Dynadot

What should I do with 1.5K $

NameSilo
Watch

NetworkPearl

Top Member
Impact
So I have 1.5K $ to invest but not sure what to buy.

Should I buy a single 1 word domain and hold it off or buy few domain through the aftermarket.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
While it very well may be sarcasm, a new member is here asking for investment advice. How are they to detect the sarcasm when a pro comments on another members advice saying it's not within their budget when in fact it is?

I have the utmost respect for Shane. I also respect facts. My apologies if everybody else read Shane's comments as sarcasm, I just wanted to clear the misconception that CVCV's are out of the OPs budget. They may be rare, but they're out there.

Yes, domains like XEWU are in that price range. :)

•••
post a thread here in that forum
and offer immediate payment of 1.5K
for any 4l.com CHIP

weak people may accept it today ;)

anybody wants to sell a chip for 1.5K?
PM me

•••
Buy 3-5 quality two-word .com domains on Flippa marketplace, it's a good time to buy on Filppa great bargains can be got these last few weeks.

You can get yourself 3-5 two-word .com's for 1.5K, the type that have liquidity and can be sold easily again.

I picked up hydrogencar .info for $1 few days back, this is easier than picking money of the ground.

•••
Even though $1.5 K is not a huge budget, you can still build a small diversified portfolio for potential great returns with less risk. Using the whole budget to buy one name and hoping it sells quick for a profit is more like gambling, not domain investing.
Some ideas:
keyword brandables, good pronounceable 5Ls are still affordable and often times have liquid value as well, catch drops after doing research (have targeted buyer, i.e. .com name with other businesses using the name in other extensions), geo+keyword etc...
Learn and learn and research before you start buying. namePros is a great school :)

•••
Read the forums. Determine what sells and what sits on the shelves. Carefully spend $500 on domains, count it as a loss, then begin again with the leftover $1,000. Nothing motivates one to learn like taking a loss.
I agree with Shane...Thats the right way to start...Unless you take chance and see,you will not come to know insides of the domain industry..Be cautious and make smart moves..

•••
Read the forums. Determine what sells and what sits on the shelves. Carefully spend $500 on domains, count it as a loss, then begin again with the leftover $1,000. Nothing motivates one to learn like taking a loss.

He can just send me the $500 check and we can call it his learning curve.

•••
•••
•••
Get the best 4L.com you can get. They will not go back down to levels we used to see on the forums and aftermarkets. They may drop a little, but I see them going higher and higher in the next couple years.

4L.com are highly sought after and most owners of them are holding onto them. If you need to sell it, you will have an easier time selling it than almost all other niche domains.

•••
•••
After lots of research and watching the market as recommended...

Buy quality two word .com, four letter .com and a couple 5-7 letter pronounceable .coms

If any $ left reg a few 5L chips before the buyout and maybe reg a new g if you find one that makes sense, most of the ones that do won't be available at a regular registration rate but you may think up a winner.

•••
•••
I would use most of that $1500 to buy quality two-word.com(s). Chips will take longer to grow in value in my opinion, whereas two-words have greater upside.

•••
Let me guess what NNNN.com it was:

N4N0.com?

•••
•••
No it had all numbers without 0,4

Oh then N7N2.com. It is still available for handreg.
n7n2.JPG

•••
Beware of Premium names / claims of premium till you look it up on many sites!
I would buy in bulk. And it saves registering too many names! :D auction spares $1
You can then focus on your new domains and get seller ratings! I'm changing my approach now and PM if you want to know what I've got!

Last edited:
•••
One of my nice domains says:
Buy Flip Repeat (.com)
Do that :)

•••
imo buy a few great as u can dot com and other tlds of a niche u luv personally get a decent beta web site started, seo it right, adsense, affiliates, blog on it and build up value. then repeat!

•••
I was close to getting a NNNN.com for 2K lol.
PM me next time if you find one in that range.I advise to listen to Shane and some other ideas.You might find some gems in back orders as well as close out.As long as your investment is long time.

•••
Speaking from personal experience - buy traffic domains with revenue. These type of names are always liquid, in both bad and good economies. Generics, even good ones, lose value during uncertain times such as the market we have now.
Or if you know how to drive traffic, buy good domains and bring traffic in.
Then you can have both good name and traffic.:)

•••
I would buy a domain earning $40+ per month. Above.com is a good place to buy domains with verified traffic+revenue.
I would search on this forum, flippa and sedo as well.

For bigger profits in a shorter term you need to work more in searching the market to know which type of domains are sold more, then you need to look to buy such a domain for a very low price. Buy cheap and sell, never ending cycle. Personally I prefer the first option, I would buy a domain with revenue and wouldn't try to sell it. Because I am lazy :)

•••
•••
•••
This is "just a theory" but I'm seeing price deflation in non-tangible tech related assets like domains, tech stocks, and a cash/credit crunch happening globally (2016 vs. 2015).

I revise my earlier comment. If I were you I would save that $1500 in physical cash and wait to see how the broader markets behave this month and next. If China and the EU continue to have financial and currency problems, the price of domains will decrease further. Meaning that if you buy now you'd be overpaying with less profit potential if flipping later. There is a major global financial crisis looming if you read and believe the non-mainstream news (e.g. I read a lot of articles from zerohedge).

This bearish view is why I'm starting to unload most of my domains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back