What should NamePros add?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NamePros

NamePros.comEstablished Member
NamePros Staff
Impact
Good morning!

NamePros is working on a lot of new and exciting features, and many of them are thanks to member suggestions in our Comments and Feedback section.

We'd love to hear even more! What else would you like us to add for you?

All suggestions are welcome, from small and simple changes to big and complex features!

Please post below, or submit your suggestions privately.

Let us know what you'd like us to build!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
  1. Namepros Account Upgrades by Bitcoin Payment gateway.
  2. To Include Reserve Price in auction.
  3. Seperate chat for publishing domain name and talking or dealing of domain name in chat.

•••
I know this is a futile request, but I have nothing better to do with the next 30 seconds of my life.

Require the use of your legal name.

It'll cut down on the idiocy.

Not everyone has a hot name like yours Shane.

How about no names, we use our passport numbers instead. :)

(I'm kidding if anyone can't tell)

•••
•••
1. Fix the NamePros Search bug. The first time you search always returns "no search results". If you search again for the same thing, it works.

2. Have a User Favourite "widget" (section/box) for members to personally favourite certain threads.

3. Ablilty to reply/appeal directly to each admin report(s) + see the post that was deleted.

4. Some sort of interest group feature, for people who want to receive highlights for particular interest:

@AllMembers-TechDomains, @AllMembers-CHIPs, @AllMembers-FreeDomains, @AllMembers-VR, @AllMembers-gTLD

5. More protection for existing members (3 Months+ & 200+ posts) over newer members (<30 days & <50 posts).

6. Direct PM selling for certain domain categories only if the user allows it: An option in their user profile that welcomes anyone to PM the user selling domains. But the user can specify certain categories if they wish. E.G.

I check a box in my user profile to allow. "You make contact me to sell domains in the following categories".
Then I can specify categories like "CHIPS" or "VR DOMAINS" or "GEO DOMAINS" or "LLLL .COM"

Last edited:
•••
7. A proper ignore feature that ignores a member, their threads, their posts and their likes/dislikes.

•••
Great ideas and feedback! Keep them coming! :)

1. Fix the NamePros Search bug. The first time you search always returns "no search results". If you search again for the same thing, it works.
By default, your first search will only search the forum you're currently viewing (not the entire site) unless you specify for it to search the entire site instead. Once you're on the search page, which isn't specific to any particular forum, it searches the entire site the next time you search.

Similarly, if you search while in your Conversations, it'll only search your conversations by default (not the forums).

We should add something to the search page to make that more clear when the search only looked inside a single forum. Thanks for letting us know that this caused some confusion.

•••
This forum is 1000% better than it was years ago.

I would try to add ways to invite Chinese users to interact in the forum with English users. How can we all connect more easily?

Add a section that tracks Chip domain sales prices like many Chinese sites have, for popular extensions.

Add a marketplace that is like a drop/expired domain auction site, with full search capability by extension, length, numbers, etc. To make buying and selling more efficient.

•••
Someone mentioned before...Live NP auctions once in a month or bimonthly which should be marketed very well...in each live auctions...maybe million dollors deal.. huge possibilities.

•••
•••
I would really be thankful if the right hand column would stay visible when I scroll down the threads so I don't have to constantly perform the tedious task of moving my mouse over and scrolling up to the top of every page to view the current new replies and new auctions every time I read a thread.

•••
Gotta find something to deal with stuff like - https://www.namepros.com/threads/abdullah-com-beautiful-arabic-name.921400/

Newbies starting auctions. It's going to get worse.

Not so much something you can add here but more of something you can do with somebody else. I've seen many posts with members asking how to get their names in Namejet auctions. They're not very good at replying. Haven't replied to mine. But somebody here has to have some connections and get a Namepros auction going over at Namejet. Let members submit names, cap it at how many each member can have in the auction. Good for members, good branding for NP etc. I think Eric, johname, some other members give good appraisals, have them pick them.

•••
I haven't read all the posts but to nominate the particular extension you are interested in when buying would be handy .... cheers

•••
We need a Mine's Bigger Than Yours section, basically a subforum for favourite arguments. Seems so often in threads you get domainers telling each other off and trying to say "I am a better domainer", what a repetitive waste of space. When people start shouting about that mods can just move them to the right cell, I mean, subforum.

So to save time the Subforum would have these popular topics:
I'm the best domainer
.Com is king
Handreg is worthless
New GTLDs are worthless
Newbies need to be warned they can lose money

•••
10 free auctions for VIP members :)
Thanks.

•••
On the Home Page are listed the various topical subject areas available for discussion, and the list is rather comprehensive.

Would suggest consideration be given to adding a new topical discussion heading for " End Users" on that page, and the topic " End Users " would become a specified discussion area.

There are lots of interesting threads about the various aspects of " End Users" ( locating, sample emails, follow-ups, phone calls, prices, negotiating , spam vs legal etc) across the Forum.

Believe it would be advantageous to members doing outbound email sales as well as any other method of seeking End Users to have a focal point discussion sub-forum.

Thanks for considering the request!

•••
Im hoping that you can improve your mobile website. If possible, make it load a bit faster. One minor bug in mobile version is, to avoid the page elements from re-positioned / pushed down after page load complete.

Maybe setting the default min height of "domain auction - free promote your auction" box might help.

Just saying. Thanks :)

•••
What about "NP escrow service?" B-):?::$:

•••
Over my years here I have seen evidence of shill bidding and although it has gotten better it still happens. Is there a way we can verify bidders.

I guess I am not very articulate...what I'm trying to say is there a way to eliminate shill bidding?

•••
Over my years here I have seen evidence of shill bidding and although it has gotten better it still happens. Is there a way we can verify bidders.

I guess I am not very articulate...what I'm trying to say is there a way to eliminate shill bidding?

Thank you for this question. Security is always forefront in our minds and I can assure you we do as much as possible to keep this at a minimum. Sadly where there are $ there will always be someone trying to abuse it. I thank members for keeping vigilant and report suspect posts which we get a lot of and we do look at every report. This is your community and you all do a good job of keeping it as welcome as possible

•••
Suggestion for auction section: Create Thread format:
u2MpU4Q.jpg

Some parts of the post should not be editable once auction gets a bid: Domain Name(s), Auction Ends On or Bidding Ends On. This is just a suggestion and can be improved with more feedback from members.

•••
How about some free giveaways? I need a new t-shirt and would definitely rock a NamePros t-shirt! Hehehe.:laugh:

•••
Hi team of NP.
After each edit on my threads, I see the view numbers go up for 1-2 points (views). Is there any chance to avoid this option to see a real view number ?

P.S. Best platform ever.
Thank you.

•••
Hi team of NP.
After each edit on my threads, I see the view numbers go up for 1-2 points (views). Is there any chance to avoid this option to see a real view number ?

P.S. Best platform ever.
Thank you.

•••
I would implement that in the appraisal section, the OP cannot comment on the thread after posting their domain name/names. Too often have I seen people post appraisal requests and then argue with the responses. It compromises the functionality of the appraisal section with people not taking it seriously and makes all of us look unprofessional.

Also, there should be a semi-severe penalty for bidders who don't pay for an auction they won.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back