NameSilo

What's going on with Epik and Rob Monster?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
I'm catching the tail end of this, seems to be some kind of controversy...

https://domaingang.com/domain-news/rob-monster-off-twitter-after-christchurch-massacre-controversy/

Must be something odd to evoke this type of a response from one of our members.

Picture0016.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
yeah, it's all about free speech

and a little bit of
taking over the power
by the mob

•••
I registered SystemicVoterFraud in the king, haven't decided where to point it to or develop. I like those two domains you registered, lol. As they say, Good On The Quick, Bad On The Subtle.

SystemicVoterFraud.com is excellent Rogue. Voter Fraud of some sort has existed ever since the beginning of time. As such our President for 8 more days has every reason to believe, think and say the election was stolen from him. I haven't registered it yet, but the domain SuppressionMatters.com is available to register, and I may just register it after I finish keying this. Narratives promoted by the liberal left like "BlackLivesMatter" and "SystemicRacism" are intentional and inciteful. As a fan of the Washington "Redskins", whose grandfather died in his arms while listening to them play football on the radio in 1965, I'll NEVER refer to them as the "Washington Football Team" just because a "few" (maybe 1/10 of 1%) of all sports fans viewed the word "Redskin" as a racial slur. How crazy is it when 1/10 of 1% of any population can bring about this sort of change:xf.rolleyes: No wonder I'll never vote for another Democrat again as long as I live, and no wonder I'm MAD AS HELL!!!

•••
just because a "few" (maybe 1/10 of 1%) of all sports fans viewed the word "Redskin" as a racial slur. How crazy is it when 1/10 of 1% of any population can bring about this sort of change

Redskin is a racial pejorative and has been for many years. You pulling some arbitrary numbers out of your ass does not change that.

Far more than 1 in 1000, by your math, have a problem with the name.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Redskin is a racial pejorative and has been for mamy years. You pulling some arbitrary numbers out of your ass does not change that.

Brad
You have no clue what you're talking about Brad. Not ONCE in my life, and I even was a season ticket holder from 1980 to 1995 during the time when Doug Williams the first black QB and MVP of Super XX11, did I ever hear the term/word "Redskin" was a racial pejoritive/slur. I don't know how old you are, but I guess you heard it for the first time I did around 2010. Besides, the origin of the name "Redskins" dates back to 1933 and it was NEVER considered to be a racial slur at that time or they would never have chosen the name. This is a lot like you naming your son Adolph because you liked the name, then learning later about Adolph Hitler, and you and your son being forced to change the name:xf.rolleyes: How absurd, ridiculous and WRONG is that?

Last edited:
•••
You have no clue what you're talking about Brad. Not ONCE in my life, and I even was a season ticket holder from 1980 to 1995 during the time when Doug Williams the first black QB and MVP of Super XX11, did I ever hear the term/word "Redskin" was a racial pejoritive/slur. I don't know how old you are, but I guess you heard it for the first time I did around 2010. Besides, the origin of the name "Redskins" dates back to 1933 and it was NEVER considered to be a racial slur at that time or they would never have chosen the name. This is a lot like you naming your son Adolph because you liked the name, then learning later about Adolph Hitler, and you and your son being forced to change the name:xf.rolleyes: How absurd, ridiculous and WRONG is that?

Have fun rooting for Washington Football Team.

Hopefully they can come up with a better name in the near future. Washington Football Team sounds more like the name of a team in Major League Soccer.

Brad

Last edited:
•••

Hopefully they came come up with a better name in the near future. Washington Football Team sounds more like the name of a team in Major League Soccer.

Brad
What should we change Adolphs name to, or should we just cancel him:xf.wink:

•••
It's a sign of the times. The name has historical significance, both positive and negative, but it's the negative usage over the years that sullies it.

People's ideals evolve, and with them our language evolves. What's the value in having a name that creates such controversy? Right or wrong, it's a huge distraction from what that organization should be focused on, and they're losing corporate sponsorship because of it.

•••
Redskin is a racial pejorative and has been for many years. You pulling some arbitrary numbers out of your ass does not change that.

Far more than 1 in 1000, by your math, have a problem with the name.

Brad
“Redskins” is and always was an awkward name...

and feels like been fighting “cancel culture” my entire life.

Even agree to change “Indians” MLB team name; Indians are not Native Americans? O_o
07F9EFC0-7034-4BF3-8725-290C5CACD5A5.jpeg

But God help me, Brad; not even a Braves’ fan;
if they change “Braves”... https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/13/sports/baseball/cleveland-indians-baseball-name-change.html

Last edited:
•••
Indians are not Native Americans? O_o
"Indian" was the name assigned to indigenous North American people by European explorers because of a geographical error.

•••
"Indian" was the name assigned to indigenous North American people by European explorers because of a geographical error.

Yea, but it’s a misnomer “offends” in this day and age.

Last edited:
•••

Even agree changing “Indians” MLB team name
Show attachment 179050
if they change “Braves”...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/13/sports/baseball/cleveland-indians-baseball-name-change.html
When I got into literature on psychometrics, it stuck out how the terms: idiot, retard and imbecile were sidelined from being normed, clinical syntax early in the 20th century. All three classified intellectual outliers at the tail end of the IQ bell curve. This was a key early development in ostracizing terms that triggered offense and/ or related sentiments of disgust.

Last edited:
•••

Even agree changing “Indians” MLB team name
Show attachment 179050
if they change “Braves”...

Samer...rumor has it that Brad actually had a son named Adolph. His wife and family and little Adolph actually liked the name, but due to someone else in history:xf.rolleyes: poor little Adolph became victim of this thing they call "cancel culture"....i wonder what's that all about? Little Adolph was really a pretty good kid and he doesn't understand either:xf.frown:

Last edited:
•••
It's a sign of the times. The name has historical significance, both positive and negative, but it's the negative usage over the years that sullies it.

People's ideals evolve, and with them our language evolves. What's the value in having a name that creates such controversy? Right or wrong, it's a huge distraction from what that organization should be focused on, and they're losing corporate sponsorship because of it.

" a name that creates such controversy" Let me put it another way, the 1/10th of 1% of the controversy consisted of the liberal press, and literally a hand full of Native American Indians who forced their way on the remaining 99 and 9/10 % of the rest of us. And if you think I'm lying about the number/statistics you need to think again. Joe, you're either one of the most naive people I've had the mispleasure of meeting on the internet or you're simply an agitator of the worst kind...that's my honest opinion:xf.grin:

•••
When I got into literature on psychometrics, it stuck out how the terms: idiot, retard and imbecile were sidelined from being normed, clinical syntax early in the 20th century. All three classified intellectual outliers at the tail end of the IQ bell curve. This was a key early development in ostracizing terms that triggered offense and/ or related sentiments of disgust.
Another example of how language evolves. Terms that once had a specific linguistic purpose take on a different meaning over the years based on popular usage. Even the major dictionaries recognize and accept these changes in definition and usage as they occur.

My favourite example is the word "literally". People have misused it so regularly that now the dictionary accepts that it can mean the exact opposite of itself!

No sense hiding our heads in the sand and pretending these language evolutions don't happen. As our language adapts, we adapt.

•••
" a name that creates such controversy" Let me put it another way, the 1/10th of 1% of the controversy consisted of the liberal press, and literally a hand full of Native American Indians who forced their way on the remaining 99 and 9/10 % of the rest of us. And if you think I'm lying about the number/statistics you need to think again. Joe, you're either one of the most naive people I've had the mispleasure of meeting on the internet or you're simply an agitator of the worst kind...that's my honest opinion:xf.grin:
Kind of hypocritical to call me an agitator after insulting me, simply because I'm respectfully discussing an issue.

Kind of ironic to call me naïve after spouting non-existent statistics at us. Do you have a source?

•••

Hopefully they can come up with a better name in the near future. Washington Football Team sounds more like the name of a team in Major League Soccer.

Brad
Washington Bullets is still available, it would be epic to watch the media scramble on that. They should announce it in April 1st, you know people would fall for it.

•••
Another example of how language evolves. Terms that once had a specific linguistic purpose take on a different meaning over the years based on popular usage. Even the major dictionaries recognize and accept these changes in definition and usage as they occur.

My favourite example is the word "literally". People have misused it so regularly that now the dictionary accepts that it can mean the exact opposite of itself!

No sense hiding our heads in the sand and pretending these language evolutions don't happen. As our language adapts, we adapt.
*devolution

•••
•••
Washington Bullets is still available, it would be epic to watch the media scramble on that. They should announce it in April 1st, you know people would fall for it.
Actually being known as the "Name Guy", I had come up with the name and domain TheHogs.com because the Redskins won all three of their Super Bowls with three different QB's over ten years with a front offensive line known as "The Hogs" Ironically, a high school classmate of mine started an all male Cheer Leading squad known as "The Hogettes". There were about 20 of these guys who dressed in drag and wore wigs and hog noses to every game. You can Google "Hogettes" and you find them at Wiki. Then to add to this you'll read at Wiki where the "Hogettes" raised over 100M dollars for Childrens Hospitals in the DC area.

Because George "Washington" was a slave owner, I was very curious as to why they chose the name the Washington Football Team:xf.rolleyes:

Finally, because I refuse to respond to the naive agitator who is on this thread just before this post....I will repeat again that I'm not a racist and I love:xf.love: everyone....even The Hogs:xf.wink:

•••
Because George "Washington" was a slave owner, I was very curious as to why they chose the name the Washington Football Team
Because Washington is a last name and not a means to define a people by their skin colour.

•••
Because Washington is a last name and not a means to define a people by their skin colour.
But his image is shown on money;

He owned slaves; even went back UK get them back; after the US won the (First) Revolutionary War ofc,,

Different time, i know.
Leftists.. they want 1 bad thing define, “cancel” you, and
overlook their own flaws.! Father of our country.

You can make the same argument with Andrew Jackson
sucked as a Person “Trail of Tears”

But he won the 2nd US War of Independence (1812)
I also give him props for annexing Florida from Spain.

Yet, leftists, linger dwell treatment of Native Americans.
For what it’s worth; they are in process changing $20 to
from Andrew Jackson’s to Harriet Tubman’s image.

They take this to a whole new level with
“Race Politics” and “Victim Class” WOW.
The new NASDAQ laws are discriminatory, themselves!

Last edited:
•••
How much is Epik is getting paid or how much money is Epik going to get?

Does Epik has their own servers or they are using AWS as an affiliate?

•••
Who is plotting murder and revolution? InsinuationMatters.com
Cant you make a post without shamelessly plugging one or more of your domains?

Peace,
Kenny

•••
Cant you make a post without shamelessly plugging one or more of your domains?

Peace,
Kenny
What's your problem Kenny...i don't own insinuationmatters.com. Are you just LYING or insinuating that I own it? It's either one because if you were to check you'll see that no one owns it.

GEESH:xf.rolleyes:

Apology Accepted:xf.wink:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back