NameSilo

Quick chat with Rob Monster

Labeled as domains in Domain Industry News, started by equity78, Apr 3, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. equity78

equity78 Top Member TheDomains Staff TLDInvestors.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Today I am interviewing Rob Monster, founder and CEO of Epik 1) How are you Rob, thanks for taking the time for this interview, first off how are things going at Epik? You seem to have a lot of projects starting up? Rob) Thank you Raymond. I would say the future is bright for Epik. […]

Continue Reading

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Samer

Samer Top Contributor VIP Blue Account

“We turned lemons into lemonade, continue to do so, while maintaining humility in recognizing only as good as our last customer experience.”

Thank you.
    Samer

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  3. NickB

NickB Aka MrAcidic VIP Gold Account

Would of been nice if this had been a video interview, but hey it was a decent read....

4. Seyikp

Seyikp Established Member

Nice one. The most humble CEO that I have ever seen.

5. koolishman

koolishman Upgraded Member Blue Account

Epik has the " bottom of the pyramid" approach, which others skip.

6. Rob Monster

Rob Monster CEO, Epik Epik.com Staff PRO VIP Gold Account

Thanks!

See Romans 12:1. Once you understand the implications, the whole world looks different.

Related commentary for those who missed it:

7. Ariff BD

Ariff BD Restricted (15-30%)

I eas surprized when i found ceo rob in epik customer chat support. He helped me by instructing how to list in nameliquidate.

8. Remi

Remi Established Member

Go on, brother! You're on the right track. Thanks for sharing your testimony.

9. Rob Monster

There is not as much time for that lately. Thankfully we have been adding awesome people. The time handling customer support did give us inspiration to conceive a Zendesk alternative which is currently in development using the domain name CustomerSupport.co. You can see a concept preview here:

https://projects.invisionapp.com/share/RFWQ8J7VQ6G#/screens

It is coming together nicely. It will allow business owners to scale their support organization using the CloudChase.com platform for securing hosted instances on their own domains without paying nosebleed seat fees like happens with Zendesk.

By the way, I do still see all the chat transcripts. With @Sufyan Alani getting promoted this week to VP Operations and @MayC18 getting promoted this week to VP Asia, some more help is on the way. The goal will remain to be high tech but also high touch, always treating customers as individuals.

10. DigitalRoar

DigitalRoar Established Member

Great interview, NameLiquidate shall rise over GD auctions 😎

11. Sumeeth

Sumeeth DomExpert Epik.com Staff VIP

@Rob Monster is leading from the front at Epik and has been inspiration to the entire Epik team.

12. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes formerly MetBob NameTalent VIP Gold Account Trusted Blogger

Really nice set of questions @equity78, and thanks for sharing the interview to us.

Thanks for the views, insights and opinions @Rob Monster.

Was glad to see the attention to NameLiquidate and Hi.tv , two of the many innovations that I am most excited about.

Bob

13. Embrand

Embrand Top Contributor VIP ICA Member Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

"Quick chat with Rob Monster". Isn't that what you English-speaking people call an oxymoron? ;)

Just kidding. Epik does have a lot of interesting things in the pipeline.

14. HotKey

HotKey Made in Canada VIP

re. Hi.tv

This has had a huge, POSITIVE impact on myself and those I have shared with. I have gotten personal emails "too good to be true", and have told them, 'tis not". Just go forth and use.

THANK YOU Rob and Omelet.

Look, there IS NOTHING WRONG WITH NOT CAPITALIZING FOR PROFIT!! Just do it for the better good, or because you simply feel like it!!

I have several personal sites that I have put A LOT of work into, completely AD FREE and anyone can visit and enjoy, simply because I WANT TO! Yes, 'tis true :) So, in this spirit, whatever happens going forward in some months or years from now, I realize potential PROFITS can be almost impossible to turn down, BUT for now, I am truly appreciative of the initiative taken by Mr.Monster and Team, by making avail for ALL to use and enjoy. Honestly.

- Hots.

15. equity78

equity78 Top Member TheDomains Staff TLDInvestors.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

That's funny Michael, I just always use that title for interviews. Here was a quick chat with Eric Lyon https://tldinvestors.com/2014/01/quick-chat-with-eric-lyon-namepros.html

16. Bob Hawkes

I loved the "quick" chat with @Eric Lyon - thanks for including the link @equity78 .

Eric is very generous giving credit to others such as this quote from your interview.
    "However, even with my contributions, they don't mean anything without all the wonderful staff and members NamePros has that contribute consistently every day. Without our amazing members and staff, NamePros wouldn't exist, and it's them who truly make NamePros such a great place to be. I'm genuinely proud to be a part of such a wonderful community."

Thanks again.

Bob

17. Kassey Lee

Kassey Lee 域名世界 VIP

I have no need nor intention to glorify any domain company, but Rob is the first and only CEO in the domain industry who stands at the front line to help customers like me. I look forward to competition from other registrars so that I can get similar quality services.

18. QuestFuture

QuestFuture Established Member

thanks for sharing.

19. frank-germany

frank-germany domainer since 2001 / musician VIP

it's not unusual for small company that the CEO has to do the customer support himself

but its very unusual that "the lord" needs a registar ( 7:20 )
    that is indeed something special

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  20. Rob Monster

Thanks Frank.

ICYMI, we are about 75 people now. We have some really capable folks on there these days. As such, I have not been too much on the the customer chat lately.

That said, I do think any serious CEO should spend a lot of time on the front line, and (1) know the product, and (2) know the customer. No regrets, in other words.

21. TheBuyerz

TheBuyerz Established Member

I just recently discovered about Epik... fees they takes for sales is really nothing compared to other similar plateforms, and in top of all they accept cryptocurrencies payments, the only thing that let me using DAN.COM for my domains but they have exagerated fees charged per sale.

I was surprised how it was easy to add new domain names to the plateform and the management of them, UX/UI was awesome and the prices are really attractives.

Keep the good job.

22. Bob Hawkes

I like the power of the system, their great pricing for domainers, and the involvement of their staff at Epik, but I don't understand this statement. At both Epik Marketplace and DAN Marketplace (unless you bring your own lead in) the commission rate is 9%. Isn't it exactly the same?

23. TheBuyerz

EPIK charge only 1.5% for escrow service, and 9% from their marketplace with no cashout commission for NP members.

I find this cheaper than DAN (notice that I have nothing against DAN and will continue using their services on buyer request).

24. Rob Monster

For domains that are already on Epik, and where the buyer pays via wire transfer, the escrow fee is zero for NamePros members. Start there: https://escrow.epik.com/

25. TheBuyerz

Awesome ! Thanks again for this information ... really good to know.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice