domains Quick chat with Rob Monster

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Today I am interviewing Rob Monster, founder and CEO of Epik 1) How are you Rob, thanks for taking the time for this interview, first off how are things going at Epik? You seem to have a lot of projects starting up? Rob) Thank you Raymond. I would say the future is bright for Epik. […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
“We turned lemons into lemonade, continue to do so, while maintaining humility in recognizing only as good as our last customer experience.”

Thank you.
Samer

Last edited:
•••
Would of been nice if this had been a video interview, but hey it was a decent read....

•••
Nice one. The most humble CEO that I have ever seen.

•••
•••
Nice one. The most humble CEO that I have ever seen.

Thanks!

See Romans 12:1. Once you understand the implications, the whole world looks different.

Related commentary for those who missed it:

•••
I eas surprized when i found ceo rob in epik customer chat support. He helped me by instructing how to list in nameliquidate.

•••
Thanks!

See Romans 12:1. Once you understand the implications, the whole world looks different.

Go on, brother! You're on the right track. Thanks for sharing your testimony.

•••
I eas surprized when i found ceo rob in epik customer chat support. He helped me by instructing how to list in nameliquidate.

There is not as much time for that lately. Thankfully we have been adding awesome people. The time handling customer support did give us inspiration to conceive a Zendesk alternative which is currently in development using the domain name CustomerSupport.co. You can see a concept preview here:

https://projects.invisionapp.com/share/RFWQ8J7VQ6G#/screens

It is coming together nicely. It will allow business owners to scale their support organization using the CloudChase.com platform for securing hosted instances on their own domains without paying nosebleed seat fees like happens with Zendesk.

By the way, I do still see all the chat transcripts. With @Sufyan Alani getting promoted this week to VP Operations and @MayC18 getting promoted this week to VP Asia, some more help is on the way. The goal will remain to be high tech but also high touch, always treating customers as individuals.

•••
Great interview, NameLiquidate shall rise over GD auctions 😎

•••
@Rob Monster is leading from the front at Epik and has been inspiration to the entire Epik team.

•••
Really nice set of questions @equity78, and thanks for sharing the interview to us.

Thanks for the views, insights and opinions @Rob Monster.

Was glad to see the attention to NameLiquidate and Hi.tv , two of the many innovations that I am most excited about.

Bob

•••
"Quick chat with Rob Monster". Isn't that what you English-speaking people call an oxymoron? ;)

Just kidding. Epik does have a lot of interesting things in the pipeline.

•••
re. Hi.tv

This has had a huge, POSITIVE impact on myself and those I have shared with. I have gotten personal emails "too good to be true", and have told them, 'tis not". Just go forth and use.

THANK YOU Rob and Omelet.

Look, there IS NOTHING WRONG WITH NOT CAPITALIZING FOR PROFIT!! Just do it for the better good, or because you simply feel like it!!

I have several personal sites that I have put A LOT of work into, completely AD FREE and anyone can visit and enjoy, simply because I WANT TO! Yes, 'tis true :) So, in this spirit, whatever happens going forward in some months or years from now, I realize potential PROFITS can be almost impossible to turn down, BUT for now, I am truly appreciative of the initiative taken by Mr.Monster and Team, by making avail for ALL to use and enjoy. Honestly.

- Hots.

•••
•••
I loved the "quick" chat with @Eric Lyon - thanks for including the link @equity78 .

Eric is very generous giving credit to others such as this quote from your interview.
"However, even with my contributions, they don't mean anything without all the wonderful staff and members NamePros has that contribute consistently every day. Without our amazing members and staff, NamePros wouldn't exist, and it's them who truly make NamePros such a great place to be. I'm genuinely proud to be a part of such a wonderful community."

Thanks again.

Bob

•••
I have no need nor intention to glorify any domain company, but Rob is the first and only CEO in the domain industry who stands at the front line to help customers like me. I look forward to competition from other registrars so that I can get similar quality services.

•••
•••
Thanks!

it's not unusual for small company that the CEO has to do the customer support himself

but its very unusual that "the lord" needs a registar ( 7:20 )
that is indeed something special

Last edited:
•••
it's not unusual for small company that the CEO has to do the customer support himself

but its very unusual that "the lord" needs a registar ( 7:20 )
that is indeed something special

Thanks Frank.

ICYMI, we are about 75 people now. We have some really capable folks on there these days. As such, I have not been too much on the the customer chat lately.

That said, I do think any serious CEO should spend a lot of time on the front line, and (1) know the product, and (2) know the customer. No regrets, in other words.

•••
I just recently discovered about Epik... fees they takes for sales is really nothing compared to other similar plateforms, and in top of all they accept cryptocurrencies payments, the only thing that let me using DAN.COM for my domains but they have exagerated fees charged per sale.

I was surprised how it was easy to add new domain names to the plateform and the management of them, UX/UI was awesome and the prices are really attractives.

Keep the good job.

•••
the only thing that let me to use DAN.COM for my domains but they have exagerated fees charged per sale.
I like the power of the system, their great pricing for domainers, and the involvement of their staff at Epik, but I don't understand this statement. At both Epik Marketplace and DAN Marketplace (unless you bring your own lead in) the commission rate is 9%. Isn't it exactly the same?

•••
I like the power of the system, their great pricing for domainers, and the involvement of their staff at Epik, but I don't understand this statement. At both Epik Marketplace and DAN Marketplace (unless you bring your own lead in) the commission rate is 9%. Isn't it exactly the same?

EPIK charge only 1.5% for escrow service, and 9% from their marketplace with no cashout commission for NP members.

I find this cheaper than DAN (notice that I have nothing against DAN and will continue using their services on buyer request).

•••
EPIK charge only 1.5% for escrow service, and 9% from their marketplace with no cashout commission for NP members.

I find this cheaper than DAN (notice that I have nothing against DAN and will continue using their services on buyer request).

For domains that are already on Epik, and where the buyer pays via wire transfer, the escrow fee is zero for NamePros members. Start there: https://escrow.epik.com/

•••
•••
Back