NameSilo

What's your preferred marketplace to sell your domains for their BIN price?

Labeled as question in Domain Selling and Domain Sales, started by newdawndomains, Sep 19, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. newdawndomains

newdawndomains Established Member

I see there are several marketplaces like GoDaddy, Dan, SEDO, etc. to sell your domains, so I was wondering if people had a go-to preference when it came to putting up the BIN price one one and accepting offers on all the rest. From what I understand, setting a BIN price on more than one marketplace can result in accidentally selling a domain to two people at once, so I'm wondering what's the best marketplace to sell domains for their BIN price?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. korganian

korganian Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

3. AbdulBasit.com

AbdulBasit.com DomainsWeb.com AbdulBasit.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

4. Mister Funsky

Mister Funsky Top Contributor VIP

For the last few years I've used the marketplace offered by the registrar at which the names are registered for selling at BIN pricing (if one is available and it is easy to use). Over half of my names are registered at Epik but I've been adding names at other registrars from auctions, etc. I am considering doing a test by pointing them all to Afternic. It would cost me roughly 10% more than a couple of other marketplaces charge, but their active brokers might increase total sales...especially for those names that are in my premium category.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  5. Kingslayer

Kingslayer Top Contributor VIP

Whilst i don't have my domains re-directing to there, GoDaddy is probably the marketplace I've sold most domains on.

I'm trying to put myself in how i would think before i started investing in domains, if i wanted a domain and it was re-directing to GoDaddy i may buy, but if it was re-directing to another not known marketplace i'd be sceptical of buying. I never heard of the likes of Sedo/Dan/Epik/Flippa until i started investing in domains, so would have no interest in having an account on these sites to even make an offer on a potential domain i liked, i did have an account on GoDaddy though.

End of the day everyone's heard of GoDaddy even if you don't know much about domains and people (who don't know or care about domains) tend to go with what they know and know they can trust.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  6. Isaac Meeya

Isaac Meeya Established Member

7. Pay.My.id

Pay.My.id Top Contributor VIP

Its depend on your extension :

# Domain . com , net, org, .info and .DE . Reg over 60 days registrar lock , I usually list on Afternic , especially for Fast Transfer

# DAN ... I use Dan to ensure that we can push the domain when our name sold under 60 days handreg

# SEDO ... I list on Sedo for certain extension , especially ccTLD like .DE and .ID

8. Isaac Meeya

Isaac Meeya Established Member

You can redirect your domains to godaddy. Check cbdgap/com or cryptosir/com

9. Goorga

Goorga Established Member

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice