domains Quick chat with Rob Monster

NameSilo
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Today I am interviewing Rob Monster, founder and CEO of Epik 1) How are you Rob, thanks for taking the time for this interview, first off how are things going at Epik? You seem to have a lot of projects starting up? Rob) Thank you Raymond. I would say the future is bright for Epik. […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
9% from their marketplace with no cashout commission for NP members.

I find this cheaper than DAN

Still confused. When I get paid at DAN there is no cashout charge from DAN, so the total commission is 9%. When a name sells that is the only commission I pay (or less if I have a lead). I realize that PayPal charge, for some countries, a payout fee not levied by the marketplace, but would not that be the same no matter where it is sold?

Or do you mean that there are payout options you have at Epik, that you do not have at DAN, that allow you to get around those fees? For example, leaving the money in your account and using it for services. I agree that could be the case.

And as @Rob Monster points out great terms if the domain is at Epik and you can talk buyer into paying by wire transfer. A truly great deal for NamePros members.

In Canada I realize we are treated better than some other countries in terms of PayPal payout fees and restrictions.

Bob

•••
Still confused. When I get paid at DAN there is no cashout charge from DAN, so the total commission is 9%. When a name sells that is the only commission I pay (or less if I have a lead). I realize that PayPal charge, for some countries, a payout fee not levied by the marketplace, but would not that be the same no matter where it is sold?

Or do you mean that there are payout options you have at Epik, that you do not have at DAN, that allow you to get around those fees? For example, leaving the money in your account and using it for services. I agree that could be the case.

And as @Rob Monster points out great terms if the domain is at Epik and you can talk buyer into paying by wire transfer. A truly great deal for NamePros members.

In Canada I realize we are treated better than some other countries in terms of PayPal payout fees and restrictions.

Bob

I all time find a problem with DAN when I have to accept payments using cryptocurrencies ... DAN require buyers to be online at the same time as their agents (despite time zone difference) in order to make crypto payments (Since Bitcoin price is volatile) ... Accepting crypto payment must be at any moment and without their presence like used to be on other services ... they have to manage the volatility by holding, moving and exchanging them at the right moment, otherwhise in their case, it sounds like a marketing strategy only to attract bitcoin users.

They have to improve their service on this side, especially since they included a blockchain technology to speed up the process.

As an alternative, I suggest to my buyers to exchange their crypto to PayPal and then make payment to the desired domain name ... exchangers takes around 5% of fees or more, and also depend on the availability of funds in their accounts ... and this commission must be shared between me and buyers otherwise there will be no deal (sometimes I have no choice than to pay them myself) ... plus paypal fees when receiving and sending funds to the bank/credit card.

Most of my buyers comes from NAMEPROS or from my contact list, so I use mainly their escrow service and accept crypto payments for almost no fees.

And another time, I will continue to use DAN for some domain names and I am grateful for the service they are offering, I made many awesome deals using it.

I am sorry for this confusion ... and also for getting out of the subject of this thread for having included the comparison.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back