NameSilo

What's going on with Epik and Rob Monster?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
I'm catching the tail end of this, seems to be some kind of controversy...

https://domaingang.com/domain-news/rob-monster-off-twitter-after-christchurch-massacre-controversy/

Must be something odd to evoke this type of a response from one of our members.

Picture0016.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We 100% stepped away from the deal. We're issuing a statement today about the continuous attacks of Epik towards not only us but other industry players.

In this thread above, I observe that the damage to our brand is already done when I see parts of the fabricated story by Epik is now being spread. Also via our support, a lot of sellers are contacting us, asking if their claims are true. Please note that all false information spread about us comes from 1 entity and that's Epik. So the assumption that we're involved in a double-sided war is also false.

Lastly don't forget which company is involved in a scandal on a monthly basis.

As mentioned in our twitter response, the actions by Epik were announced in June already and the failed merger between Undeveloped & Epik occurred in 2017. Undeveloped pulled the plug out of the deal after realizing that Epik wanted to get rid of us as a competitor and that they were not interested to actually execute a merger.

According to Domaintools.com Epik hosts 300,000 domains while we host 1,500,000 domains. They offer 648,129 domains at Epik sold by sellers while we offer +7,000,000 domains on our marketplace.

The above is why Epik keeps attacking our brand and spreading false narratives about us. It's all a desperate move to gain new customers. Of course, our marketplace isn't perfect, however, we're continuously improving not by copying others but by following our own path.

We're fed up with this company attacking us and giving our entire industry a bad name. Enough is enough.

@DAN.COM
thank you for your statement.

in order to support you
I'm switching my .de domain traffic back to you.

•••
•••
•••
this is kinda being drawn out.... i thoguht the drama with Rob was over... Epik is good, man.

•••
this is kinda being drawn out.... i thoguht the drama with Rob was over... Epik is good, man.

It is our own NP little cancel culture following Rob around for having audacity to understand things differently and for expressing his views and believes. Good on Rob to care and for always having the patience to engage and explain. Most approachable and open CEO.

•••
Some people don't think associating with extremist organizations is good. It's great that you feel Epik is good. You should share that and let others share their views.

•••
It is our own NP little cancel culture following Rob around for having audacity to understand things differently and for expressing his views and believes. Good on Rob to care and for always having the patience to engage and explain. Most approachable and open CEO.
I think "following Rob around" is a bit much. It minimizes what @Grilled decided to share. It's nice of you to congratulate Rob though.

Last edited:
•••
Everyone can see thing differently and for themselves. Free speech is a luxury in the world and we should not actively squander it by silencing others. Don't want to generalize too much but people need to be able to think out loud, speak and voice their opinions and ideas. It is healthier for society this way, if people are not able to talk things out the next step is violence. In the age of big tech censorship it is more important than ever to help foster free speech platforms.

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

― George Orwell, 1984

•••
I think "following Rob around" is a bit much. It minimizes what @Grilled decided to share. It's nice of you to congratulate Rob though.

I don't agree with some of the things Rob did. And I've spoken to that in the past. But bringing it up again and again just seems like there's an ulterior motive to undermine Epik itself.

Epik and Rob are separate because Epik has other employees involved. I have domains at Epik, Epik doesn't really strike me as bad besides the 15-day grace period which should be 30 days.

So Epik is good, and Rob has made disagreeable decisions in the past.

•••
I don't agree with some of the things Rob did. And I've spoken to that in the past. But bringing it up again and again just seems like there's an ulterior motive to undermine Epik itself.

Epik and Rob are separate because Epik has other employees involved. I have domains at Epik, Epik doesn't really strike me as bad besides the 15-day grace period which should be 30 days.

So Epik is good, and Rob has made disagreeable decisions in the past.

Ask yourself; why could they be reviving it?
Could it be their ill-fated attempt steal market?

i think most everyone here alternate agendas...

Clearly no interest; build maintain relationships

Just attempt to destroy; Wish happiness,

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Sharing a current tweet relevant to the thread along with two question marks is what was posted. No judgement, no criticism.

Me, knowing that Grilled and Rob are friendly, i didnt take it as an attack. I read it as genuinely asking if anyone knew why those ladies tweeted that. Rob might want to know. Thats all i saw.

Last edited:
•••
I think we all might be a bit sensitive on the subject. Its all good. Peace and Love.

•••
The np forum is a lot like real life. The good and the not so good.

•••
Epik and Rob are separate because Epik has other employees involved.

as far as I know, Epk is more than 80% Robs personal possession
so there actually is no difference

•••
•••
Just type Parler and Epik into Twitter or anywhere. Its been talked about all day.

•••
Welcome to the new America. A place where Opposing Speech is labeled Hate Speech. Prepare your children for millenniums of bumpy ride into slavery and total control.

From now on, everyone will have to say the samething and believe the samething in order to survive.

Welcome! Welcome!! Welcome to the utopia world.

Last edited:
•••
Welcome to the new America. A place where Opposing Speech is labeled Hate Speech. Prepare your children for millenniums of bumpy ride into slavery and total control.

From now on, everyone will have to say the samething and believe the samething in order to survive.

Welcome! Welcome!! Welcome to the utopia world.

There are plenty of places where you can debate alternative views. But if by opposing views you actually mean "plotting murder and violent revolution", I think it's quite right to clamp down on that. I wouldn't want people discussing that in my house, and if I ran a social media network I wouldn't want them discussing it on that either.

And that needs to swing both ways, right or left.

Last edited:
•••
Who is plotting murder and revolution? InsinuationMatters.com
Have you ever used Parler or Gab?

I have. Every other post seems to be about violent revolution, racism with threatening undertones and killing certain Democrats.

•••
Last edited:
•••

I have. Every other post seems to be about violent revolution, racism with threatening undertones and killing certain Democrats.
NO....so why would you hide out in a den of iniquity?

I'm NOT a Democrat
I'm NOT a Republican
I'm NOT a Conservative
I'm NOT a Liberal
and most of all
I'm NOT a Racist

Insinuation otherwise is criminal imho:xf.wink:

•••
NO....so why would you hide out in a den of iniquity?

I'm NOT a Democrat
I'm NOT a Republican
I'm NOT a Conservative
I'm NOT a Liberal
and most of all
I'm NOT a Racist

Insinuation otherwise is criminal imho:xf.wink:

I wanted to see what it was actually like, rather than just relying on what the news was saying.

I never claimed you were any of those things.

•••

I’ve used Parler and you are wrong. Twitter is much more aggressive and threatening than Parlor, full of hateful liberals who can’t wait to shut down every right that conservatives are supposed to have.

•••
Rogue my friend....they're on a very slippery slope because I'm neither a conservative or a liberal, a democrat or a republican, yet because I don't agree with their agenda I'm somehow a racist, an anti-semite, a supremacist and the list goes on.

Trumps so called sin is saying what he thinks, and I can assure you that anyone reading this has had "thoughts" that if they either spoke them or acted on them would be locked up for a very long time.

I sometimes register domains just because I can, and as a result of the madness that's occurring in America I registered;

DefundMyAss.com
and
CancelMyAss.com

I didn't register these domains to sell to anyone, but I registered them because I'm MAD AS HELL!!!
I registered SystemicVoterFraud in the king, haven't decided where to point it to or develop. I like those two domains you registered, lol. As they say, Good On The Quick, Bad On The Subtle.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back