Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
got price request from them 2 weeks ago
replied: bin=2k, floor=950$

no news.

then by chance I review some old emails today, and write him to ask what was buyers highest offer
2 mins later I get a reply....... "$1000"

whats up with them sleeping at the wheel? or they just do not understand floor ... or do not care for 1k sales and fish for bigger things only?

which one is it?

I've no sales with uniregistry yet.. and never liked them.. but this is beyond unprofessional.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Jeeprs man, that makes no sense to me at all.

I mean it's pretty much a confirmed sale...sure it might not be a massive deal for them but that's like walking past $10 on the street and not bending down to pick it up because bending down is to much effort.....

•••
awful service.

I never had a good feeling about them anyway.

•••
I often come across threads with negative feedback on this company.

Hope your domain sells after all.

•••
Jeeprs man, that makes no sense to me at all.

I mean it's pretty much a confirmed sale...sure it might not be a massive deal for them but that's like walking past $10 on the street and not bending down to pick it up because bending down is to much effort.....
You mean $150, cause that would be their commission :xf.confused:. I had all my domains there for years and never had any good experiences with any of their brokers. They are so lazy. One of their brokers told me over the phone that Uniregistry brokers close less than 1% of the inbound inquiries they handle. Hard to imagine a closing ratio that bad for inbound offers :xf.eek:. I self broker my names that I still have there for parking.

•••
You mean $150, cause that would be their commission :xf.confused:. I had all my domains there for years and never had any good experiences with any of their brokers. They are so lazy. One of their brokers told me over the phone that Uniregistry brokers close less than 1% of the inbound inquiries they handle. Hard to imagine a closing ratio that bad for inbound offers :xf.eek:. I self broker my names that I still have there for parking.

1% closing ratio WTF??? for inbound inquiries..... thats shocking!. In most sales environments, a 1% closing ratio on INBOUND inquiries would probably get the sales person fired quickly...lol :xf.eek:

•••
never had a great experience myself with the brokers over there...

•••
thanks for input guys.

yes I've seen my share of bad reviews of them... even their whole system and lead disutribution (broker vs seller) seems confused at best.. with 10 twists and turns nobody (including them) truly understand.. like the conditions under which lead is sent to broker vs sent to seller.. and its defiitely not just about your makretplace settings.

but wait.. my unirgistry soap opera does not end here!!!

so I reply to the broker saying "okay, I accept $1000 offer"... thinking of course that 1k is buyer final offer, and all negotiastions are already done by broker..

and then he writes me back this:

"I think there is money left in the buyer but if you want to accept the $1,000 I will do. Payouts are done through wire transfer only. Can you confirm you are happy both to sell at $1k and the payout system? "

oh yes, and he also as you see wrote its wire payout only.. cause its my first sale there and I was asking him if they payout to paypal. so I ended up callign unireg just to be sure.. as I could not believe thye do not payout to paypal... and this guy was wrong again

this will probably go down for me as worst selling experience.

anyway, I told him to negotiate all he can. and then tell me the number

sounds easy I know. but I wouldn't be suprised if he finds a way to mess it up again.

will keep posted.

Last edited:
•••
Don't see any benefits to use Uni Brokers. Wonder why Frank tolerates this if the closing rate is truly around 1%?

•••
For their own portfolio (and we know their pricing model), 1% is GREAT.

•••
last msg from him for now. .let's see where this goes.. I hope there are no more issues. using brokers should be easier.. not harder.

"Great news regarding paypal I didn't know that was an option. I am still trying with this buyer as I know he wants the name. I'll keep you posted."

•••
last msg from him for now. .let's see where this goes.. I hope there are no more issues. using brokers should be easier.. not harder.

"Great news regarding paypal I didn't know that was an option. I am still trying with this buyer as I know he wants the name. I'll keep you posted."

Lol he didn't even know you could use PayPal... did he just start working there or what?

•••
Lol he didn't even know you could use PayPal... did he just start working there or what?

yeah
like I said.. awaful :)

I mean its one thing not to know something
or not be sure of it
and another to reply like you are sure of the info
and without even bothering to double check

nasty stuff.

•••
Uniregistry blockers.

OK, I don't really use them, I have only interacted with them as a potential buyer... frustrating.

•••
I have only interacted with them as a potential buyer... frustrating

Were you receiving tons of reminders "any further thoughts on this" and the like? With such a big sales machine, it appears to be working sometimes. Uni broker recently sold one of my domains after about a year of such reminders. It was a sale to enduser though. Even though Uniregistry system is now sending other reminders to this buyer "do you need more domains, or do you have friends that are looking for domains", also automated (and one would guess that it also works for intended purposes sometimes) - the buyer also added uniregistry to their newsletter list, so I am now reviewing a "productive" chat of two bots in already closed ("sold") lead.

Last edited:
•••
I went through Uniregistry to acquire red.ca and for a year no luck.

I did all the leg work and calls and closed the deal myself.

Uniregistry got in the way more so than not. My business works because I am good at what I do and a lot of that has to do with the fact that I am not shy to use the phone to contact a buyer or seller. I can do in ten minutes on the phone what takes days going back and forth via uniregistry.

Also, you can chat about past deals and see if the seller has more domains you're interested in. The networking via live calling cannot be argued with. I recently made a number of 5k offers on a similar platform and then raised them all to 10k and did not even get one response. I check whois, pick up the phone, talk to the owner and I close the deal, the domain is mine.

Domainers need to do good old fashioned sales, trust me it works (y)

•••
i found them to be the most responsive on chat support..probably the best in the game ..maybe their sales team is slack.

•••
I am fairly certain the commission being low is not much of a consideration in the work they do. imo they are very responsive and usually good at online communications using the for sale page. If you give a Uniregistry broker a BIN price they are not going to sell it for less than BIN and in all likelihood did not know what a Floor Price was and maybe assumed it was a minimum offer to quote. imo a lot of people are confused on the term floor price. The broker likely also assumed you looked at the for sale page and noticed a 1k offer had been made and may have been waiting for instructions from you on possibly lowering the BIN.

Last edited:
•••
I am fairly certain the commission being low is not much of a consideration in the work they do. imo they are very responsive and usually good at online communications using the for sale page. If you give a Uniregistry broker a BIN price they are not going to sell it for less than BIN and in all likelihood did not know what a Floor Price was and maybe assumed it was a minimum offer to quote. imo a lot of people are confused on the term floor price. The broker likely also assumed you looked at the for sale page and noticed a 1k offer had been made and may have been waiting for instructions from you on possibly lowering the BIN.

there is no sale page with a $1000 offer for me to see. it was between broker and buyer only. and his job was to inform me about the negotiations, especially when they were above my quoted min/floor or whatever yuo want to call it. his job is not to assume things.

but.. I am hardly the only person who sees uniregistry as lowest quality of service across the industry.

•••
didn't realize it was not posted. at a minimum broker should have posted offer right away on for sale page.

•••
When I signed up with them, I got offers in hours. One I quoted 1200$ the broker told the guy 3300$
I asked him wtf. He said weed is a emerging market and i dont know the value. Trust him
The end of them. I contacted the guy personally and sold for 500 .ca
Dropped my last .xyz there in december, won't return

•••
I am removing my domains from Uni now. Don't want potential buyers running off due to sleepy-eye brokers :)

There... phew! Removed all my 17 domains.. :xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
Try being at the other end where they want $6k for a $1500 domain and will eMail you every other week asking you to "make an offer around $3500, that should do it". Once you make that offer, then they "oh sorry" you. "The owner says that is too low"

Then why did you just ask me to make a $3500 offer!

So now my offer is $500 and they can go to heII.

In addition, the owner is them. Which is more insulting to play this back and forth game of "The owner" with the actual owners broker machine.

•••
I think Unireg brokers need proper training. I've had several bad experiences with them as well. Very poor performance by the brokers

•••
I think Unireg brokers need proper training. I've had several bad experiences with them as well. Very poor performance by the brokers
They are Sleeping beauties :xf.grin:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back