NameSilo

What to put on homepage to maintain PR of domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
So say, you have some PR domains (without site/content) you are selling, what do you put on homepage to avoid dropping of PR?
Is there any free script with contextual content that we can easily install on all these domains?
Would parking the domain with domain registrar reduce chances of PR dropping? I think there are some domain parking services that have contextual pages i.e. the content of the parking page will change according to keyword of your domain.

Any helpful advice will be much appreciated
Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
:talk:

adding related content to the domain's keywords on home page, may help sustain pr

in other words, you're going to have to do some work, to keep that rank

imo...

•••
Yeah, I doubt automated content would cut it. I really think pagerank is the type of thing you have to take advantage of almost immediately because there's no telling how long it's going to last.

•••
You can't have PR on domains without content. If you have, you are guaranteed to lose the PR on the next PR update. You need to add back the old content to the pages which have PR. Parking won't help, it will most likely exacerbate the situation.

•••
(Stub already covered some of this) My suggestion (that some people overlook sometimes) would be to use the http://archive.org/web/web.php tool to locate all the deleted pages of it's previous development that assisted in the PR build-up in the first place. Maybe even run a backlink checker tool to find links pointing to the domain and make notes of the urls they use.

Once you have compiled a list of former page url's, start reconstructing some of the pages to re-establish link structure and avoid 404 penalties.

It's not a perfect science and yes it does take a little more work than a single landing page on root. However, it will assist you in at least securing some of it's statistics for the future till you can sell it or develop it out properly.

Just an idea amongst millions of others ;)

Note: Be sure to avoid any copyright issues with old content. You may want to rewrite everything in your own words ;)

Eric Lyon

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back