Dynadot

question What registrar is now the best one domainers use?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello,

Ive been out of the game for a while and just went to renew my names at godaddy and seems my domain club expired and now the renewal prices are insane and no coupons.

SO, What is the registrar people use now who own over 100 names? Ever since lost my VIP rep godaddy has been downhill.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am in the xx field and I use Namecheap mainly.

Privacy Protection is by far the cheapest I have found and I hate my info being public.

Since I only get popular extensions I usually transfer to Namecheap and avoid the headaches of remember multiple registrars.

•••
I find Namesilo domainer friendly - easy to use interface, free privacy, competitive pricing, bulk updating and marketplace tools.

•••
•••
Namesilo

Good price , Free privacy for life time

Transfer $8.39 | Renewal $8.99 | New Registration $8.99

NameBright

Very Good price, Free privacy for first year

Transfer $8.03 | Renewal $8.03 | New Registration $8.03

* You must prefund your account before purchase to avail special price $8.03, Minimum prefund $15

Dynadot

Little bit pricey compared with others, but very safe and easy.

Regular pricing : Transfer $10.99 | Renewal $10.99 | New Registration $10.99

Bulk pricing : Transfer $8.75 | Renewal $8.75 | New Registration $8.75

*Spending Requirement: $500.00 per year.

Super Bulk pricing : Transfer $8.50 | Renewal $8.50 | New Registration $8.50

*Spending Requirement: $5000.00 per year.

Name.com

Transfer $8.25 | Renewal $12.99 | New Registration $9.99

Namecheap

Free privacy for first year, Easy to use interface

Transfer $9.69 | Renewal $10.69 | New Registration $10.69

Hope this helps.

•••
Namesilo is the best option. They have a bulk tier which is for portfolios over 100 domains so you will qualify for it

•••
I am in the xx field and I use Namecheap mainly.

Privacy Protection is by far the cheapest I have found and I hate my info being public.

Since I only get popular extensions I usually transfer to Namecheap and avoid the headaches of remember multiple registrars.

Namesilo have free whois privacy

•••
I find NameSilo.com to be the most domainer-centric registrar out there today and they're constantly updating and improving their offerings specifically for domain investors. Functional and efficient domain control panel and portfolio management system. Easy bulk transfer-in, expedited transfer outs. Free whois privacy for life. Quick page load times. In-house marketplace (for domains registered with NameSilo) with 7.5% commission, payment plan option for buyers, and for sale landing pages. Part of Afternic's fast-transfer enabled/premium network and also of SedoMLS. Few bugs and glitches and whenever you encounter any customer support is responsive and get things sorted out quickly. Overall I don't know of any other registrar that offer so many useful features and tools geared towards domainers.

•••
•••
•••
Namesilo
Dynadot
Epik
Hexonet also pretty good

•••
Plusdomainclub.com

Free Whois
Free SSL

.99 Cloud Linux Hosting w/cPanel & Optional Cloudflare
.com 9.99 This year & Next years to come
.com Only $8.99 for NamePros members
Use Code= NamePros
once you use it once, you'll be placed into the group and pricing will automatically reflect your discount.

•••
Uniregistry
Epik
NameSilo
(Dynadot
NameCheap)

Overall, Uni takes the first spot for me, but Epik and NameSilo are good too. All three offer integrated marketplace solutions.

•••
•••
I'm moving to NameSilo, and I use a prepay account which saves 10 cents per name.

•••
•••
Godaddy, namecheap and namebright in that order

•••
Name.com Godaddy.com . I would not recommend namesilo. I lost all my domains there because I forgot my security question password. Then I got email saying they was going to auction my domains off. Stay away from namesilo unless your sure you will never forget your password.

•••
Name.com Godaddy.com . I would not recommend namesilo. I lost all my domains there because I forgot my security question password. Then I got email saying they was going to auction my domains off. Stay away from namesilo unless your sure you will never forget your password.

Godaddy did that to me because I created a second account. I didn't forget my password, they just locked it b/c they thought the name was fake No refund, do not pass go. I'll never use godaddy again after that. That and their hosting is pretty slow.

•••
Had good experience with istanco.com they are a bit smaller registrar but get the job done.

•••
Did you try the lost password link?

•••
Uniregistry seems to be the logical choice, given that it is run by a domainer.

I'm slowly moving over towards their platform, but still have domains at pretty much every registrar there is. At a quick count I have domains at at least 10 registrars.

Also a note for those with domain privacy, WHOIS searches are a really consistent source of domain sales. By having it on private you are missing out on potential leads. Get a PO Box or a forwarding address and get those WHOIS details public.

•••
Also a note for those with domain privacy, WHOIS searches are a really consistent source of domain sales. By having it on private you are missing out on potential leads. Get a PO Box or a forwarding address and get those WHOIS details public.

I reflected on this, and of course your statement is true. In the end I decided that I would use privacy to cut down on spam, and add a sales contact on the parking page for the domain. That does slow you down a bit though, as you have to create a mini-site for every name.

•••
we are currently making an option to mark your domains for sale right from your profile, and it will provide a page that collects offers and contact info. Without you having to build a mini page for all domains.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back