Dynadot

question What's your preferred marketplace to sell your domains for their BIN price?

NameSilo
Watch

newdawndomains

Established Member
Impact
I see there are several marketplaces like GoDaddy, Dan, SEDO, etc. to sell your domains, so I was wondering if people had a go-to preference when it came to putting up the BIN price one one and accepting offers on all the rest. From what I understand, setting a BIN price on more than one marketplace can result in accidentally selling a domain to two people at once, so I'm wondering what's the best marketplace to sell domains for their BIN price?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
For the last few years I've used the marketplace offered by the registrar at which the names are registered for selling at BIN pricing (if one is available and it is easy to use). Over half of my names are registered at Epik but I've been adding names at other registrars from auctions, etc. I am considering doing a test by pointing them all to Afternic. It would cost me roughly 10% more than a couple of other marketplaces charge, but their active brokers might increase total sales...especially for those names that are in my premium category.

Last edited:
•••
Whilst i don't have my domains re-directing to there, GoDaddy is probably the marketplace I've sold most domains on.

I'm trying to put myself in how i would think before i started investing in domains, if i wanted a domain and it was re-directing to GoDaddy i may buy, but if it was re-directing to another not known marketplace i'd be sceptical of buying. I never heard of the likes of Sedo/Dan/Epik/Flippa until i started investing in domains, so would have no interest in having an account on these sites to even make an offer on a potential domain i liked, i did have an account on GoDaddy though.

End of the day everyone's heard of GoDaddy even if you don't know much about domains and people (who don't know or care about domains) tend to go with what they know and know they can trust.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Its depend on your extension :

# Domain . com , net, org, .info and .DE . Reg over 60 days registrar lock , I usually list on Afternic , especially for Fast Transfer

# DAN ... I use Dan to ensure that we can push the domain when our name sold under 60 days handreg

# SEDO ... I list on Sedo for certain extension , especially ccTLD like .DE and .ID

•••
...if i wanted a domain and it was re-directing to GoDaddy i may buy,
You can redirect your domains to godaddy. Check cbdgap/com or cryptosir/com

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back