IT.COM

When a brandable marketplace...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
....lists their top brandables on another marketplace, you can pretty much say the ship has sailed.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
highly unlikely to sell to end users on flippa. Perhaps they are just testing the waters to see if there are any brokers out there.

She just got done saying why they are using Flippa...or did you just skip right down to the end?

•••
We recently changed over our site to use all https://, and asked that our current non-https indexed pages be flushed. We are currently waiting for this change to propagate through the Google search index.

I'm sorry, but I have to ask, why would you possibly need to change all of your pages to HTTPS? Of course for purchase pages and logins... but name listings?? And your home page?? Not only will changing your pages to HTTPS likely slow down your website some but you've sacrificed pretty much all of your rankings in Google (how, I don't know)... for something not even Pinterest or even the web-development forum behemoth Stackoverflow does. Just curious I guess.

•••
I actually do go through the normal regular, accept, wait times, and logo process. I don't get to skip to the head of the line. If I have 100 accepted names on BB and another person has 100 accepted names, the process time is identical.

What a load of BS. Can you please explain to us why in the world you would be a brand ambassador for Brand Bucket if there wasn't some kind of incentive. If you don't get some preferential treatment than why do it? It makes no sense but you have a public forum right here to enlighten us.

When any individual has over 600 names listed at Brand Bucket then you better be making sales or you should find another line of work. It is much easier when out of the first 10 pages on Brand Bucket your names are a huge bulk of the listings.

•••
I would just like to say Congrats to Brand Bucket for breaking the 6000 mark for domains listed there.

I remember when they would say that we like to keep our inventory small so a person could go through it while drinking a cup of coffee. You better have a cup the size of a pool because it's going to take a long long time now.

•••
•••
I would just like to say Congrats to Brand Bucket for breaking the 6000 mark for domains listed there.

I remember when they would say that we like to keep our inventory small so a person could go through it while drinking a cup of coffee. You better have a cup the size of a pool because it's going to take a long long time now.
I agree market is saturated there and like many marketplaces this limits the exposure of your listed names and the likely hood that a potential suiter for the name will find and choose one of the names you have listed.

•••
I never said that I don't receive benefits from being an ambassador. I did say that I don't get any preferential treatment when submitting & publishing domains. My commission is also the same as everyone else.

From the press release...

BrandBucket Ambassadors will be afforded special perks, resources and budgets to help them promote their portfolios and help represent BrandBucket's ever-growing collection of available business names for entrepreneurs, startups and new businesses.

My listings are a significant, but small portion of BB listings. Many, many more names are being sold on BB than my own. It's not like I went from 0-700 names overnight. I had like 30-40 for the first 3-4 months and like 7 or 8 of them sold. Then I stayed around 100-125 for the next 6-8 months, and a good clip continued to sell. I had excellent success on BB before a large number of names went live.

•••
It is much easier when out of the first 10 pages on Brand Bucket your names are a huge bulk of the listings.

The first 13 pages of BB are "Staff Picks" and there are only a handful of my names included.

Last edited:
•••
I'm a domainer, though would ultimately like to be the enduser someday (soon) I had only recently familiarized myself with brandable sites having been away from domaining for awhile. And I must say as one reads between the lines the vitriol and negativity directed towards BB seems rather petty at least from where I sit.

•••
I haven't read any explanations or acknowledgement given to the original reason behind all of the debate...being the exclusivity policy and how it's fair to list select domains on other marketplaces while the rest can't be listed anywhere else.

And I guarantee anyone defending the positions of a company and blindly ignoring the case simply had a past sale there, good for you, but what about the thousands of others who paid fees and are binded to not promote their brand anywhere else.

Look. No one is out to bash a company for the sake of bashing.... but I'm noticing more and more on the forums that if you make a legitimate case or state your opinion on the business practices of a company in the industry, all of a sudden "You're Petty, You're A Basher, You're Negative" and people begin getting insulted and start personally bashing others, etc. Wtf?

If you can't openly discuss experiences and opinions about your dealings in the domain industry on a domain forum without it being considered "Petty" - Where the hell do you do it? Is your voice, opinions, and experiences supposed to be "shunned" because it's against popular opinion at the moment?

Acknowledge complaints and state legitimate rebuttals if you're capable of doing so and all is well. A professional company, a company someone *would want* to do business with and stay loyal to cares about the opinions of their customers, acknowledges their concerns and does their best to state their case, especially in such a competitive market.

It's simply my opinion as well as the opinion of others from what I've been reading that If select domains are listed elsewhere, unless the entire portfolio of that marketplace will also be distributed through these channels without additional fees, I don't see the benefits or fairness to those binded into exclusivity agreements.

The fact is, if you google search "Brandable domains" - there are now hundreds of marketplaces, ranking well, charging lesser or no initial fees and FVFs - Which in a way I'm glad has happened because we all see what happens when a single company monopolizes something...

I just had to comment at some of the responses I read....open discussion and opinions being shared about a marketplace should never be considered "Petty" or "Negative" and if you label people making legitimate complaints or giving their opinions on something, you give full rule over everyone and anyone for $$ and your personal benefit.

Last edited:
•••
I haven't read any explanations or acknowledgement given to the original reason behind all of the debate...being the exclusivity policy and how it's fair to list select domains on other marketplaces while the rest can't be listed anywhere else.

As far as I can tell, the domains that are currently listed by BB on Flippa are NOT listed at BrandBucket. They have been removed (unless you can show me otherwise). I'm going to assume you are free to do the same exact thing if brandbucket does not sell your brandable fast enough.

Source - someone who has never listed a domain at brandbucket or any other brandable marketplace

•••

And I guarantee anyone defending the positions of a company and blindly ignoring the case simply had a past sale there, good for you, but what about the thousands of others who paid fees and are binded to not promote their brand anywhere else.

Look. No one is out to bash a company for the sake of bashing.... but I'm noticing more and more on the forums that if you make a legitimate case or state your opinion on the business practices of a company in the industry, all of a sudden "You're Petty, You're A Basher, You're Negative" and people begin getting insulted and start personally bashing others, etc. Wtf?

If you can't openly discuss experiences and opinions about your dealings in the domain industry on a domain forum without it being considered "Petty" - Where the hell do you do it? Is your voice, opinions, and experiences supposed to be "shunned" because it's against popular opinion at the moment?

Acknowledge complaints and state legitimate rebuttals if you're capable of doing so and all is well. A professional company, a company someone *would want* to do business with and stay loyal to cares about the opinions of their customers, acknowledges their concerns and does their best to state their case, especially in such a competitive market.

It's simply my opinion as well as the opinion of others from what I've been reading that If select domains are listed elsewhere, unless the entire portfolio of that marketplace will also be distributed through these channels without additional fees, I don't see the benefits or fairness to those binded into exclusivity agreements.

The fact is, if you google search "Brandable domains" - there are now hundreds of marketplaces, ranking well, charging lesser or no initial fees and FVFs - Which in a way I'm glad has happened because we all see what happens when a single company monopolizes something...

I just had to comment at some of the responses I read....open discussion and opinions being shared about a marketplace should never be considered "Petty" or "Negative" and if you label people making legitimate complaints or giving their opinions on something, you give full rule over everyone and anyone for $$ and your personal benefit.

Agreed. If you're spending the money to keep a site operational you have every right, or even duty, to state your objections and complaints.

•••
As far as I can tell, the domains that are currently listed by BB on Flippa are NOT listed at BrandBucket. They have been removed (unless you can show me otherwise). I'm going to assume you are free to do the same exact thing if brandbucket does not sell your brandable fast enough.

Source - someone who has never listed a domain at brandbucket or any other brandable marketplace

Gotta love that "If you don't like it don't buy it" attitude, real professional.

•••
Gotta love that "If you don't like it don't buy it" attitude, real professional.

One thing w/ business. You can't make everyone happy.

•••
One thing w/ business. You can't make everyone happy.

^ Imagine that mindset from a company monopolizing everything. I'm sure PayPal, eBay, etc would agree with that statement with their next fee increase.

I prefer "The customer is always right"

Last edited:
•••
I honestly believe BB will become 'just another sales platform.' BIDO did just the same. Now, BIDO is worthless unless you wanna make $20 off a regfee domain or something.

•••
^ Imagine that mindset with a company monopolizing everything. I'm sure PayPal, eBay, etc would say the same thing.

I prefer "The customer is always right"

An informed customer...lol (kidding). I agree w/ some of the points you guys are making, but I'm just looking at it from the outside. BB is getting berated all the time in what I would define as "petty" at times. It's not so much constructive criticism as it just blatant attacks. And you can't expect a business to just cower in the corner.

•••
I'm impartial, as I currently don't have my names listed anywhere, much less sold any. Though as of now I have names accepted at all three marketplaces waiting to go live. And it is just my opinion, as a female domainer in a male dominated industry, that semantics aside, words like petty and negative are my perception as there seems to be a bit of anger seething in the undertow. A public forum one should be able to discuss, agreed. But lambasting others for stating an opinion only proves my point about vitriol and beating ones chest to prove who is right/wrong.

Last edited:
•••
An informed customer...lol (kidding). I agree w/ some of the points you guys are making, but I'm just looking at it from the outside. BB is getting berated all the time in what I would define as "petty" at times. It's not so much constructive criticism as it just blatant attacks. And you can't expect a business to just cower in the corner.

Being the owner/operator of Brandroot I know it's probably not wise for me to keep interjecting here, as it simply sounds competitive (it's not), it's the passion I had against BB that energized me to start Brandroot. For the most part I was ignored and was treated as very "petty." All of these attacks I believe arise from people experiencing similar there. It's odd to see so much distaste for a company that makes a lot of people money. But there's a reason for it. The overall sentiment towards BB constantly arises as being hostile, frustrated and resentful. The pettiness you always hear is because of the lack of appreciation they show for their sellers, but I think that's changing now that there are several different options for sellers (not to mention their exciting new website design and new Libyan .ly listings).

•••
I'm impartial, as I currently don't have my names listed anywhere, much less sold any. Though as of now I have names accepted at all three marketplaces waiting to go live. And it is just my opinion, as a female domainer in a male dominated industry, that semantics aside, words like petty and negative are my perception as there seems to be a bit of anger seething in the undertow. A public forum one should be able to discuss, agreed. But lambasting others for stating an opinion only proves my point about vitriol and beating ones chest to prove who is right/wrong.

You have names accepted in all three marketplaces waiting to go live? If this is true, you'll be receiving automated emails from BB stating you have to take down your listings from the other 2 marketplaces which is the whole point of what you're calling "Petty"

On that note, I am done responding here. Some people obviously want to debate for the sake of debating and aren't even aware of the points being made.

Last edited:
•••
In the past Brand Bucket had no competition and could do whatever they wanted whenever they wanted. The problem is they continue to have an arrogant attitude toward the very people that put food on their plate. What was once no competition has ballooned into many sites selling brandable names. They have lost tons of sales to BrandRoot, Namerific etc…. I know this for a fact because I have sold names on their competitors sites. Sites that didn't exist a year ago. Names that they even rejected sometimes by their so called "Brand Bucket Linguists" LOL

I remember when I sold my first name there and I didn't even receive as little as a thank you from them when I put $1,000 worth of commission in their pocket. They did nothing to sell that name and they can't even send a simple "Thank You" email. You may find that petty but I say that's just bad business. From that day forward I never submitted another name to them and only submitted to their competition in hoping that competition would put them out of business. In reality their arrogance is going to put them out of business.

I could deal with the petty things but the lack of respect they give to people that make them money by making us wait weeks and sometimes months for a yes or no on names is ridiculous. I am not the only one fed up with them but one of the only ones that isn't afraid to voice their opinion.

•••
You have names accepted in all three marketplaces waiting to go live? If this is true, you'll be receiving automated emails from BB stating you have to take down your listings from the other 2 marketplaces which is the whole point of what you're calling "Petty"

On that note, I am done responding here. Some people obviously want to debate for the sake of debating and aren't even aware of what they're doing.

Calm down. I never stated the same names. Different names in different market places. I understand exclusivity is the case with both BB & BR. I have no problem with that. Reading a bit into it. Angry much?

•••
Angry, no. Italian, yes.

•••
Angry, no. Italian, yes.
I'm Italian too. lol

Capo caldo, ottenuto. Ma sul serio non è necessario saltare alle conclusioni. Lei è molto aggressivo.

•••
In the past Brand Bucket had no competition and could do whatever they wanted whenever they wanted. The problem is they continue to have an arrogant attitude toward the very people that put food on their plate. What was once no competition has ballooned into many sites selling brandable names. They have lost tons of sales to BrandRoot, Namerific etc…. I know this for a fact because I have sold names on their competitors sites. Sites that didn't exist a year ago. Names that they even rejected sometimes by their so called "Brand Bucket Linguists" LOL

I remember when I sold my first name there and I didn't even receive as little as a thank you from them when I put $1,000 worth of commission in their pocket. They did nothing to sell that name and they can't even send a simple "Thank You" email. You may find that petty but I say that's just bad business. From that day forward I never submitted another name to them and only submitted to their competition in hoping that competition would put them out of business. In reality their arrogance is going to put them out of business.

I could deal with the petty things but the lack of respect they give to people that make them money by making us wait weeks and sometimes months for a yes or no on names is ridiculous. I am not the only one fed up with them but one of the only ones that isn't afraid to voice their opinion.

BB owns Namerific now. From what I've heard, namerific has wait times exceeding 6 months. They sure bought a piece of work.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back