Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
got price request from them 2 weeks ago
replied: bin=2k, floor=950$

no news.

then by chance I review some old emails today, and write him to ask what was buyers highest offer
2 mins later I get a reply....... "$1000"

whats up with them sleeping at the wheel? or they just do not understand floor ... or do not care for 1k sales and fish for bigger things only?

which one is it?

I've no sales with uniregistry yet.. and never liked them.. but this is beyond unprofessional.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Jeffrey, it would be great if you could clarify what forum handles are supposed to represent Uniregistry (I think here we have at least 2 more persons from Uni), and make somebody participate and respond. I myself can ask a number of questions, such as why the system bugs I reported in 2016(!) were never taken care of, or why a 5-figures sales lead where the broker offered a payment plan to the buyer, and the buyer agreed, is still not closed (yes, I would never touch escrow.com again, the broker is aware of this, and he even sent a pdf to the buyer with a paper agreement - but it was determined that Uni would not do payment plans for 3rd party sellers. I may give you the lead ID, but it may not be easy for you to check, as I communicated with the broker on mutually-native language /not English/). Etc, etc, etc.
?
@Jeffrey Gabriel

Last edited:
•••
I have had two sales with them but that's out of 300+ inquiries. That's really poor. It's one reason I've been quietly working on my own website.

I even looked back on some names and saw a name with a $3000 offer and at no point as I notified of this offer...Recently again a buyer couldn't afford a name straight out so the broker gave them the option of a payment plan. The the buyer seemed very interested, but the broker told them that payment must be made in full because I the seller said so and that maybe they should try a credit card etc. I wouldn't mind a full sale but don't offer them an option to pay over time and then tell them you can't keep you word to what you just offered.

Honestly, I would have made well over 100K by now if some of these sales were handled properly.

A buyer offered me 5K for a good phrase and a broker ignored the offer. The initial offer was 3k and I felt it was worth more. The broker disagreed. Well the buyer felt the name was worth it too. Problem: I contacted the broker for two to three weeks with no response. meaning the broker didn't just ignore me but they never responded the the buyer. The buyer then stopped responding. I literally had to call Uniregistry and they admit they were at fault and took that broker off all my future inquiries.

I hope as I get better at pricing, I can have a better experience with them. And keep up with any discussions they have with the buyers.

•••
Alcy,

Thank you for the feedback and your comment. Could you please send me the domain name you are referring to so I can look into the matter as to what you are writing about? You can send it to [email protected] or call me 1-949-416-2555 x6261. Thank you.

As to the comments about our 1% close rate...Yes, that percentage is true. I think that a lot of you assume that our 1% close rate is predicated on having one hundred people who genuinely want to buy a domain and only ONE buying, That simply is not true. The one percent close rate that we speak about counts every single inquiry we receive. That includes people who are totally confused and are not buyers. It includes those who are interested, and even those making fake inquires to see how we handle them. If you looked at the number of confused individuals who inquire every single day plus the number of sales we make from years of following up you would be quite impressed with our success.

If NamePros is interested I would be happy to do a question and answer session next week for the community. Let me know if this is something of interest.

Thank you for your business and the opportunity.

Jeffrey M. Gabriel
Vice President of Sales
1-949-416-2555 x6261

Thanks for taking the time Jeff, I think it might be good just my opinion, to have a close rate based on real buyers.

The Q&A is definitely something worthwhile, I am sure @Eric Lyon can help you set it up.

•••
•••
There is a lot of misguided inquiries, especially with crypto domains, people they are signing up for ico free coins etc... a lady wanted to see if a domain had her vacuum filter size etc...At the end of the day it comes down to you owning a quality domain, that someone is after, and them executing on the communication side. I mean if a broker is off for a week on vacation or so, well the buyer needs to get an out of office email or something. Maybe brokers push harder as they get a % incentive, so it is more lucrative to them at times, where the domain owner wants to close the sale, instead of losing an active buyer.

There is a common issue that everyone brings up, and that is communication, I have no issue handing a inquiry off to a broker, but they have to own it, and work on it, not drive the buyer crazy with templates asking them if they are still alive? I found most of my sold broker inquiries came when the brokers picked up the phone, or skyped with buyers, they made a connection. Emailing numbers back, and forth, well we can all do that, it is that salesmanship, that people are looking for in the brokers.

Last edited:
•••
There is a lot of misguided inquiries, especially with crypto domains, people they are signing up for ico free coins etc... a lady wanted to see if a domain had her vacuum filter size etc...At the end of the day it comes down to you owning a quality domain, that someone is after, and them executing on the communication side. I mean if a broker is off for a week on vacation or so, well the buyer needs to get an out of office email or something. Maybe brokers push harder as they get a % incentive, so it is more lucrative to them at times, where the domain owner wants to close the sale, instead of losing an active buyer.

There is a common issue that everyone brings up, and that is communication, I have no issue handing a inquiry off to a broker, but they have to own it, and work on it, not drive the buyer crazy with templates asking them if they are still alive? I found most of my sold broker inquiries came when the brokers picked up the phone, or skyped with buyers, they made a connection. Emailing numbers back, and forth, well we can all do that, it is that salesmanship, that people are looking for in the brokers.

@wwwweb without going into great detail different leads are treated differently. If someone inquires with a Gmail address, and we cannot find any other information we treat that differently than someone who inquires with a working phone number from a legitimate business. Both of those examples are two different ends of the spectrum. Then everything else in between is handled differently from there.

When a good lead that is legitimately interested is nibbling the Broker has been trained, and are expected to do exactly what you are referring to. If we get a lead on a domain that looks to be unqualified, but we are not certain then we let our automated system take over.

•••
I inquired on a domain name several years ago. Ever since then, I periodically get emails from (insert broker name) at Uniregistry. They tell me they have been assigned my account (not sure what account -- does that mean the one inquiry I made several years ago?).

So last week on April 2, I get an email from a broker/agent at Uniregistry saying they were assigned my account for the domain name I inquired about years ago. After a few words for introduction they said "perhaps I can shed some light on this opportunity. I have some ideas of my own"

I replied on the same day "Hi, what are your ideas?"

I have not received anything else since then. Totally unprofessional on their part to send out an email and not reply when I send a response. It's hard to close a deal when you send an email saying you have some ideas, and then do not reply when the fish bites...

Regards,
DN

Last edited:
•••
Hi MOMD,

Are you on vacation?

Regards,
Stephanie

Review & Respond Online

Stephanie B. Gillies
Sales Associate
Office: +1 949 416 2555 ext: 6282
Direct: +1 345 325 0562

Your automated system is a disgrace. What kind of response is the one above to a possible buyer?

Hello MOMD,

Did my emails get buried?

Answer: no, they got marked as phishing mails

GO into great detail @Jeffrey Gabriel were all ears

•••
imo an issue with Uniregistry is most end-user small businesses want to deal with Godaddy only and act negative if not GD. Plus, of course Uni gets a fraction of traffic vs GD, in addition GD auctions are real poplar. So Uni has far less name recognition, a lot lower traffic and no auctions making GD an obvious winner.

I have been with Uniregistry since they opened and now see a need to transfer some domains which have a good chance to sell to GD, a process I am starting this week. However, uni's platform is far better and much more user friendly vs GD's more complex and less powerful looking one, and prices are also higher at GD plus they charge a ton of money for privacy vs being free at Uniregistry. Thus I may not move most names to GD.

Last edited:
•••
I forgot to say of course Uniregisry brokers would be superior to GD since I do not think they have a real brokerage team at GD and if they do it's likely a little effort broker without much if any later follow-up (please correct me if incorrect) and I agree the sales percentage at Uni is not good..

•••
I forgot to say of course Uniregisry brokers would be superior to GD since I do not think they have a real brokerage team at GD and if they do it's likely a little effort broker without much if any later follow-up (please correct me if incorrect) and I agree the sales percentage at Uni is not good..
Godaddy has their domainbuy department, as well as afternic brokerage team.

•••
If anyone at Uniregistry monitors this thread, I would recommend reviewing your offers otherwise you are going to lose a lot of domains, and business to namesilo.

.Guitars is a Uniregistry extension

cost to transfer a reg fee .guitars to uniregistry $29.88

cost to transfer a reg fee .guitars to namesilo $22.10

It's 25% cheaper, for a reseller of the extension, rather than the home account of the extension?

Also I had a broker who I gave a final $3K quote to, what does he do, he goes and tells the guy if you can get to $2.5K, I can probably get it done for you. The buyer was at $2K, they would have got there eventually, now I will never get this buyer to $3K, because this person took it upon themselves to price a domain they do not own lower based on them trying to close quickly, I was in no hurry. Very disappointed.

Last edited:
•••
@Jeffrey Gabriel - can you provide some feedback please?

In particular:

- I can post a large "collection" of statements from various leads where the buyers explained to Uniregistry brokers that the Uni-originated emails are ending up in spam. Will Uniregistry do something? We are losing sales if the buyers do not receive anything back (or if they do not see a response).

- A lot of new brokers recently. Are they well trained? I had cases where new brokers asked the buyer to make an offer (without asking me anything), or sent an increased quote to the buyer (with or without asking me the seller to provide an actual price). Increased quotes should not happen (at least without asking the seller first).

- Payment plans. I was told once that they will be ready in Jan. this year. It is May now, and the payment plans are not yet available. I mean Uniregistry-powered plans, not escrow.com... Moreover, even though I unlinked escrow.com account from Uniregistry long time ago (as I stopped using escrowcom), Uniregistry bot is still sending automated followups explicitly offering payment plans - I see this in many leads. Should the buyer agree or show interest (and I had such cases), it is unclear how the brokers are supposed to act. In no case will I use escrow.com anymore, so... ?

- Bankwire payouts from Uniregistry do show Cayman Islands based sender. As a matter of fact, Cayman islands is one of suspicious jurisdictions from banking and regulatory points of view. I had to explain to my bank that Uniregistry is fine. Therefore, not all customers may find it comfortable to wire funds to Cayman-based beneficiary, and not all domainers may find it practical (or possible) to receive $$$ from Uni using bank transfers. Yes there are online payment methods for <$5K transactions and also paypal withdrawals, but still... Any chances to eliminate this specific issue? Yes I (personally) know that there is nothing wrong with Cayman Islands or Cayman-based businesses, but banks in other countries and regulatory authorities worldwide are of different opinion, and frequently. I worry that I may be unable to receive wire payouts from Caymans in a long run, so what options do I have? Paypal non-masspayment only? Aren't paypal transactions limited with $4K or $5K, and what the paypal fees would be?

- Parking config is outdated in aspects of categorization. I can still categorize Uni-parked domain as Usenet-Newsgroup related one (yes, I still remember from 199x what were usenet newsgroups), but there is no way to correctly categorize digital currency related domains. Or webhosting-related domains. Etc, etc, etc. Also, an opportunity to set custom fixed related links and multilingual sets of keywords would be greatly appreciated.

- "new" Uniregistry system is still in beta. Imho. I reported various bugs, including via my Uni account manager who promised to deliver the report to "Tech Dept Head" or something... Nothing was fixed.

- I am unsure what is the role of Uniregistry account managers. My account manager set bulk pricing initially, and explained some things about the interface I was unfamiliar with. With any future routine issues, he always opened a ticket on my behalf.

- Uniregistry account managers do not touch market-sales issues. Unfortunately. Is there a way to receive personalized support from somebody "above" brokers, if I have a marketplace-related issue?

•••
I like that they actually respond. It's not their fault that all their sellers want $50k for a $2k domain. LOL

•••
Despite having disabled brokerage option for all my domains at Uniregistry, Uni brokers tend to intercept incoming inquiries, and self-appoint themselves as brokers/mediators, blocking most of the details on the prospective buyer, including their offer,name etc.
In one such instance previously i asked them to reassign the inquiry back to me and they did but, why even do this in the first place and waste precious time for the seller and the buyer!!!!

They have to keep such practices in check, if they intend to retain the trust of their clients.

•••
It’s because they take your floor price and add $175 to it, which is the brokers commission. If the buyer doesn’t agree then the broker walks.

•••
Despite having disabled brokerage option for all my domains at Uniregistry, Uni brokers tend to intercept incoming inquiries, and self-appoint themselves as brokers/mediators, blocking most of the details on the prospective buyer, including their offer,name etc.
In one such instance previously i asked them to reassign the inquiry back to me and they did but, why even do this in the first place and waste precious time for the seller and the buyer!!!!

They have to keep such practices in check, if they intend to retain the trust of their clients.
Update:I want to clarify that, this was just a case of a miscommunication from their broker's end and seems there wasn't any untowardly act as i have specified.
Until recently I didn't know that any inquiry that's received via their marketplace search is assigned to a broker, irrespective of seller's brokerage preferences.

I had received an inquiry via Uni some time back and when the broker intervened, i asked the lead be assigned back to me since i had brokerage disabled for my a/c.The broker complied and in response asked me to check my brokerage settings in the future, which made no sense at all since i was confident that i had disabled brokerage.
The same thing occurred to another one of my recent inquiries and when i asked the broker to do the same, there was no timely response or action and there was no way for me to contact the buyer too.
Finally when I contacted their cust. support, they clarified the situation and their process for inquiries received through their marketplace.

They should include such significant details on the their website's market rules section, to avoid such confusion.

•••
Hearing from many inquiries that uni emails are going directly into spam. Not sure how they can fix this, but it is a very serious issue.

•••
- A lot of new brokers recently. Are they well trained? I had cases where new brokers asked the buyer to make an offer (without asking me anything), or sent an increased quote to the buyer (with or without asking me the seller to provide an actual price). Increased quotes should not happen (at least without asking the seller first).
Yes new broker names seen a lot and some seem unskilled to start. One waited three days to reply to client, then offered domain far below the price I had set for it - good thing customer did not accept that wrong price, I mean Uni would look bad saying to customer that the domain could not be bought at that price.

- Payment plans. I was told once that they will be ready in Jan. this year. It is May now, and the payment plans are not yet available. I mean Uniregistry-powered plans, not escrow.com...

Yes how are customers supposed to know of that?

In once case I asked broker to propose that to client and broker seemed to think client already knew payment plans were possible. How would client know? By comparison on several other sales venues the lander page mentions payments by installment as a possibility.

Getting maybe 50% of the inquiries I used to on Uni, and some are saying the landing pages may be at fault.

Last edited:
•••
When I signed up with them, I got offers in hours. One I quoted 1200$ the broker told the guy 3300$
I asked him wtf. He said weed is a emerging market and i dont know the value. Trust him
The end of them. I contacted the guy personally and sold for 500 .ca
Dropped my last .xyz there in december, won't return
I may Have to try this..

•••
Uniregistry problem is that they think every sale should be mid to high 4 figures + So sales in the low 4 figures and even high 3 figures, would be ignored and lost. These are sales that would help a domainer to keep going but I guess it doesn't benefit the broker as much.

But Uniregistry has no place to ignore any respectable offer because they no longer do quality control. They don't review names like they once did. I've lost so many sales there that I could have got for 1k to 1.5k. some $500 +.

I have to put up with them a little until my personal site is ready.

I want to try their self brokerage again but in the past inquiries stopped coming in when i switched to that...

Anyone with advice for self brokerage through Uniregistry????

•••
What's the difference between floor price and minimum price?

•••
What's the difference between floor price and minimum price?
The same as "floor" does on Afternic...
They plan to add UniMarket domains to Afternic inventory on Aug'1...

•••
What is "floor price" on Afternic?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back