What should NamePros add?

NameSilo
Watch

NamePros

NamePros.comEstablished Member
NamePros Staff
Impact
Good morning!

NamePros is working on a lot of new and exciting features, and many of them are thanks to member suggestions in our Comments and Feedback section.

We'd love to hear even more! What else would you like us to add for you?

All suggestions are welcome, from small and simple changes to big and complex features!

Please post below, or submit your suggestions privately.

Let us know what you'd like us to build!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Maybe it's just the nitpicker in me, but capitalize the "N" in the "namePros" logo. :P

•••
(2) I think allowing posting URLs and email addresses into the PM should be permitted. At the moment, it is impossible to give someone your email address which is needed for a domain push at most registrars. There appear to be some minor restrictions on what can be written into PMs ("Conversations").
The error message informs you that an avatar must be set on your account first. This is part of our proprietary Spam Prevention system.

Please set an avatar to bypass those restrictions. :)

•••
It'd be somewhat useful if there could be a little sound played when receiving a message or an alert - much like Facebook has - that can be disabled in the event that someone doesn't want it to play.

•••
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but at the top of every thread there is "Views" and "Replies". We can also have "Watchers" or "Watching".

Could be a good metric to gauge interest.

•••
Be like DP...
In the domains for sale forums?
One must prove they own the domain before it will be listed.
Also the domain name should be in the subject line or no listing.
For sure, the sales forums are loosely moderated as so many threads have no domain in subject that are old (week at least).

•••
Hire more MOD from different timezones to keep NP as much clean :)

•••
Reserve price is important
1- seller put reserve price when start auction
2- visitors and bidders cant see reserve tel auction end (like flippa)
3- when auction close bidders know if domain met reserve price or not

im not with add reserve price and show it to all bidders ,, thats will kill the auction forums
many will put high reserve and auctions dies
but if bidders cant see the reserve they will bid and bid tel one or more bidders met the reserve and win the auction
Reserve is important specially for good quality names
is there any option in VB forums to let this happen ,, if so its very good idea

•••
In profiles we can see likes received, I'd also like to see dislikes received as I think this could stop a lot of pointless and endless 'discussions'.

Thanks

•••
I think long back I requested @Eric Lyon to consider some enhancement to make auction better.

We are not able to track our own auctions/bids. I would be good if there is some tab with My Auction & My Bids listings.

•••
Namepros should add a separate auction platform for buying and selling domain names.

•••
hi, any chance to add #watchers for auction threads/forums?
I suppose soemwhere right next to #views

I always enjoy watchign that # on ebay.. or fippa.. or anywhere else they have it. it is a useful stat that cannot hurt. and probably takes very short time to implement.

ty

•••
How about restriction in sub-forum "FREE domain name" only for business, VIP accounts only?, I think that will be good for increase premium subcribers.

•••
Would be nice if a "message read" confirmation existed, so the perspective buyers don't bother sellers with repetitive questions about read/not read PMs

•••
verified / unverified membership ?

•••
I would like to see an extension to the appraisal section that allows members to vote +/- for domains submitted, similar to bido's voting mechanism.

•••
Some ideas for the design contest area:
  • Custom contest form which has fields for each of the required items
  • Integrate a color palette picking website such as http://www.colourlovers.com/palettes which will both allow contest starters to find colors they like and help designers not waste time.
  • Custom entry submission form where designers can upload their logos. These logos will go into a gallery on top of the thread, with the most recent revision of each logo is displayed. Clicking on the most recent logo will bring up a lightbox with all versions to see the progression.
  • Allow voting and commenting on the logos to help the contest starter with their decision and encourage designers who don't get selected. Votes can even be tied to designers' profile so they get special flair or recognition on a leaderboard.
  • Notify the contest starter of new submissions and when deadline has been reached. Notify them again if no winner was selected.

•••
•••
•••
how about countdown ?, thats will be usefull on auction. try to hire xenforo dev to make countdown plugins.

1. 1. why i need countdown?, because i need to recalculate between 24 time to 12 AM or PM.
  2. 2. some time i forgot where I was place a bid. Then if you will develop it, please make include with notification.
  3. 3. maybe someone have any ideas of "countdown feature or plugins"...

•••
Bumps:

Currently it's 1 bump per 24 hours.

Change that to 1 bump per Day or 2 bumps per 24 hours.

Sometimes you'll have an auction ending in the next few hours, but sadly, you used the bump at 1:00 am. You have sit there in agonizing pain, when 1 last bump could change everything...

Marketplace:

Keep a stock ticker -like "thingy" at the top, for names that are for sale on NP. I feel like this would allow more names to be featured, while maintaining good visibility.

Like this:

good-gif-LED-financial-ticker.gif

Nonetheless, NP is doing a great job! Thank you for considering our feedback/suggestions. :)

•••
If you have a moment, please provide us with more details on this suggestion.
Thanks,

im not good at this, so i hope u can connect all the dots, try to make sense of my non-sense

here goes,

any members who wants to hv a verified membership should send some documents like IDs, driving license etc to namepros mods ... then they'll get this 'verified members' icons .. somewhere

its hard to sell or even buy some (participate in offers) when you're new . everyone is looking at your ( 0,0,0 feedbacks ), and they wouldn't dare to make deals with you

i know its kinda tricky coz NP citizens are everywhere, different countries. i just like the 'verified members' idea, but i cant really suggest any technical details about it because im not a technical person.

i hope that make sense

+ i think scammers don't like this feature, so it could work to reduce some bogus accounts

Last edited:
•••
@Eric Lyon , @NamePros, thank you for asking for feedback from the users. This is a great idea. I have 3 Suggestions:

1 - The member option of having a Verified Identity would be good. That would give more credibility to those who want it. This can be done by linking the profile to a paypal account. If someone can't link to a PayPal or another payment service if they don't have paypal. On some sites they give you a badge for having a varified PayPal account. Maybe NP can have a badge that's similar to the Business Account Badge.

2 - Requiring new members have registered at least 30 days before being able to post new contests in the contests area. OR require them to have posted 25 discussion posts prior to hosting a contest.

There are likely douche bags who are repeatedly creating and abandoning contests under new profiles over and over again. They do this because they want free logos. This would slow down the process, make it more difficult and discourage it all together.
If NP prevents brand new members from posting links, why not have a similar policy for hosting contests?

3 - To further discourage abandoned contests, where it says "The opinions expressed here by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros." under the first post on a page in the discussion area, I would add a similar statement under the first post in the contest threads saying something like "Contest holders are required to select a winner within 10 days from the contest end date. Click here to view contest rules."

Having this on display in the contest would discourage people from hosting contests in bad faith and give moderators more time to focus on other issues.

•••
This is a little obscure, but I would love an Avatar History on a member's page, it hurts my brain when someone makes a switch, at least if I could get to the old avatar I could make the connection. And a limit on how often you can change your Avatar, like no more than once a month maybe?

It would also be super nifty to have a randomly assigned UNIQUE generic avatar instead of the default, there are a few default avatar members that I get confused, I was thinking of PMing each of them and requesting they pick something!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identicon

And Free Bacon Tuesdays.

•••
I think long back I requested @Eric Lyon to consider some enhancement to make auction better.

We are not able to track our own auctions/bids. I would be good if there is some tab with My Auction & My Bids listings.
The first thing NamePros do this, make it easy for us track our Auction and Bids.

•••
Since NamePros charge NO COMMISSION for Buying and Selling domain names. NamePros should seriously consider opening a big marketplace for domain names, where we can buy and sell our domain names. If it is big in size, do not worry, the big sharks also will come to NamePros.

When this Marketplace become a big hit, NamePros can start charging a small fee say 3 % to 5% of the Sales Proceeds.

Secondly, present Search is not giving proper results. It should match other competitors' search engine sophistication.

NamePros should exploit its popularity to attract more and more people from domain world to Buy and Sell domain names.

Thank you.
Haroon Basha

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back