Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
got price request from them 2 weeks ago
replied: bin=2k, floor=950$

no news.

then by chance I review some old emails today, and write him to ask what was buyers highest offer
2 mins later I get a reply....... "$1000"

whats up with them sleeping at the wheel? or they just do not understand floor ... or do not care for 1k sales and fish for bigger things only?

which one is it?

I've no sales with uniregistry yet.. and never liked them.. but this is beyond unprofessional.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When I signed up with them, I got offers in hours. One I quoted 1200$ the broker told the guy 3300$
I asked him wtf. He said weed is a emerging market and i dont know the value. Trust him
The end of them. I contacted the guy personally and sold for 500 .ca
Dropped my last .xyz there in december, won't return

I have full control via my landers, I would never let an inexperienced broker work on my deals. If they contact me with a sale I will deal with them but in every day negotiations I prefer to deal with the buyer myself. My best successes are when I get the phone number and chat with the end user. I get a feel who I am dealing with and we can usually come to an understanding.

•••
1% closing ratio WTF??? for inbound inquiries..... thats shocking!. In most sales environments, a 1% closing ratio on INBOUND inquiries would probably get the sales person fired quickly...lol :xf.eek:

The best direct sales professionals have a closing ratio of 1 in 2

eg every two sales presentations = 1 sale

And that's self generated enquiries and they can do that working less than 50 hours a week

They are just 's hot at what they do eg a sales person should be able to er sell

And inbound enquiries are sales that fall in a person's lap saying please take my money etc

Closing ratio of inbound enquiries should be higher than 1 in 2

Eg higher closing ratio of 50% success rate for inbound enquiries etc

Mind you I am talking about the best of the best direct sales professionals

Eg the people who don't need or want a fully expensed company car

(because the one they buy out of their own pocket is usually much better than any company car offered

A true direct sales professional chooses the hours they work and the terms and conditions they work on and the commission they are prepared to work for

They state the terms

It's their way or no way

And the best direct sales professionals make direct sales the hardest highest paid job in the world

I once wanted to secure finance on my portfolio and was told that there was nothing in my portfolio that finance could be secured on by a domain name lending company

Ironic then that one of the domains in my portfolio I think at the time was one that was bought by one of the biggest legal firms in the world

(but not worth anything etc)

I choose not to advertise my privacy legal donains in dot com but ironic that fb users are currently obsessed with privacy all of a sudden

Such is life

•••
I have full control via my landers, I would never let an inexperienced broker work on my deals. If they contact me with a sale I will deal with them but in every day negotiations I prefer to deal with the buyer myself. My best successes are when I get the phone number and chat with the end user. I get a feel who I am dealing with and we can usually come to an understanding.

thats what I'd like to do.. however, as you see in this lead, which did not originate from uiregistry sale page or inquiry but is a syndicated domaintools lead... apparently there is no way to handle these on my own.. even though every domain I have on unireg market is set to self broker.

I was also told before that even if the offer comes from unireg market directly, and even if you are set to self broker.. there are several variables that come into play and you may end up still getting a broker message about it.

its variables that even person who was explaining this to me didn't fully understand. odd things along the lines of.. if the buyer making offer has recently made another unireg market offer, then the broker may get the lead..

all in all, that self broker setting they have, to me, seems like more for show only. and does not actually work. or at least not like it should.

•••
In domains its impossible to have a good overall sales ratio since the vast majority of inquiries are junk inquiries, tire kickers, curiosity seekers, from people who never respond, fail to use full name or a real phone number, or would never pay more than a few hundred $ for a domain no matter how valuable the name is.

Last edited:
•••
In domains its impossible to have a good overall sales ratio since the vast majority of inquiries are junk inquiries, tire kickers, curiousity seekers, from people who never respond, fail to use full name or a real phone number, or would never pay more than a few hundred $ for a domain no matter how valuable the name may be.

that goes without saying

the point that was being made here is that taking into account all you said, uniregistry brokers have below average success in closing deals.

•••
My experience at Unireg wasn't very positive either. I decided to give them a try for awhile and came away pretty unimpressed. I placed some of my second tier dn's there and out of 4-6 leads (??? - it's been a year or two and I've forgotten specifics), they didn't manage to close any of them. Most leads died after their first response to the potential buyer.

No matter which "broker" got the lead, they all replied with the same canned email response. And then all their follow up emails to the leads were another batch of canned follow up responses. Depite having phone numbers for the leads, it appears none of the brokers picked up the phone to try to follow up on any of them. They tried do do everything by (canned) email/messaging. Plus, after their first message to me, the brokers rarely sought me out to discuss what was happening. Not much effort on their part.

I'm guessing a bot could be created to do the same thing they did.

my 2 cents.

Last edited:
•••
well there u have it.. just when I thought things couldn't get worse with this guy.. after politely asking him to tell me briefly what happened so far in negotiations due to this total confusion and me never hearing of any offers from buyer... nor clarifying to me at any time that the buyer might be wiling to pay more.. he replied saying he has "no time to explain" stuff to me.

im gonna call unireg next week and ask for another broker. this guy is in the wrong business.
I've never heard a broker tell seller he has no time for them before.. this guy doesn't have time for anything.. and the nerve to say it.

Last edited:
•••
Calling them 'brokers' would be an insult to pro brokers. From the looks of it, they are not even sales person.

•••
I've been a self-broker of my domains at Uniregistry Market (formerly Domain Name Sales,) since 2012. While I've had some frustrating moments, they were not linked to the success or failure of a brokered deal.

I've learned to communicate my needs in a fashion that makes sense to the brokers. E.g. if I want to remain uninvolved in the exchange, I still work diligently to stay in communication with the broker and on top of the exchange. I don't micromanage them, I direct them.

Quite often, I establish that by calling them and explaining my specific strategy with the particular buyer. It has led to some good sales, some of which were completely handled by Uniregistry, e.g. I just set the asking price and told them to go have fun with it.

I agree that some brokers are better in what they do, typically they stay around longer. Talk to @Jeffrey Gabriel for some insight about how to resolve such issues in the future.

Last edited:
•••
Yesterday I received an email with "customer satisfaction survey" from Uniregistry. They asked to rate (1-10) how likely I'll recommend Uniregistry to a friend. They also asked for input how they can improve the service. This email did not end up in my spam folder (many other Uni emails are arriving directly to spam by some reason), and it appears that it was bulk mail to all account holders. So, it is an opportunity to tell Uniregistry what we think

Last edited:
•••
There has been a lot of turn over there, many of the brokers there are new from what I can see, there are a few that have been there from the start also.

The majority of the broker program is a cycle of template emails that cycle on days, they reset when there is a response from the potential buyer, that is where the broker comes into the conversation.

I think having an internal payment plan system within the uniregistry platform, will help some of the brokers close more sales.

As for having a self brokered account, and having your leads go elsewhere, what I noticed if the person has made an inquiry with a previous broker prior attached to that email, a self brokered lead will go back to that broker, if a person is asking about a whole different domain, some sort of grandfather clause for that buyer.

Might help if someone from Uniregistry comes and answers all these comments directly, always good to get someone from the other side to comment.

They do need to fix a few things, like what seems to look like a chat window after someone enters their inquiry details, it should say this is not a chat, or something.

I think Uniregistry has lost a lot of their inventory, and clients to Efty, Epik, and Undeveloped, which is a shame as they had a clear advantage in technology. I am not sure if it is profitable enough, or they needed more resources for their own domains, but it seems sometime last year they just got less involved in building out, and developing competing products.

Payment plan within their internal network in 2018 should be top of their list. Maybe even integrating Bitcoin/Eth, no more topcoins, not sure what to do with them.

Last edited:
•••
Payment plan within their internal network in 2018 should be top of their list.
Very strange that it is not yet done... I beleive Uniregistry does offer payment plans for their own domains, so it should not be hard to extend the service for 3rd party domains they are brokering

•••
Very strange that it is not yet done... I beleive Uniregistry does offer payment plans for their own domains, so it should not be hard to extend the service for 3rd party domains they are brokering
To be honest, I use epik, or namesilo for simple term plans, and the escrow holding for more complex, as do others, Uniregistry is losing business. They say if you want to use it, you have to go thru their brokers, cheaper to hold onto my 15%, and do it directly. Not sure where the end game is here, but payment plans are the future as domains continue to go up in value, and usually you can get a higher overall price, and if they default, no love lost, as you get the domain back, along with funds paid to date.

I mentioned it to them last year, they said they would put it forth, but I guess it just isn't in the cards as of yet.

Last edited:
•••
well there u have it.. just when I thought things couldn't get worse with this guy.. after politely asking him to tell me briefly what happened so far in negotiations due to this total confusion and me never hearing of any offers from buyer... nor clarifying to me at any time that the buyer might be wiling to pay more.. he replied saying he has "no time to explain" stuff to me.

im gonna call unireg next week and ask for another broker. this guy is in the wrong business.
I've never heard a broker tell seller he has no time for them before.. this guy doesn't have time for anything.. and the nerve to say it.

A broker must make time to discuss status with the seller. On the other hand if the seller is merely trying to use the broker to learn how to sell, the broker is under no obligation nor should he make the seller privy to his exact conversations / communications and methodology used with the buyer.

So if you’re hoping to learn how to sell from an experienced broker - take your business elsewhere I wouldn’t have time for you either. But if you need status updates - I’m always available. Sounds like in this instance you wanted just status updates but perhaps you didn’t make this clear to the broker and he thought you wanted him to run everything transpired so far by you play by play.

Last edited:
•••
Not sure where the end game is here
Probably they became too big, and are having issues with managing everything. Many departments and each department with own "interests"

•••
Yesterday I received an email with "customer satisfaction survey" from Uniregistry. They asked to rate (1-10) how likely I'll recommend Uniregistry to a friend. They also asked for input how they can improve the service. This email did not end up in my spam folder (many other Uni emails are arriving directly to spam by some reason), and it appears that it was bulk mail to all account holders. So, it is an opportunity to tell Uniregistry what we think

I got the same email. After completing the form something seemed odd or out of place. To see the email address I hit reply and the email came from an unusual domain and not from Uniregistry. Upon typing the website name into google it looks like the email,address is associated with spam or worse and Whois did not reveal much. May have been a phishing attempt of some sort. I sent it to Uni support few days ago but no reply.

•••
I just rechecked - the uni survey url is on research.net domain, which belongs to SurveyMonkey Inc. (surveymonkey.com) as per whois, appears to be a legitimate service to run various surveys

•••

That's disgraceful telling you don't have time, I one time had an afternic broker, who my experience over the years have been the worst, tell me the same thing.

•••
Another issue I have had with uniregistry is reps closing tickets, without resolving the issue at hand.
That's disgraceful telling you don't have time, I one time had an afternic broker, who my experience over the years have been the worst, tell me the same thing.
@Joe Styler you should really tell the man in charge, I am sure he would be very interested about hearing about it, so he can continue to make things better. I think it really helps having a good account rep at Afternic, not sure who your person is, but the person who handles my inquiries is pretty cool.

Last edited:
•••
Another issue I have had with uniregistry is reps closing tickets, without resolving the issue at hand.

@Joe Styler you should really tell the man in charge, I am sure he would be very interested about hearing about it, so he can continue to make things better.

Oh I stopped using Afternic years ago, I just couldn't take the ridiculous answers from their brokers, some of the most f'ed up stuff I have ever heard and not just from one broker.

•••
Oh I stopped using Afternic years ago, I just couldn't take the ridiculous answers from their brokers, some of the most f'ed up stuff I have ever heard and not just from one broker.
Your missing out, things have changed, they are doing some amazing sales over there.

•••
I just rechecked - the uni survey url is on research.net domain, which belongs to SurveyMonkey Inc. (surveymonkey.com) as per whois, appears to be a legitimate service to run various surveys
\

I double checked. The survey I got came from cmail19(.)com not surveymonkey or uni. Maybe they got the idea from seeing a surveymonkey email

•••
Your missing out, things have changed, they are doing some amazing sales over there.
But they charge 20% while Uniregistry brokerage is 15% (with extra payment processing fees if internal uniregistry processing is used). So maybe 15% is simply not enough for Uniregistry brokers?

•••
But they charge 20% while Uniregistry brokerage is 15% (with extra payment processing fees if internal uniregistry processing is used). So maybe 15% is simply not enough for Uniregistry brokers?
The power of Godaddy's customer channel is huge. I have domains parked for years with DNS/Uni, and Afternic is closing all the sales? I don't get it.

I had a recent sale from Mark Monitor, they are not stupid, they shopped the quotes, similar quotes from each party given, they closed with Afternic, the Uni broker never even bothered following up with me?

I guess they are just to busy with their own portfolio, they have what 500K+ names with their GTLD selection, and their .com/.net are premium names.

Last edited:
•••
got price request from them 2 weeks ago
replied: bin=2k, floor=950$

no news.

then by chance I review some old emails today, and write him to ask what was buyers highest offer
2 mins later I get a reply....... "$1000"

whats up with them sleeping at the wheel? or they just do not understand floor ... or do not care for 1k sales and fish for bigger things only?

which one is it?

I've no sales with uniregistry yet.. and never liked them.. but this is beyond unprofessional.

Alcy,

Thank you for the feedback and your comment. Could you please send me the domain name you are referring to so I can look into the matter as to what you are writing about? You can send it to [email protected] or call me 1-949-416-2555 x6261. Thank you.

As to the comments about our 1% close rate...Yes, that percentage is true. I think that a lot of you assume that our 1% close rate is predicated on having one hundred people who genuinely want to buy a domain and only ONE buying, That simply is not true. The one percent close rate that we speak about counts every single inquiry we receive. That includes people who are totally confused and are not buyers. It includes those who are interested, and even those making fake inquires to see how we handle them. If you looked at the number of confused individuals who inquire every single day plus the number of sales we make from years of following up you would be quite impressed with our success.

If NamePros is interested I would be happy to do a question and answer session next week for the community. Let me know if this is something of interest.

Thank you for your business and the opportunity.

Jeffrey M. Gabriel
Vice President of Sales
1-949-416-2555 x6261

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back