What should NamePros add?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NamePros

NamePros.comEstablished Member
NamePros Staff
Impact
Good morning!

NamePros is working on a lot of new and exciting features, and many of them are thanks to member suggestions in our Comments and Feedback section.

We'd love to hear even more! What else would you like us to add for you?

All suggestions are welcome, from small and simple changes to big and complex features!

Please post below, or submit your suggestions privately.

Let us know what you'd like us to build!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I thought at an improvement but I couldn't find any which isn't already done.

•••
And implement a proper auction system, where members can click and bid accordingly and system will shows who is high bidder, will be MUCH easier to follow.

•••
A proper auction system, even DP have a better system and you use the same platform. Maybe that would be a conflict of interest for NP but as a user that's what I'd would like to see here.

•••
Bidding should be desclosed only to seller to avoid spam. And an escrow could be implemented so everything could be conducted via namepros

•••
•••
Something more paid featured options so that names could get more exposure!

•••
Please tell me a simple words how I can place the listing on Free Auction Display page.
Thank you.

•••
To see at what date/time a sent conversation has been read (opened) ?

Last edited:
•••
You guys at NamePros have a Massive e-mail list.

Wouldn't it be awesome if the auctions that you choose to be showcased on the site be e-mailed to your users?

•••
A valuation tool that is like etsibot but also trending topics? Includes other extensions.
A side bar widget -That would be PHAT! And buy tokens for more than 10... Can I get a cut? ;)

•••
Search should default to "most recent" instead of "relevance". I mostly use the forum to learn about recent information. Finding "relevant" (often older) threads is important, but is a secondary use.

Alternatively, allow users to set this individually as a Preference.

Last edited:
•••
A tag widget which shows the user only threads that have been tagged with a tag of their choosing.

E.g. I would select somewhere "Virtual Reality" and this widget would show me threads (discussion and marketplace) that possess this tag.

•••
an ajax like domain availability check below the search field .... just a quick check

•••
NameProsAuctions.com or something similar.

A NamePros live auction website.

•••
A lightweight escrow service.

•••
The current date format under a post is:

" username, Sunday at 6:58 AM "

It would be helpful in the auctions section to have "username, Sunday at 6:58 AM, 39 Hours Ago "

This would be helpful for auctions that end 48 hours or 72 hours after last bid. XX Hours Ago could be added to the forum with only a small snippet of code, and could only be present on the auction thread

•••
Lots of great ideas! We're taking notes. :)

A tag widget which shows the user only threads that have been tagged with a tag of their choosing.
E.g. I would select somewhere "Virtual Reality" and this widget would show me threads (discussion and marketplace) that possess this tag.
We have something similar with the Tag Cloud on the home page. If you click a tag, it will show you all the threads with that tag. You can also search by tag at the bottom.

Here's the Virtual Reality tag.

•••
Been noticing lately due to the amount of domains being sold here (Auctions etc) that I have to go back a few pages (when I am not pressed for time) to see any new domains posted today....so how about adding more "postings" per page?

•••
Or give one the ability to get new posting by date and time.
EG: all auctions on 3/4/16 after 3am.

•••
A "show more" feature to expand large chunks of text within posts would be nice. Maybe anything over 20 lines that is not the original post.

Sometimes people don't use the code or spoiler tags and it's quite annoying to scroll down forever to get past their posts.

•••
It would be great if the signature would be visible for everyone, not only for logged in members.
Currently the signature is only visible when you are logged in.

•••
I thought at an improvement but I couldn't find any which isn't already done.

So true, its difficult as NP is so well honed...
Couple things I'd like to suggest but nothing crucial:

(1) In areas where bumping is allowed once every 24 hours, it might be worth considering a BUMP button, that would automatically appear for the OP after 24 hours (from the last OP bump or post) had elapsed.

This means that an OP would just click the BUMP button rather than posting and so you would not end up with pages and pages of UP or BUMP and little else. It also solves the problem of forcing the OP to watch the clock before considering making a bump because the BUMP button will not appear unless the 24 hours is up.

(2) I think allowing posting URLs and email addresses into the PM should be permitted. At the moment, it is impossible to give someone your email address which is needed for a domain push at most registrars. There appear to be some minor restrictions on what can be written into PMs ("Conversations").

Last edited:
•••
(1) In areas where bumping is allowed once every 24 hours, it might be worth considering a BUMP button, that would automatically appear for the OP after 24 hours (from the last OP bump or post) had elapsed.

This means that an OP would just click the BUMP button rather than posting and so you would not end up with pages and pages of UP or BUMP and little else. It also solves the problem of forcing the OP to watch the clock before considering making a bump because the BUMP button will not appear unless the 24 hours is up.

Well, that's a good idea in my opinion.

•••
How about what you can take away. Do you guys do paid posting here? If so, I don't think you need it anymore, since you're really the only game in town, mainstream domaining forum. From starting threads on topics where there is already a thread, from linking out to sites that steal content from other sites (one I pointed out and you edited to link to original source) from linking out to sites I've never heard of that are not really articles, but ads dressed up as articles. And this isn't stuff posted from regular members but looks like people that are getting paid, or staff or something. Let it be organic.

•••
But,but, those are PROS and business members doing those type of posting....
They can do it....
We just can't/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back