandRoot, BB is at the top of the page. But it's a paid ad, not organic.

That begs the question: Is that intentional? Did BB bid on the keyword 'brandroot'? If so, shame on those assholes.That's pathetic--trying to steal another company's business using the other site's own name!

Precisely why the ad isn't on your screenshot, I dunno.

Not sure what you're seeing I see brandroot, no paid ads.

Last edited:
•••
Here ya are. I'm in Ohio (USA) so it might be a territory thingbb.jpg
bb.jpg

•••
Likely a geography thing. But honestly one does what one must. Rader left BB and started BR, he's solicited folks on BB to list their names on BR. It's competitive.

•••
Yeah, I only would have a problem with that kind of thing (and people have been sued) if you buy keywords and then pretend to be somebody else in the ad, someone clicks and goes to your site instead.

If BrandBucket bid on the keyword BrandRoot and in the ad said it was BrandRoot but when clicked went to BrandBucket. You can run into problems with that kind of thing.

Merely bidding on your competitor with a clear ad, to me is no different than Coke using Pepsi in their ads, letting people know they're the superior cola or Liquid Plumr going at Drano etc. These companies also buy keywords in a way at the cash register. Sometimes I buy a certain brand or product and get a coupon from the printout for a competing company. Companies use other companies all the time.

•••
Rader, not sure you saw other threads pertaining to BR, but wondering why there's such a backlog on names at present @ BR (description, logo, live) I do find it a bit ironic that BB is moving much, much more quickly all of a sudden. Though it may be that competitive spirit at play.

Brandroot has recently taken on such a huge number of submissions, almost all at once, that it has been nearly impossible to keep up while maintaining our current logo quality and writing. Submission acceptance on Brandroot is now determined by a few very experienced domainers who vote on each submission. If the name gets two accept votes, it get's accepted, while two reject votes gets rejected. The name then moves to a writers account, who is responsible for the writing and selecting categories. It then moves to pending logos where only a few accepted logo designers are working to create logos for this enormous backlog. This system was put in place to speed things up but unfortunately during its development things were slowed down quite dramatically. We are working hard to get things up to speed again. It's also not easy finding good logo designers who are willing to work for next to free. I apologize for the delays. Brandroot continues to prove itself as a surefire way to move domains. Most of our popular domainers sale 1-2 domains per month.

Thank you for your patience!

•••
True.I agree 100%. But BB is still being a prick doing this. "Oh, I've heard of this Brand Root thing. Let's search for it on Google." And ppl tend to click the first result or link on a SERPs, thus ppl who were iterested in Brand Root went to BrandBucket, instead.@margotb Care to explain why your company is being an asshole? Is it merely an "it's all just business" thing? You're stealing traffic and confusing users who may think both sites are one in the same. That makes you guys assholes in my book.

Likely a geography thing. But honestly one does what one must. Rader left BB and started BR, he's solicited folks on BB to list their names on BR. It's competitive.

•••

We certainly did not solicit folks from BB. We grew very slowly and organically and let the sellers come to us. We did encourage some Brandroot users to sell exclusively with us early on, but only to our users, not BB's.

•••
Pepsi tells ppl to try Coke and vice-versa. But they at least differentiate each other. Thee is little differentiating when you search A, see B, and have no idea A and B aren't related

Yeah, I only would have a problem with that kind of thing (and people have been sued) if you buy keywords and then pretend to be somebody else in the ad, someone clicks and goes to your site instead.

If BrandBucket bid on the keyword BrandRoot and in the ad said it was BrandRoot but when clicked went to BrandBucket. You can run into problems with that kind of thing.

Merely bidding on your competitor with a clear ad, to me is no different than Coke using Pepsi in their ads, letting people know they're the superior cola or Liquid Plumr going at Drano etc. These companies also buy keywords in a way at the cash register. Sometimes I buy a certain brand or product and get a coupon from the printout for a competing company. Companies use other companies all the time.

•••
Pepsi tells ppl to try Coke and vice-versa. But they at least differentiate each other. Thee is little differentiating when you search A, see B, and have no idea A and B aren't related

Well, they have different names, so unless you're reading disabled, it shouldn't be much of an issue. I know they're similar but tough. It's competition. It's allowed. Brandroot should just hop in and do the same thing, bid on Brandbucket. I've heard of some instances in the past where a trademark holder can stop people from using some keywords, had that happen in some of my ads many years ago. You can read up on the TM policy

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6118?hl=en

•••
What I said about differentiating still stands in my book. But you're right: If BB does it to BR, might as well try it vice-versa.

Well, they have different names, so unless you're reading disabled, it shouldn't be much of an issue. I know they're similar but tough. It's competition. It's allowed. Brandroot should just hop in and do the same thing, bid on Brandbucket. I've heard of some instances in the past where a trademark holder can stop people from using some keywords, had that happen in some of my ads many years ago.

•••
BB is ridiculous... it's just a ton of bad names priced really high..anyone can make up names and call them brandable... the whole thing just annoys me.

•••
BB is ridiculous... it's just a ton of bad names priced really high..anyone can make up names and call them brandable... the whole thing just annoys me.

Then you're essentially saying all brandable sites are B.S. For those of us who have invested, time & money in brandables, I'll go so far as to say you're negating my own efforts by bad mouthing BB, BR, and the like. If anyone can make up names, then by all means you do it. But yeah, 70k for a .ly thats cray cray.

Last edited:
•••
BB owns Namerific now. From what I've heard, namerific has wait times exceeding 6 months. They sure bought a piece of work.

That's not actually true.(BB didn't buy NR) Not sure where you heard that or from whom. As for the 6 month wait times, it does seem the wait is longest with NR. BB and BR may be neck and neck, 1-2 months from what it seems now.

•••
That's not actually true.(BB didn't buy NR) Not sure where you heard that or from whom. As for the 6 month wait times, it does seem the wait is longest with NR. BB and BR may be neck and neck, 1-2 months from what it seems now.

Actually, it is true.

•••
Actually, it is true.

It's not true, but even if it were, I'm not sure why it's relevant to this thread which has gotten way off topic lol

•••
Threads tend to do that here lol

It's not true, but even if it were, I'm not sure why it's relevant to this thread which has gotten way off topic lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back